If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Fire Emblem,Harvest Moon or Sword of mana?

hyrule herohyrule hero MemberFull Members
edited January 2004 in Role Playing Games
Help I really need help with what to choose.
I prefer traditional rpgs but everyone goes on about fire emblem!

Comments

• ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    It depends on what you feel like playing. If I had to pick I'd say Harvest Moon, because I don't feel like playing a Tactical RPG.
  • Options
    edited January 2004
    On a greatness scale: Fire Emblem > SoM > FoMT

On a time waster scale: FoMT >>>>> SoM ?? Fire Emblem

If you've played and like Advance Wars 1 or 2, and don't mind a challenge, Fire Emblem is one of the greatest games available for the GBA.

SoM is a pretty tried and true action RPG, though it has some flaws (Bad teammate AI, semi-clunky interface) it's still a classic Seiken Densetsu game, and a very worthy GBA RPG.

Harvest Moon is a very repetitive yet highly addictive game, as the previous installments have been. There's not a huge variation in gameplay and some of the side events are rather boring, but if you need something to do to kill time, running a farm can be for you. It can get REALLY tedious, feeling more like you are doing daily chores than playing a game.
  • AshgadAshgad Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    Fire Emblem, definitely.
  • hyrule herohyrule hero Member Full Members
    edited January 2004
    thanks liquid