If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Skin Issue

MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar CapturedFull Members
edited October 2006 in Site & Forum Support
There is a problem I have been meaning to complain about. ?It has to do with the new skin. ?While I have no problem with it overall on an asthetic sense I do have one problem. ?The post composition window is very small and the font within is also small. ?My second complaint has to do with the post buttons in the quick post field and the reply field. ?The buttons and the text on them is far too small. ?It would be great if someone can resize the buttons so that they are more readable. ?As it is, I feel eyestrain just looking at them.

The buttons elsewhere are fine (except for one of the contact buttons that is still blue).

LordBilbanes.png
Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Comments

• angel0886angel0886 Member Full Members
    edited October 2006
    Sounds like EXACTLY WHAT I SAID THE OTHER DAY.... can you fix it now, nubs?
    pfootbanner.png
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited October 2006
    Actually, you complained about the serif fonts, which I replaced. I am not a graphic designer. You want someone to do skin design, then hire one. You are free to analyze the .css files yourself and make some specific suggestions for what the fonts sizes should be.

As for the post window, I'll take a look at that now.
    179811.png
    edited October 2006
    uh, yeah... the post window fonts are serif within the buttons...which is exactly what I was talking about. Unless they're sans serif and I can't tell cause they are so small they are pixelated ^^

also, I'm not a graphic designer either...

pfootbanner.png
  • Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited October 2006
    They're Verdana, which I thought was sans-serif.

.forminput {

background-color: #CCCCCC;

font-size: 8px;

font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;

vertical-align: middle;
    179811.png
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited October 2006
    8px?! Can we try like 12pt or 15px? -.-
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • ShuemaisShuemais Member Full Members
    edited October 2006
    10pt or 12pt is usually the standard as far as I've seen. Going as high as 15pt might be a bit excessive, but that sometimes depends on the font.

I'd recommend either 10 or 12 with a Verdana font type.
    edited October 2006
    8pt is GREAT in PRINT but on web? 10 or 12 is standard for readability.
    pfootbanner.png
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited October 2006
    <div>
    (Shuemais @ Oct. 12 2006,20:47)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">10pt or 12pt is usually the standard as far as I've seen. Going as high as 15pt might be a bit excessive, but that sometimes depends on the font.

I'd recommend either 10 or 12 with a Verdana font type.</div>
    15 px is close to a 12 pt, but it doesn't auto-adjust with the resolution. Depends what you want to do for a style. ^^
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
    edited October 2006
    Well I upped a lot of the px's in the css an increment, to match the sizes in the default ikonboard skin. That should feel a little better, I hope.
    179811.png
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited October 2006
    It looks much better now. Thank you.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited October 2006
    Agreed, thanks for the good work!