The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Shining soul is comming to america.

Liquid IceLiquid Ice MemberFull Members
edited September 2003 in Role Playing Games
yep....you heard correct, shining soul is commin to america this fall/winter. check out atlus.com for details.

Comments

• mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited July 2003
    i imported the european version months ago and i like it.im a huge fan of the shinning series and this game adds to that.i think its good that its comming to america its a great game.
  • Liquid IceLiquid Ice Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    where can I import the europen version? (hopefully in english)
  • edited July 2003
    Check some import sites for starters. ?Don't be such a lazy bum.

There have been a few thread topics about this game already and in each of them I have stated my distaste for it. ?I don't think this game is very good or entertaining in the least. ?It's handheld Diablo. ?The graphics are very nice, though if you've played the Lord of the Rings Two Towers GBA game you've played all that this gave has to offer and more. ?All you do is walk around from level to level and press the A button repeatedly. ?Over and over again. ?A, A, A, A, A, A, A, AAAAA, AAAAA, AAAAAA. ?It never ends til you turn the power off. ?I'm not lying. ?That's the depth of the gameplay here. ?There's no plot in the game. ?The plot consists of 2 minutes of dialogue in the beginning. ?That's it. ?Then mindless dugeon crawling for 15 hours; Kill massive amounts of enemies, a nameless final boss, repeat x8. ?You can link up with a friend but other than for novelty value only this is worthless. ?It's not fun enough to enthrall for any amount of time, and the hard part is gonna be trying to find a friend dumb enough to have bought a copy who can even play with you to begin with.

Here's some reviews that are more in depth than I feel like being. ?Though even the best scores there don't speak incredibly highly of the game. ?The gameplay is oh so very repetitive and boring. ?There's so little to this game at all. ?I'd almost go as far as saying I'd rather play Lunar Legends than this... ?Almost...
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited July 2003
    i got it off an european seller on ebay.try there.and yes its in english...again i think its a good game.it has the diablo style of play kind-of except its the shining series,i like the graphics,and its japanese in origin which makes it better.of course its not very deep,but thats not really a bad thing.although i prefer a challenge with depth,i dont mind a more shallow rpg as long as i like it.a basic rpg is always welcome.i also enjoy old-school,snes or genesis style rpgs better than the new ones with all their 3-d glory and this game has that feel to it.thats why i think the gameboy advance rpgs are the best right now also...
  • edited September 2003
    Heh, that game's a huge dissapointment to me really. The game comes out in US the 9th I think, I wouldn't reccomend getting it though.

Here's my review on the game if anyone's interrested.
  • edited September 2003
    What in the hell are they doing with the series? This release won't make the classics any less enjoyable, but it will leave me wishing for what could have been.

This game is as equally disappointing as the new Fallout game, which also leaves fans dumbfounded as they release a real-time action game with the series name slapped on it. It's a shame they would do it to either series.Don't they realize that more people would buy/enjoy the game if they stuck to their roots? We deserve more as fans!
  • Shattered StarShattered Star New Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Allright! TWO more days until it arrives, so cool, now all I need to do is buy a game boy advance SP because I want one. GBA screen is covered in crappy scratches. Repeat it! TWO more days! laugh.gif
  • edited September 2003
    Ha ha, you're actually going to buy this? Save your parent's cash for a copy of Sword of Mana instead. laugh.gif
  • HyperMechaHyperMecha Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    It's a good game, I'm having fun playing it. It's a hack n slash (action adventure, not menu battles), and it's not perfect, but hell it's fun. Some people are panning it and some people are giving it pretty good reviews. EGM gave it basically a 7 out of 10. It's not "bad" or frustrating by any means; the only thing I want to complain about is that when you die you get stripped of your gold mad.gif dang I hate that in games.

It came out Sept. 23 and I had a hard time finding a copy. Everywhere I went (3 EB's and a Software Etc) got a mere TWO COPIES in per store. 2 days after the release date and 4 stores later I found a copy. Damns! Atlus always has such a low release rate of their games. Glad I picked it up, though. alien.gif

And yes, Sword of Mana is gonna kick ass, but I'm all grown up and I don't spend my parents' money anymore, I spend my own. wink.gif

• edited September 2003
    How is running circles around a group of monsters while charging up attack after attack with little or no challenge at all fun? All the while to the same monotonous music and repetitive and huge dungeons with no ability to pause, and virtually no real save feature. It just doesn't equate to me.
  • Max_DeltreeMax_Deltree Is trying to get back in these forums Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Liquid, my friend. I have something I just HAVE to tell you.

I... like Shining Soul.

There. I said it. tounge.gif
    PSN ID: MaxDeltree
  • edited September 2003
    Max, how could you?!
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LiQuid|Juravial @ Sep. 28 2003,13:26)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Max, how could you?![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I find it... cute. tounge.gif
  • edited September 2003
    Liar! I can tell you're just trying to get a rise out of me. laugh.gif
    edited September 2003
    yeah, I'm kidding! But I do find it cute. tounge.gif
  • edited September 2003
    Er... Well I guess the Dragonnewt is kind of cute.. But the game makes me want to rip the hair out of my head. It's kind of hard to concentrate on cute lizards when you're making yourself go bald... tounge.gif
    edited September 2003
    Heheh! Shining Soul could have become a good game, but the gameplay is really flawed. If it were a bit faster, it could be a enjoyable game. Specially as a multiplayer game, which is what the game was mean't to do. Shining Soul is a multiplayer game and that's it. Take the multiplayer away and you're taking all the fun it have to offer. Not that it's much better then Liquid says. It's still a flawed game. Maybe Shining Soul 2 is better? eh.gif