If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Baldur's Gate

MageoftheSandsMageoftheSands MemberFull Members
edited May 2004 in Role Playing Games
Takeing a trip around the Black Isle. ?After Fallout, I'm now stuck on Baldur's Gate. ?Heavily modded, of course. ?I'm currently working on the Fighter's Stronghold, but a bug or something is preventing me from getting it. ?Maybe because I imported my character? ?I don't know.

Have fond memories of Baldur's Gate 1&2? ?Post them here.

And my your hamster grow strong.

Comments

• ff7799ff7799 New Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I remember the first time, I got killed by a org, those were the days.
  • TheFoxTheFox Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    One of the best RPGs I've ever played. Probably the game I've played most.

I'm thinking of installing both with all mods and expansion pack and playing it all the way through one day. That'd take years!
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    I just started playing BG 1 yesterday, and its just as fun as I remember it being, just as massive too. I'll have to pick up BG II sometime soon as that was an awesome game as well. After all, how many games include a space hamster biggrin.gif .
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • MageoftheSandsMageoftheSands Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Boo is a Giant Miniture Space Hamster, and how dare you say otherwise! Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!

I wouldn't install all the mods. Forgotton Wars and Wiemer mods sure, but not those file destroying TeamBG ones.
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    Baldurs gate
    I was a little late to this series as it was a while till I got a decent Pc but it was a most satifying game although i like the system for Baldurs Gate 2 better I prefer most of the characters in the 1st as well as there is more of them "Ohh I think im bleeding"

As for the mods I havent played any of them could you recommend some and places where to find them?
    edited April 2004
    Oh yes. First, you MUST get the Baldurdash fix pack. It will also fix some annoying things if you are a vet. Baldurdash

Next, head on over to www.weidu.org, the Father of BG modding. He invented Weidu, a packaging method that not only reduces the size of modes, but increases the compatiability of them. Grab Ascension, Solaufein, Valen, Item Upgrade, and maybe Ease of use. Get Tactics. Install only what you want; Wiemer is an evil sadistic freak who loves "tactical" challenges. In other words, he cranks the AI up to scary levels. Mages that Buff, BEFORE you attack them! Yikes! More later.
  • SevenStarSevenStar Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MageoftheSands @ April 07 2004,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Oh yes. ?First, you MUST get the Baldurdash fix pack. ?It will also fix some annoying things if you are a vet. ?Baldurdash

Next, head on over to www.weidu.org, the Father of BG modding. ?He invented Weidu, a packaging method that not only reduces the size of modes, but increases the compatiability of them. ?Grab Ascension, Solaufein, Valen, Item Upgrade, and maybe Ease of use. ?Get Tactics. ?Install only what you want; Wiemer is an evil sadistic freak who loves "tactical" challenges. ?In other words, he cranks the AI up to scary levels. ?Mages that Buff, BEFORE you attack them! ?Yikes! ?More later.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Thanks Mage and Rico for that ill try these out ?smile.gif

• ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited April 2004
    If you feel up to it, you can use the mod BG1Tutu to play Baldur's Gate I using Baldur's Gate II's engine. Though a lot of the new features work to your advantage making the game easier. But it takes away your complaint about the first not haven't the improvements.
    edited April 2004
    Now get Kelsey, Banter Packs, Unfinished Business, NPC Flirt Packs, and if you are bored with Chateau Irenicus, get Dungeon Be Gone. It let's you skip that annoying dungeon.

Find them at Pocket Plane
  • Locke_ColeLocke_Cole New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    i really like this game
  • GrislingGrisling New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Appreciated.

the Infinity Engine RPG's (BG & Icewind Dale) are easily the best RPG's I've played on computer. Baldur's gate 2 in particular struck the perfect balance between freedom and plot. There was so much to do, and the side quests never got boring. I skipped more than a few classes my freshman year because of that game!
  • Absolutely AtheistAbsolutely Atheist New Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Fond memories *looks in the dusty tomb of events long past* ah here we are.

Playing Baldur's Gate 2 I chose one night to create a character to act as death incarnate. I rolled for roughtly four minutes and got 3 abilities at 18 and, the lowest ability (charisma) 9, and set out on my quest. Escaping the dungeon, I backstabbed my own former allies and left them to rot, stole everything I could carry, and then sold it at the first shop I came across, it was only a matter of time before I had the equipment I needed. All was well until the coweled wizards came, I killed everyone and everything, and thinned at least half their number.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    Didn't enjoy the first game that much... too crappy AI even for its own time, and there was just too little interaction within the party for my taste.

The second game though... wow, what an epic tale. I've only finished it once, but I mastered it entirely... took me about 200 hours. As in all other Bioware/Black Isle games, I got very attached to the characters, the setting and the world of the game itself. 200 hours (where none of it is spent leveling up for hours in some random dungeon) is quite a long time, so I felt a bit sad leaving my party once it was all said and done. Great balance between plot, battle and sidequests.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited May 2004
    You should try it with mods. Great mods.

Try the BG1 Tutu. It does BG1 with the BG2 engine. That is great.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited May 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MageoftheSands @ May 19 2004,03:51)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You should try it with mods. ?Great mods.

Try the BG1 Tutu. ?It does BG1 with the BG2 engine. ?That is great.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I couldn't find it at Baldurdash... you don't happen to have a special link for me?

EDIT: nm, it was already posted earlier in this thread. Sorry.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.