The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Hordes of the Underdark annoyance

PhospheneHereticPhospheneHeretic MemberFull Members
edited January 2004 in General Help & Advice
All right, here's the setting. I've done a number of the quests, and currently I am preparing to utterly ravage the Mind Flayer city. There is a problem, however. Whenever I try to free the slaves in the pen, they are all automatically hostile. From what I can tell, this is a scripting flaw in the game. Now, I got an explanation from gamefaqs (though we all know how those turn out) that involved some simple toolset use, and it didn't work. On the official forums, I found some lines of code to add to a specific script that would supposedly fix this, and I got absolutely nothing. As far as I can tell, this means that the expansion chapters are write-protected despite the fact that it says it's saving my alterations to the same name, these fellows were steaming idiots, or my cluelessness in the world of scripting has created a barrier. I'm wondering if anyone else here has experience this problem, and in turn has a solution to the problem. I'd really like the experience bonus for freeing all the slaves, and the fact that the game seems to be bugged so majorly is really pissing me off.