If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

13»

Comments

• knightofhyruleknightofhyrule Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Can anyone tell me how to get some really good weapons? Right now I've got that sword equipped that you get in the room opposite Balore. I can't seem to find a better weapon.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    In a fairly obvious secret room behind the waterfall, you can find the Claimh Solais, which is probably the overall best weapon in the game. Notable runner-ups include the Boss Rush prizes Excalibur (hee hee) and the Positron Rifle, and the Hard Mode only Death's Sickle (highest attack power) and... er... some gauntlet.
    edited July 2003
    Thanks Rico! I'll get on that in the morning.

But hey, is it me, or does the Pistol suck?
  • Options
    edited July 2003
    I was always fond of the Gungnir. I liked getting multiple hits with each swing, granted they were lower atk than the Claimh... Excalibur is way way too slow for my tastes.

Yes the pistol sucks. It's mostly for novelty purposes if you ask me. Though the positron rifle is pretty cool.
    edited July 2003
    Okay, I found the waterfall room thing, but, uh, how do I get in? I'm guessing it has to do with a certain soul/combination of souls, but which ones? And how fast do I have to finish boss rush to get the other weapons?
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (knightofhyrule @ July 13 2003,18:30)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Okay, I found the waterfall room thing, but, uh, how do I get in? ?I'm guessing it has to do with a certain soul/combination of souls, but which ones? ?And how fast do I have to finish boss rush to get the other weapons?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You need 2 different souls equipped to get past the waterfall.

1) Curly. This will turn you into the monster curly... and you will be able to charge quickly forwards....yeah.
    2) Undine, so that you will stay on the water surface

Now, stand as far left as you can (about where you enter this place), turn into Curly and charge away... you will pass the waterfall.

Edit- I believe Curly is in the Dance Hall area... not sure though.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited July 2003
    I did notice the carvings of Undine and Curly, and I thought I tried it and it didn't work....

Oh well, guess I'll try again.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (knightofhyrule @ July 13 2003,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I did notice the carvings of Undine and Curly, and I thought I tried it and it didn't work....

Oh well, guess I'll try again.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    You have to charge, and gain a lot of speed before being able to actually break through the waterfall. I don't remember if you need a third soul for the speed... it was a while ago since I did this... You need to start charging right about where the Curly-carving is on the other side.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
    edited July 2003
    Alright, I got through and explored the Forbidden Area, and now I'm working on Boss Rush. But how fast exactly do I need to do it? I finished it in 06wow.gif2:70 and still only got a potion.
    edited July 2003
    Under 6, under 5, and under 4. The Valmanway really isn't worth it unless you're a perfectionist, so skip the under 4. It's remarkably easy if you've picked up the Chaos Ring.
    edited July 2003
    Where can I find this Chaos Ring? I have everything but the Valmanway, but you know, I guess I'm a perfectionist.

Also, I have 98.8% of the map, where is the rest, darnit?! I have the peeping eye soul, but I can't seem to find anything else.
    edited July 2003
    Chaos Ring is in the Chaos Realm if you have all of the souls. It gives you infinite MP.
    edited July 2003
    *cough* All of the souls? I'm not that much of a perfectionist! Screw the Valmanway.
  • Options
    edited July 2003
    Valmanway is simple. Just beat boss rush in under 3 minutes. Getting all souls really isn't as hard as you think either. As long as you have a good weapon and know where to find all the monsters it's just a matter of killing them over and over again. I didn't even have to go out of my way much to find anything but the few last ones. I went through 2 new game +'s and had about 95% of the souls. The last few I had to get were in the chaos realm. It wasn't horrible at all.
    edited July 2003
    Thing is, I'm just too lazy. I am gonna play on Hard Mode, 'cuz using Death's Sickle would just be too cool.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited July 2003
    Okay I have one big problem. I have a map completion of 99.8%, but I think I only have one room left. I also know exactly where it is. I just don't know how to get to it. It's at the top of the map, and is around some of the rooms found in the floating garden. The only reason I know where it is is because I got one of the maps, and that's on it. If you could tell me how to get to it, that would be great.

Also, I'm missing one enemy on my list. It's #80, and I have no idea how I missed it, unless it's hard to find like Tsuchinoko. I only found that one by luck alone. And I thought using the Excalibur would be great, but I just found that it sucks. I finished Boss Rush for the first time, and my time was 5:00:50. Would I have gotten something else I beat in one less half-second?

And I can sort of help with the secret rooms. There's two in the Dance Hall. I just started a new game, so I don't have the exact locations. Anyway, one of them is in the room in which you must slide under the low wall to get to the Inner Quarters. It's on the roof, so you have to use the Giant Bat soul or do a high jump. And if I'm not mistaken, there is also a breakable wall in the first room of the Inner Quarters right next to the room mentioned above. The second one in the Dance Hall is in a small room with a Minotaur. It's not too hard to find.

There is also a breakable wall at the bottom of a staircase, located directly after the room in which you battle the Creaking Skull as a boss.There's one in the Top Floor, but I couldn't remember it for my life, so good luck. Also as Rico said, there's a breakable wall where you find the Claimh Solais. I'm sure there are more, but I can't exactly remember.

edited July 2003
    Well I finished everything there is to do on this game and my final score is:

10/10 Wonderful. Not only the best Castlevania game since Symphony, but one of the best games in five years, period. But maybe I'm just a little too obsessed with Castlevania...
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    I was wondering exactly how the head hunter soul works? I have it equipped but it confuses me confused.gif
  • PhatosePhatose Member Full Members
    edited July 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Daemon Sadi @ July 20 2003,21:43)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I was wondering exactly how the head hunter soul works? ?I have it equipped but it confuses me confused.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Head hunter gives you larger stat bonuses for having collected more souls. Souls collected multiple times count towards it too. I think it's +1 to every stat for every 16 souls or so. It can end up being a pretty darned powerful boost, if you've got lots of souls.
    edited July 2003
    Ooooohhh...Ok, thanks alot!! I wasn't sure how many souls were required to make it stronger...but anyway thanks!
  • OrsonFuryOrsonFury Member Full Members
    edited August 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (knightofhyrule @ July 20 2003,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Well I finished everything there is to do on this game and my final score is:

10/10 ?Wonderful. ?Not only the best Castlevania game since Symphony, but one of the best games in five years, period. ?But maybe I'm just a little too obsessed with Castlevania...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Just wait for Castlevania: Lament of Innocence come November. I saw the trailer from E3 it looked awesome. That's going to be another tight game, but that's for psx2. I'll occupy myself with AOS till then, hehe.

I ordered Circle of the Moon from buy.com and Harmony of Dissonance from eb.com at the start of this summer roughly late June and I still haven't got it. I should probably e-mail or call them up to find out what the wait is. I know its an older rare GBA game to get a hold of.
    "The man who sees an opportunity and does nothing is asleep with his eyes open" - Fremen wisdom, Dune: House Corrino, Pg. 472
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited August 2003
    try ebay.you would probably get the game quicker and cheaper depending on the seller...
    edited August 2003
    My next random question is, what the crap does the flesh golem soul do?
  • PhatosePhatose Member Full Members
    edited August 2003
    It enjoys eating the oddest things, of course. If you equip it, you will too. Which translates roughly into "If you equip it, you can eat rotten meat and regain all your health.
  • Options
    edited August 2003
    Yeah Phatose got it. It's invaluable for boss rush if you ask me, since you can eat that rotten meat and milk they give you. Since you don't lost time when you're in your menu you can take all the time you want to change the soul, eat the food and change the soul back.
    edited August 2003
    Oh, well I would have never guessed that.....but to bad it won't help me in boss rush mode...I already got everything confused.gif
  • Lord IconLord Icon Member Full Members
    edited August 2003
    The game is simply put AMAZING. I cant put it down, Me and my brother have been playing it for a week strait since we got it, I put like fifteen hours in to it and I still havent got everything. I havent had this much fun with a hadheld game in a long time.
  • The OutsiderThe Outsider Member Full Members
    edited August 2003
    You can cast in my lot with those of you who adore this game. The game retains so many of the best features of SotN while still being very unique, both in gameplay and in story and presentation. Soul Collection gives Aria impressive depth, and the pace of the gameplay is thankfully quicker than the previous handheld incarnations of the series. To any who think that the game is too short: try collecting all the souls, beating it on hard mode, and completing it using "<span class="spoiler">Julius Belmont</span>". Aria is more than long enough for a handheld game.