If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sig Image Issue

SeverenceSeverence MemberFull Members
edited September 2004 in Site & Forum Support
I'm trying to update my sig's display and unfortunately I've seemed to hit a snag. I'm only trying to link one image and update the sig text, and I am under the sig character requirement as well as under the sig image size requirement. However, when I try to update the info I get a screen that says "Sorry, but you have posted more images than you are allowed to." It then gives the option to go back to the personal info editing screen. I've tried multiple times to see if maybe I could push the request through but to no avail. I tried deleting the image link from the sig leaving just text, updating to that, and then updating the image link back into the sig but that didn't fly either.

Since I just had a single image and some text displayed when I was trying to do this and my account hasn't been placed in any type of sig restriction I'm puzzled as to what the exact problem is. It's happened before with the same instance as now but back then it fixed itself somehow and allowed me to update. Any help?

Comments

• Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited September 2004
    That happened to me, and like you seen to have done some time ago, tried until it "fixed itself". Sometimes it help for you to try another day.
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • SeverenceSeverence Member Full Members
    edited September 2004
    Hrm, well at least this isn't an isolated issue, even if it is an intermittent one. Hopefully this is one of the things that gets some attention with the site updates.

Life threatening: no. Frustrating: sho nuff.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited September 2004
    You just encountered one of the infamous board bugs. ?I had this happen to me a while back. ?You should mention it to madhtr if you get the chance. ?I had thought that bug had been cleared up as I haven't heard any complaints about it in a while. ?Intermittent bug or not; it is still a pain in the ass.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited September 2004
    It's common enough that I have a entry about it in the Newbie Guide...

Far as I know, until they get around to upgrading the board, we'll just have to deal with it. Luckily it's not hard to get around. Wait five minutes, then try again. It'll get through if you keep trying.

93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited September 2004
    Ah, the good 'ol sig image bug. Lovely little thing, it is.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited September 2004
    I didn't realise you liked it so much, ?Maybe we should ask the admins to keep it around when they upgrade. :p
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business