If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Mario Kart: Double Dash! bonus disc

AshgadAshgad MemberFull Members
edited October 2003 in Role Playing Games
According to IGN, the Gamecube bonus disc that purchasers of MK:DD will receive when they pick up their shiny new kart game will also unlock exclusive content on Fire Emblem via the GCN/GBA link cable. ?This is all fine and dandy with me, since I'm gonna buy both of those games anyways. ?What does everyone else think?

Link to full story: http://pocket.ign.com/articles/453/453644p1.html

Comments

• lord-of-shadowlord-of-shadow Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I'm actually a bit annoyed. Now I feel pressured to go out and pre-order this game instead of just slowly saving up for it ;)
  • ShionShion Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Works for me, since I'm getting both...

And anyway, it seems that Mario Kart: DD bonus disc will unlock the same things in English FE that linking up the Japanese carts of FE6 and FE7 (the one we're getting) did - extra weapons, abilities (according to GameStop, but I don't recall any), additional music and I'm hoping for more CG scenes, which you could get with linking the imports.

And I own both imports, but can't link because I only have one GBA. =P So I'm glad they were able to do this for the English version.
  • espenbjespenbj New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Nice
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Didn't pay attention to which forum you were posting in?