If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Goodbye!

Amish_ChiefAmish_Chief MemberFull Members
edited December 2004 in Latest Updates
Heh, I knew I'd be writing this post eventually, but have a hard time realizing that the time has come to do so.

Today marks my three-year anniversary with RPGamer, but it also marks my last day with the site. ?In that time I've worked primarily with the Points of View section and Public Relations, but like all uber-veterans that are crazy enough to stay so long, I've dabbled in just about every other section as well. ?My tenure has also included visits to E3 in 2002 and 2003, which are a treat for anyone that has been immersed in the world of gaming like all of us have been.

The reasons for my departure are, well...a chance to move on, in a sense. ?After graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism and Mass Communication last May, I spent the last summer working as an English Teacher/Summer Camp Counselor in the Chubu region of Japan. ?It was such an enjoyable experience that I will be going back with one of the big commercial eikaiwas (conversation schools) sometime next Spring.

I've also been working as a paid reporter as well, though the subject matter isn't nearly as gratifying as what we do here. ?Nevertheless, I can't say I regret the experiences I've had with RPGamer at all.

Should the opportunity arise in the future, I might contribute some material to Points of View, or come back on the staff in another matter if the right time/place/situation arises. ?But for now, three years of my free blood and sweat equity is enough for now.

And that's that. ?I'll see you around, maybe for the Tokyo Game Show next year!

Thanks a lot everyone. ?Sayonara.

Comments

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    Farewell, Amish.

I'd like to take this opportunity and thank you for giving me support back when I started writing reviews for PoV ^^

Anyway, have a good life, although I'm sure we'll see you again someday.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • KarlinnKarlinn Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    Sayonara, Amish. Ya done good ^^
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    Have a good one, Amish.

Dracos
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    Have fun Paul! Live out my dream in the nerd Motherland! It was genuinely a pleasure having you on the site and around the fora.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    'Tis a time for many partings....
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    So...jealous...must...kill...

Anyhoo, we'll miss you bunches, you're an awesome guy and a great asset to the site. Good luck with everything, you seem fully capable of being awesome at it.
  • DekaRedDekaRed Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    I know I never knew you but good luck.
  • ASVASV Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    "Roads go ever ever on,
    over rock and under tree,
    through caves where never sun has shown,
    by streams that never find the sea;

I have wandered but now have found,
    the road into that larger way,
    weep not empty tears but grieve,
    as that road comes to its end;

Roads go ever ever on,
    to the lands beyond the sea,
    weep not empty tears but grieve,
    as the shadows part for me."
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited December 2004
    Goodbye Amish. From what I've seen of your work you were an asset to the site and will be missed.

Don't drink and drive home,
    smoke pot and fly home.

Take care buddy.
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • O Shrouded OneO Shrouded One Hobo With A Huge Heart Full Members
    edited December 2004
    I'll miss you Paul. Farewell, but not goodbye.
    Hire me for work!
    Follow me on The Twitters!
    “Like” my page so I get some form of internal satisfaction from a number associated with me increasing!
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    I didn't know you for long, but it was fun talking to you when i had the chance. Good times for you in the future, though! I'll see you around.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShadowKnight28ShadowKnight28 Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2004
    I've been around for about 3 years. I probably remember you as another name. Im sorry to see you go sad.gif there are many advid rpgamer members who have left. Well good luck with your future ahead smile.gif Take care.
  • RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited December 2004
    *pours booze on the curb, fires handgun into the air*

Wherever you go...represent well, G.