If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Shining Force GBA remake

edited October 2003 in Role Playing Games
THQ entered a publishing deal with Sega to release 5 GBA games. ?In Europe. ?Among them, a remake of the original Shining Force. ?Not sure if that means it will be making it's way to the States but I would think it's a safe bet that it will make its way over here eventually if not right away. ?SF and SF 2 were among my favorite Genesis games and I would love to see them redone for the GBA.

Oh yeah, you can read all about it here.

Comments

• Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Yay! That's good news! Maybe they will remade Shining Force 2 and Shining in the Darkness biggrin.gif
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2003
    Hey, liquid, is your little icon of Mid Boss? laugh.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2003
    vyers.jpg
    No! It's The Dark Adonis!

I'm obsessing, leave me alone! laugh.gif
  • LobstrosityLobstrosity Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Huh, that's cool. My friend Mike keeps pestering me to play Shining Force 2 on the Genesis he lent me, but with FFTA, Star Wars Galaxies, and Disgaea (which is only a rental, so all the other games go on the back-burner till I have to give it back) I only have about ninety minutes of play time on SF2. I'd rather play it on GBA; that way I don't have to sit alone in my bedroom to play it, since that's the only place we have room for the Genesis. So hopefully if I play the first SF, he'll leave me alone.
  • AaediyenAaediyen Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Its sort of sad that CAMELOT cant make any more Shining Force games since Sega owns the licence.
  • RyuujinRyuujin Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I hope this Shining Force remake is a combined remake of Shining Force (Genesis) and Shining Force: Final Conflict (direct sequel on the Game Gear).
  • Jack Van BuraceJack Van Burace Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    I hope they release all of them for GBA let's see that's like .what eight games or so
  • JudgementJudgement Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    The Shining Force series has always been one of my favorites so this is good news as far as I'm concerned. The only ones i never got to play was the one released on the mega cd (I think it was a two in one game) and scenarios 2-3 of Shining Force III (dang the saturn's sudden demise)
    You have awakened the sleeper May God forgive those who go against his Judgement
    and may God show You mercy and compassion For I shall show you none........
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Judgement @ Sep. 26 2003,10:02)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"(dang the saturn's sudden demise)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I hear that.
  • HyperMechaHyperMecha Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Wow that is pretty cool, more to come. Shining Soul is pretty good on the GBA, I've played the Shining Force games back in my Genesis days (still have 'em, of course) and I was never really a HUGE fan but I do love the series. I was more of a Phantasy Star fan wink.gif But I'm certainly having fun playing SS on my GBA smile.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Shining Soul is pretty good on the GBA[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No it's not. Stop telling people that...
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2003
    seeing as i have a perfectly working genesis and shining force 1&2 which work well and that i am currently revisiting i dont really need a rerelease but its nice to see the shining series get some run...
    edited October 2003
    Yes I have done it. I have every Shining Force that came to america. Now I just need a Game Gear and a Saturn. E-bay time.
  • seancdaugseancdaug Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    It's good to see the SF games get the Phantasy Star rerelease treatment, particularly as I prefer the former series over the latter, but I'd be more happy if Sega would actually put out some new games in either series for the GBA rather than just using the system as a dumping ground for ports of its old games (Sonic notwithstanding). Oh well....