If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Newbie Help Thread

Comments

• ANGRYWOLFANGRYWOLF Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2004
    I can see this site hasn't seen much use lately..I am hoping the Lufia games will show up again..maybe on the Playstation 2..so if you ever hear anything about the old Lufia games being rereleased please let me know...

I am looking for a place/site where I can get a computer game..I think it was made by bioware several years ago..several people swear it's the one of the best RPGs ever made...I don't know it's name..and bioware is no help...I do think it starts with the letter T..so if anyone has heard of this please let me know...
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited September 2004
    As far as I know, Bioware's never developed anything particularly stunning which starts with a T. Their most notable games are Neverwinter Nights, the Baldur's Gate series, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
  • PhospheneHereticPhospheneHeretic Member Full Members
    edited September 2004
    Wolf - Perhaps you mean Planescape: Torment? That would be Black Isle studios, by the way.
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    STAR OCEAN 3 HELP

I am trying to defeat the blue dragon zombie in the BARR mountains. I am getting good hits but the dragon always like feezes me or something - I can see that I still have hp and I am not stone, I am not paralyzed, I am not frozen - but I cant move - My picture gets grayed out - Usually the dragon does this to one character at a time and then I die - even though I still have HP and am not stone?

Its frsuterating - Any ideas? The guide does not say anything about this attack
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited September 2004
    Haven`t reached that place, but how is your MP? When your MP runs out you die too...
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gouden Draak @ Sep. 28 2004,16:09)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Haven`t reached that place, but how is your MP? When your MP runs out you die too...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Really? I didn't know that - I usually keep it pretty high but not maxed - I'll have to try that out.
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    The dragon has the ability to incapacitate you in one hit, so the only thing that'll protect you against it, would be to put on an Anti-Incapacitation Amulet. It also depends on your MP, as previously stated by someone else. That's the downfall to this game; you can't just die with HP, but MP too. Hope the hint about instant kills helps.
    edited September 2004
    actually I am suppose to have a copy of Planetscape Torment around here somewhere...it may be boxed up with my supernintendo games...anyway...I guess I need to come up with a question...What are your views about the playstation and PC versions of RPG MAKER ?
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    Not the place for that kind of question, Angrywolf. Check the other games forum for an RPGmaker topic.

Dracos

edited October 2004
    OOOOOO..I thought you could ask any question here...as long as you were a newby..my apologies..oh heavenly one... laugh.gif
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"If you have less than 10 posts, obviously you're unable to create new topics, and thus, you may not be able to get help for a game that may not have a topic yet. Therefore, if you're a newbie with less than 10 posts, ask for game help here.

Just as a forewarning, if I see you ask for game help in a thread that has nothing to do with the game you're asking about, I'll berate you and direct you to this thread. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

It's generally a good idea to read the topic starter first. This thread is specifically for game help. This thread is to be kept clean mostly of other discussion so newcomers who cannot yet create their own threads for asking questions about a game can still get quick responses from the forum population about them.

Dracos
  • Options
    edited October 2004
    Hi...I was in golden sun and I cannot get past the Kraken,can anybody help?
  • RivermanRiverman Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    Which of these 3 games should I play next?

Disgaea
    Grandia 2
    Star Ocean 3
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Riverman @ Oct. 15 2004,03:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Which of these 3 games should I play next?

Disgaea
    Grandia 2
    Star Ocean 3[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Anyone you like?

All three are good games, even if they're quite different. Just try all three out, and you'll see which one you feel like playing for the moment.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Hi...I was in golden sun and I cannot get past the Kraken,can anybody help?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Kraken? That boss on the boat? Well... just do the usual. Start out by using all your lvl. 4 Djinn (for a rather quick defeat, as with most bosses in the GS series). Then just smash him, while using Ply Well or whatever with Mia. He's not that tough.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Knuck_If_You_BuckKnuck_If_You_Buck Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2004
    Metal_Sagaep1.

Moderator Edit:

Stop it with the spamming run. You've seen the rules on your way in. Follow them.

• Options
    edited October 2004
    Is there anything special that I need to do to create the Philosopher's Stone in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time? I have been trying for about an hour and have been unsuccessful.
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    Supposedly you need Misty Lear, Sophia and another guy to make it. It lies between 12z to 17z. It takes a lot of time and your bound to end up with a lot of useless stuff, but keep trying.
  • Options
    edited November 2004
    A tales of phantasia port for the GBA came out in Japan not long ago. Does ANYONE know or heard any rumors that it's coming to the U.S.?
  • Options
    edited November 2004
    I have a question regarding the music in Suikoden III for PS2.
    What is the name of the song playing in the opening movie?

EDIT: Have found the title, but no artist. Anyone know who it is?

• adiemusadiemus Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
    Here you go:

Composed By: Michiru Yamane, Takashi Yoshida, Masahiko Kimura

Arranged By: Michiru Yamane, Takashi Yoshida, Masahiko Kimura
  • DarionDarion Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
    Seeing as how Onimusha Tactics doesn't really deserve it's own thread, I'll just ask here.

What the hell does Issen do?
  • Options
    edited November 2004
    Thank you greatly, adiemus.
    Maybe now I can get it out of my head...

Alas I have another question.

Is XenoGears/Saga based on an anime?
    To me it seems to have huge similarities to Evangelion.
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Capitalism Ho! Full Members
    edited November 2004
    Grr, this 10 post thing is a bit annoying because I possess this ardent, burning desire to discuss the Atelier series, especially Elie. <3 to Elie.
  • Options
    edited November 2004
    hmmm... need help in onimusha tactics... can anyone like tell me how to make new weapons with the recipes found pls? and also can u like tell me the procedure thanks...
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gaara @ Nov. 16 2004,09:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Is XenoGears/Saga based on an anime?
    To me it seems to have huge similarities to Evangelion.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Based on an anime? Nah, but the influences for the series was from quite a few different sources including anime (Evangelion was named as one such source). If you haven't kept up with our Japandemonium section.... Namco recently announced that they're created an anime based on Xenosaga so that should be interesting. And not an anime movie, but a tv series which is scheduled for (i think) 52 episodes.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2004
    In legend of dragoon should I use shana or king albert?
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
    um... against who? I would probably say Shania in general because of her healing.
    edited November 2004
    Definitely Albert.

I can't remember using anything but items in LoD to heal... all I used was Dart, Rose and Albert... and all their firepower.
  • Options
    edited December 2004
    I need some help in Star Ocean 3. I cannot enter the firewall dungeon. The door that leads to this area is locked and I'm unable to get in. Is there somewhere else I have to go first in order to enter this area? Any help is appreciated.
    edited December 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Beefy Hits @ Dec. 03 2004,17:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I need some help in Star Ocean 3. I cannot enter the firewall dungeon. The door that leads to this area is locked and I'm unable to get in. Is there somewhere else I have to go first in order to enter this area? Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Have you been to the Shrine of Kaddan (the dungeon underneath the castle ion aquios)? You gotta have the Sacred Orb to enter the Firewall.

Other than that, there's not much I can think of...
This discussion has been closed.