If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Newbie Help Thread

Comments

• FalorFalor Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    You will find that a number of the puzzle in Alter Code F were formated in various styles not familiar to those in America. They involve specifics in letter placements and such which are in the tablet clues. I embarsingly enough just got the answer from an FAQ at Gamespot, and once I did I'm glad I stopped hitting my head, cause they made no sense to me. Wasnt the only time I had to do that in that game either.
  • DragoonDragoon New Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    I'm going to have to agree that some of the puzzles play alot more on japanese culture ( not a bad thing except it leave us ignorant americans looking through FAQs to even get a n idea at what the answer means.) this happens towards the end of wild arms 2, or was it 3 I cant remember.
  • PoliverPoliver New Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Brightis Brightis Brightis
    I'm totally stuck in this japanese action RPG
    in the second dungeon, help me anyone. Well there is a locked door in the dungeon and a square to put four crystals for something, still it does'nt opens the door. Please help anyone who played it. Or help me at least who knows japanese to translate this text before the square with crystals.

10be.jpg

21ah.jpg

• My least subject is English.My least subject is English. Member Full Members
    edited February 2006
    I haven't played this game. But, it says.

You, who step not allowed place that the source of lead ray stores, please tell me your duty.(?) (why do you come here?)

It's difficult to translate ! I can't ! But, it says like that.
  • alvyman89alvyman89 Member Full Members
    edited February 2006
    Well this isnt about any game, but how do i see the full quote on the rpgamer home page.
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited February 2006
    The full quote?

""If you're willing to do a small little teensy favor for me, I might reconsider having you for supper.""

That's the full quote =P
    edited February 2006
    You know... the quote that is in the top bar of the web browser.
    edited February 2006
    okay thanks. I didnt realize in my first response that you answered my question but now i see it. thanks.
    but for the future how did u see the full quote? On my top bar it ended with "reconsider" and i was wondering how you saw the whole thing. thanks in advance.

• Options
    edited March 2006
    [spoil]

i'm probably going to be berated for this but since this is a game forum i figured the best place to ask.

i have had the game kartia for a while and over time i have lost the power cord to the PS & the memory card i had the final chapter *final battle with saradiart* saved on.

will someone please look into the depths of their heart and tell me what happened with Toxa's story *toxa&mona..? saradiart? eden? the people that died when eden fell?* at the end? this has been 10+ yrs of wondering & i hate suspense :'( *and if you feel so generous, lacryma's ending too ehehe*

• Options
    edited May 2006
    I had a BIG question I wanted to get some feedback/input on, concerning the Lions War in FFT.

Now, from all the research I've done, after King Omdolia dies, Larg and Goltana vie for the throne. In some versions of the story I've read, Larg fights for Ruvelia, supporting Orinas (and his mother Ruvelia, as regent) as heir to the kingdom. Largs main force is the Hokuten knights. On the other side of the conflict is Goltana, who is supporting Princess Ovelia (who Omdolia adopts as a daughter to ensure that there will be an heir after he dies, since the only two male children Ruvelia has had died) to succeede to the throne. Goltana's knights are the Nanten.

The only problem with this is in the opening battle at Orbonne Monastery. If the Hokuten attacking are disguised as Nanten, what reason would Goltana have to kidnap and execute Ovelia if Goltana is trying to affix her as ruler? Why would Larg want to kill Ovelia?

I've also read some versions of the story that indicate that Larg and Goltana are only fighting over who is to be the regent over Orinas.

Does anyone out there make sense of this? As you can see, I've been able to distill the conflict down to a short paragraph, but the in-game action isn't adding up.

If anyone can shed light on this, I'd be very grateful! Thanks!!!

Eric B.
    caliburst@cox.net
  • Endangered_UserEndangered_User Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, Why can't I make topics?
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    Try reading the newbie guide... Basically only people who have 10+ posts can make topics. No spam please!
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited May 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Try reading the newbie guide[/QUOTE]
    Heh, or the actual rules...

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"No spam please! [/QUOTE]
    Too late. ^^
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Reid HershelReid Hershel Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    Hey! I know this might not be the best spot to do this, but I just thought I would introduce myself. heard good things about this site, so thought I would join.
    edited June 2006
    Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some avatars? Having trouble finding some that convert nicely to 128x100 pixels.
    edited June 2006
    We have a whole pile of avatars in the avatar section of your control panel. You can look through there if you don't want to make your own.
    edited June 2006
    Make my own? That sounds interesting... If it's not too much trouble, could someone explain how I could make my own avatar, OR direct me to a FAQ of some sort?
  • SolaceSolace Member Full Members
    edited June 2006
    You just have to be a dab hand at graphics editing to make it come out alright smile10.png

Basically, you make a picture within specific pixel-size boundaries which you upload to some webspace and link to as a custom avatar.
    edited June 2006
    I see, thanks. I'll definitely look into that.
  • DarkZitan02DarkZitan02 New Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    i have less then 10 posts. so i came here! mad.gif
    edited July 2006
    So how do you get the mesage on the top bar of the browser to appear when you are on the main page. I want to read it all but cant.
  • tweektweek New Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    i have a question about resident evil 4

i'm in the castle right now right after you get out of the garden and i don't know whether i should upgrade my weapons or buy the minethrower. can any one who has played the game tell me if the minethrower will come in hand soon or in the next boss fight

thanx
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    The mine thrower is pretty worthless overall. I've finished the game about 12-13 times, and done a bunch of experiments, and there's really no place in the game where you gain any significant advantage with it.

Upgrade instead.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • tweektweek New Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    thanx 4 the help
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I have a question about Final Fantasy IV Advance. ?I'm looking for two more Bestiary entries, the Gorgon and Worst Malboro.

The Worst Malboro is in the Lunar Ruins in one of the last three floors, but I don't know which one, so if anyone knows, I'd appreciate it if they told me.

As for the Gorgon, I'm told it's in the Underworld, but I haven't found it. ?Final Fantasy Online's Bestiary entry says it's in the area south of Sylvan Cave, but they don't say how far south. ?I've searched around the entire landmass Sylvan Cave is on and never found one after hours of searching. ?I was also told to search the "three-step-peninsula" about 2/3rds of the way down on the far left of the Underworld. ?I've searched there for a few hours and never found a single Gorgon. ?Can anyone tell me where EXACTLY to look?

Thanks in advance.

• MewiMewi Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    They are there trust me. You just may have to walk around for an hour till you find them. Thats all I can really say lol.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Is it true? A new final fantasy game is coming out the same time the PS3 come out? I never have time to check up on this. Heard it from a friend.
    edited September 2006
    There are two FFs in the works for the PS3 - Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII - Versus.

However, they will not be ready yet when the PS3 is released.

• Options
    edited September 2006
    Hi, I made 11 snapshots (good quality) of Startling Odyssey1 - Blue Evolution of PSX and i wanna
    colaborate and upload the images,
    please some admin/mod contact with me
    I have near to all the PSX rpgs and i can take many images cool.gif
  • ZhanshengZhansheng New Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Hey, um, why is it that none of the stats of no. of topics and no. of posts correspond with the actual no. of topic and posts in the forums? And I don't see any topics in this forum at all, aside from this one...
This discussion has been closed.