If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

V-Jump Reveals Kingdom Hearts: CoM Secrets

AletheaAlethea MemberFull Members
edited October 2004 in Latest Updates
Many mysteries surround this upcoming Game Boy Advance title from Square Enix. Who are the strangers in black robes? What happened to Riku?

V-Jump Reveals Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Secrets

Don't forget to check out the media here.

Comments

• gfpaperboy22gfpaperboy22 Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    We may have to wait for the actual american release date to see this title as well. I doubt that the pirates are gonna be able to rip a perfect copy right away due to the fact that its using a special chip for cinema. I mean, look at how long it took them to emulate Street Fighter alpha 2 on the SNES! It took about 3 years before they finally were able to get the special chip emulated.

• LawngnomesorceressLawngnomesorceress Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    ...orrr you could import it. Piracy bad! ('cept for the Shonen-Jump pirate. Arr.)

Quick question: I know they have that special chip and all, but how are they going to a ton of cinematics, uber-graphics, and a card based battle system for two games on one GBA cart?
    edited October 2004
    Yes... I could import it like I did FF1&2 Advance but I cant read Japanese. I only bought FF1&2 Advance because I know the story and what to do. As for the chip, I believe I can answer that. As far as chip sizes go, the largest flash card i've seen is 1 Gb or about 500MB. Now for some reason, i've yet to see any game go above 128 Mb or 16 MB. The main game will probably use up the standard 128 Mb and the special chip is probably going to allow it to carry at least 1 Gb for cinema. It'd have to be that large as well because from my own GBA movies that i've made, I can barely get the CS movie "Frag or Die" on my 256 Mb Flash card. Besides being interested in the actuall game, i'm curious about the hardware aspects of what they plan to do. If they can they can pull off the cut scenes like a PS2, then I believe that we will finally see the full potential of the GBA. Not just as a portable SNES but as a system that can still set new standards for portable gaming.

• ElranzerElranzer Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    I just hope the DS won't be emulated so quickly after its release like the GBA. But I can see it being rather difficult with it's two processors and two screens. I don't think it's gonna be kosher to play pirated games when you need to touch the screen to play some games. However, the PSP being emulated, that I can easily see...
    edited October 2004
    I'll lean more towards one system or another depending upon whether or not there is a ZOE game on there. Wow, portable ZOE... man that'd rock.

• ElrinthElrinth Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gfpaperboy22 @ Oct. 22 2004,22:29)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yes... I could import it like I did FF1&2 Advance but I cant read Japanese. I only bought FF1&2 Advance because I know the story and what to do. As for the chip, I believe I can answer that. As far as chip sizes go, the largest flash card i've seen is 1 Gb or about 500MB. Now for some reason, i've yet to see any game go above 128 Mb or 16 MB. The main game will probably use up the standard 128 Mb and the special chip is probably going to allow it to carry at least 1 Gb for cinema. It'd have to be that large as well because from my own GBA movies that i've made, I can barely get the CS movie "Frag or Die" on my 256 Mb Flash card. Besides being interested in the actuall game, i'm curious about the hardware aspects of what they plan to do. If they can they can pull off the cut scenes like a PS2, then I believe that we will finally see the full potential of the GBA. Not just as a portable SNES but as a system that can still set new standards for portable gaming.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    To be honest 1024 Megabit is not 500MBYTE as you say.
    1024 Megabit = 128 Megabyte

Biggest GBA game: Minna no Ojisama @ 256Megabit which is 32 Megabyte.

Biggest flashcart: EZ-crew are coming out with a EZ3 8 Gigabit (1 Gigabyte) flashcart. I wish I owned one. biggrin.gif

Square-Enix have confirmed Kingdom Hearts will be stored on a 256 Megabit cartridge!

I'm definatly importing FF1&2 Advance if the Europe release-date isn't anytime soon. As for Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, maybe, maybe not. Need to see it in action first.

8 bit = 1 Byte incase you haven't read this anywhere.

// best wishes, Elrinth

\"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind\" - Edward D. Morrison
    edited October 2004
    Eh, i figured I was off. Oh well. Close enough. Its gonna be interesting how they get all that game and cinema on there.
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gfpaperboy22 @ Oct. 22 2004,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"We may have to wait for the actual american release date to see this title as well.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's not like you have long to wait. The Japanese release is November 11 and the North American date is scheduled for December (no exact date yet). Just keep an eye out on Nintendo's site and Chain of Memories' site for when a solid date is announced. The game already has received a rating and will be a major release for the GBA from Nintendo this fall in N.A.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]