If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

any news on the game player?

AnjelikaAnjelika MemberFull Members
edited July 2003 in Role Playing Games
if i recall correctly the game player was due this year
i really need it, i want to play tactics ogre but my eyes refuse
to watch the tiny screen
so i understand with the game player cable or accesory i will be able to play my gba games on my tv screen? is that correct?

Comments

• RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    It's been out for some time now, hooks into the bottom of your GameCube and has a slot to plug in any sort of Game Boy game. There's even a Nintendo-sponsored promotion where you get one free with the purchase of a GameCube at some stores. You can use the GCN's controller or hook up a GBA with a cable. You might consider going to Nintendo.com, your source for Nintendo needs?.
  • AnjelikaAnjelika Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    oh smile.gif this is great news Rico, thanx a lot for the info smile.gif
    i?m planning a trip to usa within this summer and i?m so definitively getting my gamecube and my game player
    hope to find them on sale or some sort of promotion like the one you mentioned
    i was waiting for ff chronicle crystals to be released to buy the gamecube but if the game player is out, i see no need to wait any longer; weeeeeeeee! smile.gif
  • Shooter_McGunSmackShooter_McGunSmack Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I got mine and i love the bad boy!! I wanna get more games for it but i need the money for other games! heh laugh.gif
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited July 2003
    ill second that.i never bought a gameboy advance system and just waited for the player to come out and then bought all the games because i too cannot stand to play on such a tiny screen, but you cant just ignore the great games out for the gameboy.i liken it to another snes or low-level ps1 when it comes to the games.some of the best out there on any system right now i think...
    edited July 2003
    but you cant just ignore the great games out for the gameboy

i?m 100% behind you on this one mogforever smile.gif
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Anjelika @ July 17 2003,19:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"but you cant just ignore the great games out for the gameboy

i?m 100% behind you on this one mogforever smile.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE""Me too" posts are discouraged -- they simply clog the boards, so don't make them. The same goes for posts that are entirely lacking in substance; if you have nothing new to add to the discussion, don't post.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Read the rules more closely next time. This goes for everyone else, since I've been seeing way too much of it lately.
  • SocratesSocrates New Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    holy s**t where is that promo i was thinking of getting a GC if i can do this i might get this and metroid fusion instead of GC+zelda or metriod prime
    edited July 2003
    sorry kamikaze, it won?t happen again!

Socrates: i just checked it out last night in amazon.com
    i cannot recall what was the price on the GC last december
    was it 150.00 usd?
    well that?s what it will cost you now with the game player and a demo cd, a special offer they say (plux taxes)
    i couldn?t wait any longer and ordered it last night, and today i?m considering to add metroid prime too, i?ve heard so much about this game
  • WingcommanderIVWingcommanderIV Banned Banned Users
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kamikaze @ July 18 2003,00:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE""Me too" posts are discouraged -- they simply clog the boards, so don't make them. The same goes for posts that are entirely lacking in substance; if you have nothing new to add to the discussion, don't post.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Read the rules more closely next time. This goes for everyone else, since I've been seeing way too much of it lately.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Oh really! That has to be the stupidest rule I have ever heard. I hope you have a perfectly good reason for it (besides it clutters up the boards, sicne we are all willing to risk a little clutter). I have been to many boards in my life, many, and none has had such a rule as this. EXPLAIN YOURSELF.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WingcommanderIV @ July 19 2003,21<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"That has to be the stupidest rule I have ever heard. I hope you have a perfectly good reason for it (besides it clutters up the boards, sicne we are all willing to risk a little clutter). I have been to many boards in my life, many, and none has had such a rule as this. EXPLAIN YOURSELF.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Perhaps we are not willing to risk a little clutter. And if it was ok, there would be a whole lot more clutter than it already is. Just accept the rules already... it's not that much of a problem, is it?

I for one like this rule. I like being able to read the threads instead of looking for serious answers among useless posts that I don't care about.

Oh, and about the player... I'm not getting it. While it's quite cheap, the GBA games are way too expensive... and I'm already buying games for 6 consoles.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • agentflitagentflit Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WingcommanderIV @ July 19 2003,11:08)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Oh really! That has to be the stupidest rule I have ever heard. I hope you have a perfectly good reason for it (besides it clutters up the boards, sicne we are all willing to risk a little clutter). I have been to many boards in my life, many, and none has had such a rule as this. EXPLAIN YOURSELF.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Firstly: Kamizake is on RPGamer staff, and you are not.

Secondly: You agreed to follow the rules when you signed up. If you don't like the rules, then you shouldn't post.

Lastly: No, the staff isn't willing to have a cluttered board.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WingcommanderIV @ July 19 2003,12:08)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Oh really! That has to be the stupidest rule I have ever heard.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It may not be a rule, per s?, but it really doesn't get much stupider than to register for a message board and then call the administrators morons when you've barely earned your little topic-creating privleges. But I wouldn't be a very nice guy if I didn't give you a chance to fully explain yourself. Why, exactly, is it not a perfectly good idea to discourage posts which do not further discussion on a discussion forum?
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Oh really! That has to be the stupidest rule I have ever heard. I hope you have a perfectly good reason for it (besides it clutters up the boards, sicne we are all willing to risk a little clutter). I have been to many boards in my life, many, and none has had such a rule as this. EXPLAIN YOURSELF.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

To hammer the point home a little needlessly, because we say so. Now, explain to me why you agreed to rules you didn't bother reading when you signed up for an account.
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited July 2003
    ok,ok...everyone quit hammering the guy?i think he gets the point already... mad.gif
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mogforever @ July 22 2003,18:15)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"ok,ok...everyone quit hammering the guy?i think he gets the point already... mad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    When people make idiotic statements like Wingcommander did, I don't think you can hammer them enough.

And, since the primary question of the topic has been answered, and no further discussion is neccessary, I'm locking this.
This discussion has been closed.