If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGamer @ Wikipedia?

kweeekweee MemberFull Members
edited July 2005 in Site & Forum Support
In my spare time (roughly 11:58pm to 11:59pm every three weeks), I like to unwind with a nice, relaxing session of Wikipedia authoring and editting. On my latest trip through Wikiland, it occurred to me that RPGamer doesn't have a Wikipedia entry. That should not be! Other sites *cough* have 'em; so should we!

So if you know your history of RPGamer and would like to help, you can start here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=RPGamer&action=edit

...and if someone starts it, it'll end up being here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPGamer

I hope there are a couple of Wikipedians around to help out with this because it wouldn't be too approrpriate for myself or another staff member to work on this since we're a bit biased.

Thanks in advance to anyone who pitches in!

Comments

• DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited May 2005
    All I do at Wikipedia is edit out Commonwealth spelling. So I can help in that regard when the time comes. biggrin.gif

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    "On my honor, I will never spell it honour."
  • KeeperXKeeperX Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    Man, I don't even know who wrote our stub. It certainly wasn't me. Oh, well, open encyclopedia, I guess.
  • S-KS-K New Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    MonCap: This isn't the place to make such posts. Had you read the rules more carefully you would have known the reason why you couldn't start topics.

• Options
    edited May 2005
    Edit by maryadavies: Read the rules. They say why you can't make a topic yet. This is also not the place to make such posts...

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited July 2005
    Sorry to bring this up again..

But thanks to Odd from #rpgamer, it's finally done.

I added some stuff I remembered, and I think Martyr added some stuff and reminded me of a date.

It's also at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rpgamer (probably a miss-capitalization: that was the original.)

Anyway, ye staffers, feel free to add to it. My memory is a bit rusty, which is why I didn't start it until Odd did something.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I think you should use Firemyst's real name in the article. ?His internet nickname will be meaningless to anyone who comes across the article and is unfamiliar with the site.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited July 2005
    Commonwealth spelling free, good job team.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • FF ShinobiFF Shinobi Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Wat exactly is commonwealth spelling?
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I doun't knouw.
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(FF Shinobi @ Jul. 24 2005,12:42)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Wat exactly is commonwealth spelling?[/QUOTE]
    The intertron, population: you. In other news, I <3 Rico.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    Use of Commonwealth spelling is considered a vice and offenders will be sent to gaol where they will rot and mould.

The RPGamer Wikipedia entry looks good.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    What if you are from the Commonwealth? tounge.gif
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    I am.

It can be annoying, transfering writing to/from the US, but most of the world uses US spelling anyway, despite their "Commonwealth" allegiance.
    Mostly because MS Word spellcheck defaults to US English, and most of us are too lazy to switch it.
    That, and I never use the word "gaol" unless I'm really trying to.
    edited July 2005
    Here's to cocacolonization! wow.gif

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • TiptailTiptail Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Vigivalgus @ Jul. 25 2005,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"I am.

It can be annoying, transfering writing to/from the US, but most of the world uses US spelling anyway, despite their "Commonwealth" allegiance.
    Mostly because MS Word spellcheck defaults to US English, and most of us are too lazy to switch it.
    That, and I never use the word "gaol" unless I'm really trying to.[/QUOTE]
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Use of Commonwealth spelling is considered a vice and offenders will be sent to gaol where they will rot and mould.[/QUOTE]

*gasps* You traitor!

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Speaking of colour. British spellings forever! Colour. Honour. Neighbour (I think this is the British spelling). Centre. Woo! [/QUOTE]

That was a heck of a long time ago, but! An elephant never forgets. I may not be an elephant, but my brand new cold makes me sound like one.
    You DARE to slander our glorious British spelling? You better not be, or I shall enact some drastic measures. Such as punting your colourful faaace several hundred metres.
    A vice, indeed. Psssh.

On a side note, two paragraphs? Poor Wikipedia looks lonely.
  • kweeekweee Member Full Members
    edited July 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Tiptail @ Jul. 29 2005,01:52)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"On a side note, two paragraphs? ?Poor Wikipedia looks lonely.[/QUOTE]
    Side note??? That's the main topic here! tounge.gif

Someone go make good writing stuff on there. Someone to please who goodly speaky Englishes.