If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

I changed my mind... maybe not

Volcom_stoneVolcom_stone MemberFull Members
edited October 2003 in Role Playing Games
I had a gamegear was i was a kid, the impression it gave me was that the games on handheld could not be as great on a console. The thing the drove me to buy one was that i could play anywhere and it was in color...( you know, youve got to give it to sega for bieng innovative). Anyway, years later, when i first heard that a sequel to castlevania symphonie of the night was on a handheld I freaked out! then it was ff7, fft and other castlevanias. My point is that they were throwing away good games for nothing, Why do they build these things? for money actually( how about a gameboy with your gamecube to expand your gaming experience?) But I finally played with a gbadvance and its not that bad, it could actually be cool to own one but... it is still a capitalist way to make money on us gamers... Why? because they could do it on a great console and expand the game, polish it, make everything better. Theres a market and they know it. The last toime i wanted to have a gameboy was to play pok?mon blue and red ( when pok?mons were actually pok?mons) and found it hard to play so I gave it back to my friend. But was drives people to play these games? maybe the simplicityor the nostalgic feeling of playing with the old gameboy? please try to help me making up my mind ( did you notice how much i write actually in here , well its not that bad...actually)

Comments

• lord-of-shadowlord-of-shadow Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Actually, of the four current major systems on the market, I prefer the GBA over everything else...

Why? Well, it's not for any nostalgic reasons, although those are always nice... no, I simply believe that it has a better gaming library.

That's going to change soon, with Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, Star Ocean 3, and a few others... but for now, its my favorite system ;)

• edited October 2003
    I'm with LoS. My GBA is the best video game system I've ever owned. I'm a 2d gamer at heart. Though I have nothing against 3d games, I've always loved the 2d days of SNES and Genesis more than anything else. And the GBA gives me that, only portable. It's a dream come true. The new SP is an amazing product too. The light and rechargable battery make it a wonderful handheld. The game library available is just getting more and more impressive as well. You can play great games like Castlevania AoS, Metroid Fusion, Wario Ware, Advance Wars, FFTA, the Super Mario Advance series, and so much more. Just because the games are 2d doesn't make them bad, or even outdated. As far as I'm concerned, good gameplay is good gameplay. The games that I found fun years ago on the NES and SNES are still just as fun today on my GBA.
  • Volcom_stoneVolcom_stone Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    well that does it! im now.... evolving? .... because its true that the old 2d games that I used to play and still play are good games wich answers my 3d complex cuz I remember freaking out when they said that the the ps2 castlevania or metriod prime were going to be 3d( prime was still a pretty good rocking game and im sure that lament its lament isn't? will be a great castlevania) the gameboy advanced might have grown into a good " console " after all...... with a lot of good games coming out.
    It might be more easy to produce too? and now game makers knows what to put in a great game( well not all the time, but screw it Ill try to be more possitive). I might just be an old prejudging bum. thx for your help
  • josephg_333josephg_333 New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Also, some games play a whole lot better in 2D than in 3D, like castlevania. (Although the judge is still out on that one) Finally, one thing you can do with your gba that you can't with any other video game system? Play it while your on the can. 'Nuff said.