The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Help In Sword of Mana

ShadowKnight28ShadowKnight28 BannedBanned Users
edited February 2004 in General Help & Advice
Well as I play this there are quite a bit of things allot like SOM. Except the menu ring system. I am having problems equipping accessories to the girl. I can only equip my main character, so how do I equip her?

Also upon entering the first town I had to people during the day ask me to run some tasks. One is to bring this vegetable to someone, the other is to send regards to another person in the next town. THe problem is where do I find these people? I can't find them at all.

The very first spirit you recieve only has the power to cure 6Hp and 3MP. How is it possible to use as attack magic. The computer version of the girl is able to use it, but it seems I can't. How would I use it?

Lastly while Leveling up what are the best class stats to choose for the hero? So far I chose Warrior, Thief, and Monk. Should I even them out??

THanks guys

Comments

• DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    If I recall correctly, press start to swap to her character as the main, then access the menus as if playing her. But I don't recall ever bothering to change her equipment myself, so I may just be hallucinating this.

Dracos
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ShadowKnight28 @ Dec. 27 2003,14:18)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Well as I play this there are quite a bit of things allot like SOM. ?Except the menu ring system. ?I am having problems equipping accessories to the girl. ?I can only equip my main character, so how do I equip her? ?

Also upon entering the first town I had to people during the day ask me to run some tasks. ?One is to bring this vegetable to someone, the other is to send regards to another person in the next town. ?THe problem is where do I find these people? ?I can't find them at all. ?

The very first spirit you recieve only has the power to cure 6Hp and 3MP. ?How is it possible to use as attack magic. ?The computer version of the girl is able to use it, but it seems I can't. ?How would I use it? ?

Lastly while Leveling up what are the best class stats to choose for the hero? ?So far I chose Warrior, Thief, and Monk. Should I even them out??

THanks guys[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, don't worry about the girl because she doesn't join you for long periods of time.

I have problems doing these tasks also. I don't know what to do but to just wait and see what happens later.

To do magic, hold down the R button, but the thing is I think you have to have a certain amount of MP to do a magic attack.

I chose the same classes, but you might want to do a few LVLs in Sage and Magician because you would want more MP for attacks and such.
  • edited December 2003
    If you're playing the boy it's probably a good idea to dismiss attack magic as well as the sage and magician class stats almost completely (maybe add a few later for heals, sitting to get MP back is usually good enough for the bit of healing you do) There are detailed class lists up at GameFAQs that I won't bother copying here, but if you check them out you can plot a course for what skills you will need to get to the class you desire. Or you can just wing it, and not place too much emphasis on it. It's really not THAT big a deal...
  • ShadowKnight28ShadowKnight28 Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2003
    THanks guys I believe I am going for the Bonus stats! Then fill up the magic stat after. I have the whole list right here.

I am choosing Weapon Master
    Warrior Lv. 20
    Magician Lv 5
    Random Lv. 10

So to get the bonus stats I kinda do have to use the Magician for that part.

Umm you guys don't know anything about the side quests? so far no one has answered the questions in finding those people? Don't know???
    edited December 2003
    I really need help guys. I need to switch the Heriones rod since it has no effect on plants and needle birds. Also I want to level up her weapon skills. Can anyone help? I can equip accessories that is about it. SO again how do I equip her weapons?
  • edited December 2003
    You can't. Use your bow against the needle birds, and your sword on the plants. The heroine is just made to be a support character, she'll cast spells if you keep her mp up. If anything, after you get Watt's you can upgrade your teammate's weapons and armor by forging new ones, but you will never be able to give them a different type of weapon than the one they start with.
    edited January 2004
    ok, I defeated 999 rabites, now I am running into a blue rabite, there is now monster list for him, and probably the other blue forms, does anyone know weaknesses for these type of monsters? I am sure they most likely drop good items?!

edited January 2004
    Does anyone know how to add status effects to weapons, such as poison, fireman, dark, confusion, and sleep?? I already have the crystal sword and it has all elemental effects but I don't know how to add a stat effect. Hope to find out thanks smile.gif
  • XenoskeiXenoskei Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Did anyone find the all the people to give the leaflets to? i cant find the last one

edited January 2004
    Yeah I found all the people thanks to the guide on Game Faqs. I think you might of missed the old guy forget his name. Not the village elders but Sanjo or something like that. He only appears early in the morning, or late at night so if it is later in the morning or early at night he won't be there. If it is not the one your missing I have a direct link to the site... http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/sword_of_mana.txt

Too bad the FAQ doesn't tell how to cause status effects sad.gif

hope that works.
    edited January 2004
    I tried everything and I can't find that guy. Maybe he only appears during on a certain day?
    edited January 2004
    well he kinda stands out from the rest. Nah, how it works is you walk outside of town, walk one screen out, that one screen back in at night time, and it should be early morning. IF he is not out then, try moving one screen when the sun starts to dim till it hits night fall the first time. I tried the cactus it didn't work.

I don't mind typing this out for you, here is what I have.

South Part of town first:

1) Wendel woman - general store
    2) Wendel Gentleman - Outside, walking a bit northwest of the general store
    3) Wendel Woman - Outside, walking a bit northwest of the general store (Early morning- Early Evening)
    4) Suspicious guy - Outside, walking a bit northwest of the general store near the bridge. (night only)
    5) Wendel Grandfather - Outside, near the center of town
    6) Traveling Man - Outside, near the center of town (night only)
    7)Guy who won't work - Wendel resistance, second floor

North Part of Town

8) Wendel Girl - Outside, near the blacksmith
    9) Wedel Gentleman - Outside, near fountain (Early Morning, late night)
    10) Wendel Gentleman II - Outside, near fountain
    11) Wendel Maiden _ Outside, near fountain
    12) Sodje (The one I think you need) - Outside, near the fountain on the left side. Look for an old guy. (Early Night only, no early morning sorry)
    13) Blacksmith's son - Blacksmith's house
    14) Traveling Youth - Inn
    15) Unkempt Vagabond - Inn, upper-right room (Late night only)

There is a check list for ya. Kinda a pain, but worth getting out of the way.
    edited January 2004
    Thanks.
  • IsraelIsrael Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I truly need help, please... I cannot get to the cave that allows me to get to the Altar of Time... I really need to know how can I get through the sand cascade... and by the way, what is the Grudgies' place so importrant about?
  • edited February 2004
    Israel, you need to walk a figure-8 pattern around the two palm trees. If you go back to Jadd and talk to the man in the farthest southeast corner of the city, he'll give you the clue.
  • IsraelIsrael Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    A figure-8 pattern around the palm trees and go back to Jadd. Got it. But what are the Grudgies guarding?
  • edited February 2004
    You don't have to go back to Jadd. I was just illustrating that there was indeed a solution to that puzzle given to you in-game had you gone through the trouble of petitioning the townsfolk. laugh.gif

Oh, and I don't have a clue what a Grudgie is. I'm sorry. Maybe you could jar my memory?
  • XenoskeiXenoskei Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Them Grudiges are guarding that Ruined Path place which leads to the Dime Tower, all they are are stupid plants and thats the last you hear of them you dont even talk to one.
    edited February 2004
    Anyone attempt to forge the Ultra Sword? Wonder what power that has heh?
    edited February 2004
    Anyone having trouble collecting the crystal ore? ?Well I just found out a weird tip for running into the earth cyclops everytime. ?I tested it to see if it really works, and it does. ?

This is for the Earth Cyclops, Gaia cave. ?
    First you save when it first becomes light out on Gnome day. Turn the power off and back on again to reload the game. ?Then walk into the cave. ?As soon as you enter the cave, hit the start button quickly before any eye spies appear. ?This next part works like a combination locke with the ring menu that is the weird part. ?Click on the items menu, then move left twice to the monster meat menu. ?This part varries. ?Move two spaces over to the right and choose that meat, or it has to be where you complete a full 360 to the right. ?The left combination is always the same. This only works in daylight. It won't work at dusk or dawn. So you have to go through the days of the week to keep doing this. Beats fighting monsters all day though smile.gif?Then all you have to do is trade the vinek aerolite for crystal and the alternative item in menos. ? ?It is probably a glitch, but I caught it off of gamefaqs message boards: Sword of mana forum. ?Hope this helps cut to the chase of collecting crystal.