If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Square Enix Polls Customers on Potential DS Ports

2»

Comments

• AletheaAlethea Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE" But as for Enix games, bring over Star Ocean, and port me some Illusion of Gaia [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

YES. And don't forget a more coherent translation of IoG.

Am I the only one who wants these?

Oh, and I wasn't one of the lucky ducks who got picked to play the DS demos at E3. However, the second screen is for maps, menus, or touchscreen interaction (think of a mini game where you have to block objects or rearrange things with a stylus).
  • JCove2010JCove2010 Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Morridor @ July 29 2004,21:05)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Or, if they wanted to keep the PS1 FMV sequences and keep it on a Playstation system, they could easily put it on the PSP and satisfy a good amount of people. ?Some of the people who have the re-released versions for the PS1 don't have a Gameboy or Gamecube and they don't want to buy one, so why would they buy a DS. ?Some of the people would be loyal to Playstation and buy a PSP whereas they would never buy a DS. ?But if they were going to keep the FMV sequences, i'd see them re-releasing these games on the PSP instead, but since they are putting it on the DS, i'm guessing the sequences have been taken out.

Danny[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's the very reason why they should put the ports on the DS, I'm a gamer of ALL trades but there are Nintendo buffs out there who will own nothing but a nintendo systems, why do these people have to suffer, half of the games on the list have already been ported to the PS1 anyway.

Let's not forget, the root of these games lies in Nintendo.

If Gameboy advance cartridges can hold several episodes of cartoons on one cartridge, I don't see why they can't put FMV on a DS cartridge which is supposed to have an even larger capacity then the advance cartridges.

The only way I'll be Ok with them re-releasing FF IV, V, and VI, is if they put the same effort in these games as they did for FF I & II, that's right redo them. One good thing is that the above games will run a lot smoother on the DS then they did on the PS1. C'mon though if this was our only chance in finally getting FFIII stateside, that's the game we should vote for, unless they'd be willing to release FFIII on another system even PS1.

It never seems to amaze me as to how skeptical people are when it comes to Nintendo. Nintendo has oulasted many companies and has been standing strong, even up to Sony and Microsoft.

Nintendo's systems are more durable and Nintendo has a lot of support. Nintendo is not dumb people, they've been in the business longer then anyone else, they know what gamers want and they know how to give it to them.

The DS is going to fly, although I feel it is too soon for Nintendo to release another handheld while the Gameboy Advance is in it's prime but I understand why their doing it.

• KiTAKiTA New Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    *Eyes the list, and it's lack of Dragon Warrior goodness*

*sigh*

Fortunately, I think DW4, 5, and 6 portable ports are a given, but, it would have been nice to at least have them on the list. ;)
  • MorridorMorridor Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JCove2010 @ July 30 2004,09:58)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"That's the very reason why they should put the ports on the DS, I'm a gamer of ALL trades but there are Nintendo buffs out there who will own nothing but a nintendo systems, why do these people have to suffer, half of the games on the list have already been ported to the PS1 anyway.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I completely agree with you that they should put these on a Nintendo system or handheld system since they are already on a playstation system.

I guess they can put the FMV's onto the cartridge. What i was thinking about though was since they're putting IV, V, and VI on one cartridge is if it will all fit all the games and FMV sequences, but i guess it can.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It never seems to amaze me as to how skeptical people are when it comes to Nintendo. Nintendo has oulasted many companies and has been standing strong, even up to Sony and Microsoft.

Nintendo's systems are more durable and Nintendo has a lot of support. Nintendo is not dumb people, they've been in the business longer then anyone else, they know what gamers want and they know how to give it to them. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Remember, i was talking about Square Enix, not Nintendo. I myself have no problem with Nintendo. In fact i have a Gamecube and Gameboy Advance SP. And yes, Nintendo does know how to give customers what they want. But i don't think Nintendo has much to do with Square Enix's decision of how the game should be redone. And i'm not saying i'm skeptical of Square or Nintendo, i'm just saying it would be pretty silly for Square to re-release IV, V, and VI with nothing new on the DS (which i know some people want). They should at least add something small in. I just don't want them to add like a whole new dungeon in randomly that would have no purpose in that world. It's been done before and i'm sure people would like something more than to fight monsters.

Danny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CybsledCybsled Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    Chrono Trigger of course ;P

One could hope they would add extra scenes also ;(((
  • Options
    edited July 2004
    Vote for Final Fantasy 3. We need this game released over here in the U.S. We've had most of those games re-released in some form (Crono Trigger, FF4, FF4, FF6 make up FF Chronicles and Anthology). I see this as an opportunity to FINALLY get this game here. Then we'll have all the FF's.
  • fanofff6fanofff6 Member Full Members
    edited July 2004
    I think two screens isn't that great. But what I do like about the DS is the touch screen. If SE put the touch screen to use with remake (hopefully they'll remake FFIII and release it in the US), I think they could make a really awsome game.
  • ElrinthElrinth Member Full Members
    edited August 2004
    If they are to remake ff4,5,6 on the same cart. Then I have a phat request that they change the characteristics of Gau. Make him more powerful.

Err else if Enix joins the league.. well Star Ocean would be AWESOME if we got a english translation of. I mean, the MOST hightech SNESgame ever on the DS and translated to english.. yum..

Since they are already making a new Seiken Densetsu game, I'm happy.. Cause I'd rather have new games than remakes.
    Oh, and a brand new Final Fantasy for the DS would be really nice too. (FF:CC is just a joke, I mean, it's the worst battlesystem ever, and the characters don't level up? wtf SQUARE, it's not funny even a bit)
    When I mean brand new FF, then I mean one like either FF6 or FF7. alien.gif
    \"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind\" - Edward D. Morrison