If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Ad Sandwich

Happy HoboHappy Hobo MemberFull Members
edited October 2004 in Site & Forum Support
Every so often on the main site, the advertisement on the right seems to take over the page, mashing the rest of the page into an annoying mess. It's obvious I'm not a master with words, so here's a screenshot of the problem in action.
It isn't really that big of a deal, but it is annoying, so I may as well bring some attention to it.

Comments

• MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited September 2004
    Yes, this has been happening for some time. Only it's been doing it a lot more frequently lately. We're going to get it fixified as soon as possible.
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    1) While it won't help with RPGamer's crappy ad setup, you should really go try Firefox.

2) Why in God's green earth are you looking at Kingdom Hearts 2 info?
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited September 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LiQuid! @ Sep. 27 2004,21:29)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"2) Why in God's green earth are you looking at Kingdom Hearts 2 info?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Because KH is teh roxxorest Action RPG since Secret of Mana, maybe even roxxorer.
    Or I was just bored and randomly clicking through upcomming games :P
    Whichever reason sounds less stupid.
  • KenshinKenshin Member Full Members
    edited September 2004
    omg yeah i have that problems as well that gay ad screws up the page al the time for me, especially when it opens up in the full window and you hafta click either "save this ad" (yeah as if any one would) or "skip this ad" ,at that point it normally locks up my browser mad.gif cant you guys get rid of the ad and put some other ad there that wont screw up the page?
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Gay because it likes to partake in sexual relations with other, same-sex ads?
  • Happy HoboHappy Hobo Member Full Members
    edited September 2004
    You know just how to rev my engine, LiQuid! wink.gif
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited September 2004
    I just wanted to mention that I came across the problem when I was checking out the Kingdom Hearts II media gallery. ?It is very annoying when the ad banner compresses all the site content.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    So here's an update. We can't do anything about this. I know, this problem annoys the hell out of me too. The only thing that we can do about it is complain to Gorilla Nation and hope that they fix this.
  • TheDrunkenGamerTheDrunkenGamer Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    I find refreshing the page remedies the situation rather nicely. Yeah it's a pain, but it's only 10 seconds out of your life that you're not going to miss. tounge.gif

I'm sort of glad to know I'm not the only one encountering this problem. I'd laugh if GN said "But, we HAVE to do this! No one is clicking on our ads, so we need to grab people attention somehow!"
  • JochieJochie Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    I'm going to pretend this thread is about all sorts of ad questions, and just ask this one here: Does RPGamer get more mad cash if I actually click the Shadow Hearts Covenant uber-ad? If it helps, I figured I might as well click it each time rather than clicking the link to skip it. Either way, I'm clicking stuff.
  • KenshinKenshin Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    That retarded Shadow hearts ad is really pissing me off, everytime I try and view RPGamer website on my old laptop wich I have to use most of the time, the ad will lock up IE and it just keeps doing it, it is the only ad that does this on the internet that I have encounterd...maybe you mods could do somthing about it? laugh.gif laugh.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif plz