If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Newbie Help Thread

Comments

• Haunted/HatedHaunted/Hated New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    FFX question:

How do you beat that Ixion lookalike on Thunder Plains that cast that Thundaja spell?
  • FF ShinobiFF Shinobi Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Haunted/Hated @ May 24 2004,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"FFX question:

How do you beat that Ixion lookalike on Thunder Plains that cast that Thundaja spell?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Nul Bolt, Nul Bolt, Nul Bolt.

tip 2: read if still stuck
    "<span class="spoiler">Get all the ultimate weapons</span>"

tip3: read if STILL stuck
    "<span class="spoiler">bring full Overdrives on all chaciters AND Aeons</span>"

tip4 read if you are desprate
    "<span class="spoiler">Level EVERYONE to to the max</span>"

These four tips will get you out of many a tight spot.

Oh and for most enimies on the thunder plains:
    Ixion absorbs thunder damage
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Haunted/Hated @ May 24 2004,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"FFX question:

How do you beat that Ixion lookalike on Thunder Plains that cast that Thundaja spell?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I don't remember that boss, but I think it would be a safe bet that casting nullshock would be a good strategy. Bring Lulu and hit it with some water spells too.

But yeah, I don't remember this boss at all so it may not be that good of advice tounge.gif Can't hurt to try, though.
  • DarkCloudFan666DarkCloudFan666 Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Crap. I can't beat that Budda Temple level w/Tesshu getting a master of assassians rank!!!! It's the only one left that I don't have a perfect score on!!!!!!!

I have a new question and guess WHAT? It's about Dark Cloud 2!

Ahem,

I am going to start a 100% game when summer starts (2 weeks!! laugh.gif ) and I would like to know how the hell I can do those cursed fishing races. You know, it's like Gran Turismo but with FISH! Any pointers for the Dark Cloud mastah?

sarcasm.gif eh.gif alien.gif laugh.gif
  • adiemusadiemus Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    As I remember it correctly, you need to invent the aquarium. Unfortunately, I don't remember how to do that, but I know you need it. Find a place to fish, catch one, and put it in your tank. I'm not sure, but I believe there's some feeding involved. Anyway, the town you originally start in will host the races every now and then. The game is supposed to alert you to when the races start. I hope that helps.
  • sanyrsanyr Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    I have a question.

What's the code to revive Aeris in FFVII?!?!? confused.gif
  • adiemusadiemus Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    sarcasm.gif *sigh*...There is no code, you can't revive her, now please, just leave this subject be.
    edited June 2004
    Rats.

Oh well, back to trying to revive General Leo
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    The code to reviving Aeris? Spend about $50 on Kingdom Hearts laugh.gif
    edited June 2004
    Haha laugh.gif
  • FF ShinobiFF Shinobi Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    To revive Aeris you just hit the reset buton on yourr playstation an select new game. It really works!

• damphyrdamphyr New Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    I'm looking for some help with La Pucelle: Tactics.

I'm trying to locate a list of monsters that can and cannot be purified enough to join the team. I'd espeically love it if I could find a list that gives, on average, the purification power needed to convert them.

Thanks for any and all help!
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (damphyr @ June 09 2004,01:53)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm looking for some help with La Pucelle: Tactics.

I'm trying to locate a list of monsters that can and cannot be purified enough to join the team. I'd espeically love it if I could find a list that gives, on average, the purification power needed to convert them.

Thanks for any and all help![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'd doubt bosses can be purified until they show up as random monsters; those are probably only the really restricted ones.

The rule of thumb for purification seems to be the higher level of the monster, the more purification. I've found things purify faster the less HP they have, though that could be merely coincidental (I generally use Alouette, who in my game has very high INT levels).
    To make your life easy, try beefing up your INT and DEF on one of your characters and assign them to mainly purifying.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    Paws:

I'm pretty sure purify does your purification level in hidden damage against their life bar on another hidden bar.

Dracos
  • damphyrdamphyr New Member Full Members
    edited June 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paws @ June 09 2004,06:35)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'd doubt bosses can be purified until they show up as random monsters; those are probably only the really restricted ones.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I know bosses can't be purified, but I know there are other monsters that will not convert either. That's what I was hoping for. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2004
    Does anyone have any tactics for fighting adel in ff8? (i rushed this game and as a result i have a very weak party of about lv 38-43, and this is only with squall, quistis and irvine. all the rest are only about lv20) also at this point in the game i am not allowed to go back outside and train, and all the enemies inside lunitic pandora give menext to nothing in the way of exp. please help me!!
  • TrueGamerTrueGamer Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"What's the code to revive Aeris in FFVII?!?!?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Believe it or not, but there is a code, you just need to go to the GameShark website to find it. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Does anyone have any tactics for fighting adel in ff8? (i rushed this game and as a result i have a very weak party of about lv 38-43, and this is only with squall, quistis and irvine. all the rest are only about lv20) also at this point in the game i am not allowed to go back outside and train, and all the enemies inside lunitic pandora give menext to nothing in the way of exp. please help me!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

It's been so long, I can barely remember. The most help I can offer is to go around Lunatic Pandora and draw a whole lot of spells. Junction those spells to your best characters' stats. Get'em up nice and high. After that, save and try your hand at Adel again. You should have more spells, and better stats, to fight the battle with. You can also bring Zell and use the Super Duper Dragon Punch combo (keep using his shortest combos, the two-button ones, over and over again). You should be able to get off an enormous number of these before Zell's Limit period ends.

After that, you'll be in Ulti's castle. You'll have a great many chances to level up and gather good spells there.
  • ZoharZohar New Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    Hi. I need serious help in .hack//quarantine (the fourth chapter).

Right at the beginning you need to enter a dungeon and you need 2 Virus Core J's. Apparantly, you get those from small-sized monsters in Omega server. However, I've opened almost 10 new areas on Omega server and I couldn't find a single small-sized monster.

I checked the FAQs, there are only two or something... The monsters listed there as having Virus Core J's are in areas apparantly I don't have access to. I mean, their keywords don't even appear!

This is very frustrating, and I really need some help.

Zohar Gilboa
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    Ok, here's a list of the monster's and keywords where you can find them that can be Data Drained for a Virus Core J:

Earth Hsien - Omega Sickened Imprisoned Fallen Angel
    Wood Maiden - Omega Cruel Vindictive Scars
    Flame Maiden - Omega Rotting Countless Sacrifice
    Madam Niagra - Omega Hidden Darkside Holy Ground
    Gob Machine - Omega Rotting Countless Sacrifice
    Pandora's Box - Omega Mysterious Haunted Secret Tower

If you don't have access to those keywords yet then there must be something else you need to do first before getting access.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MedgeMedge New Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    Right, i got 2 questins for you guys..

1) In FFVII, can you actually revive Aeris, or is that total bull?
    2)Shenmue 3confused.gif?confused.gif
    edited July 2004
    1. There is no way to revive Aeris(Aerith if you want to get picky). You can use a Gameshark to play as her during the game(after that fateful event) but that is not the same thing.

2. It's truly doubtful that the game will ever see the light of day. Now that Sega and Sammy have formed Sega Sammy Holding Corporation and considering Sammy owns most of the company..... I see Sega focusing on it's arcade aspects and less on the developing of games for consoles. It's possible but the time that has passed since Shenmue II is probably just too long. I guess just keep an eye on your screen and if it's announced then you'll definitely know about it.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2004
    well, not the answers i was lookin for but, ta neways, wht bout FF12, is it online only?
    edited July 2004
    Actually it's quite the opposite. There is no online aspects in FF12. All offline. Definitely the style of game that i enjoy.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2004
    well atleast theres some good news hey? but im sure i saw like a package where you got the game and a modem for your ps2, but nm.
    edited July 2004
    See, what you're thinking of more than likely is FFXI which ships in a package with the PS2 HDD. That game is only playable online.

FF12, though, will not be online at all so nothing to worry about here.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2004
    Got the the wrong way round then, ta for clearin that up, be a bummer if they ruined the ff series.

Whats everyones fave rpg then?
  • ZoharZohar New Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    Madhtr, I don't have access to any of those keywords, and I've done everything (except finishing goblin quests from the previous chapter). Any idea how I can open them? It's really frustrating.
    edited July 2004
    Right, my ps2 is dead, so no final fantasy for abit, n the only decent game i got for the xbox is shenmue II, any good rpgs for the xbox???
    edited July 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Madhtr, I don't have access to any of those keywords, and I've done everything (except finishing goblin quests from the previous chapter). Any idea how I can open them? It's really frustrating.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The onlt thing i can think to tell you is to try the random keyword search and hope that eventually you get the one you need........ Other than that i don't know what to tell you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"any good rpgs for the xbox???[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Right now? Other than Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic, no, but there are a few RPGs coming out over the next year or so and there is the possibility that a couple might be good.

You might want to try some non-RPGs such as Ninja Gaiden and if you're into sports at all Top Spin is a very fun game.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2004
    ok thanks man, got another question now, in ff8 where do i get me some adamantine for squalls lionheart? i searched pretty much everywhere just runnin roung,usin mug, but i just dont get any.
This discussion has been closed.