If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Lame Ads

gregmightgregmight MemberFull Members
edited February 2005 in Site & Forum Support
Some ads for RPGamer are for related video games, card games, computers, etc, things that would be of interest to an RPGamer. These ads get clicked, making some cash to help RPGamer along.

Other ads flash all over the place, ask who Eminem is, and are a general eyesore. Now, assuming that these ads are all pay-per-click, and that the average visitor has been on the internet for more than 2 days, then these ads can't possibly be bringing in any revenue. They're just eyesores.

Do you guys have any control over what ads do and don't appear on your page? If so, I humbly request that you excercise it.

Thanks for your time tounge.gif

Comments

• MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Do you guys have any control over what ads do and don't appear on your page? If so, I humbly request that you excercise it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, we have no control over it.
  • Options
    edited January 2005
    In that case, I hope you don't mind if I direct folks to Firefox, Adblock, and this handy set of filters I have lying around...
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    I suspect Firemyst would appreciate that you didn't.

At the same time, they're readily avaliable, so I'm not going to be one stopping you from linking them.

Dracos
  • kweeekweee Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    I'm sure we can find a less obtrusive way of

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>THIS FORUM POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY PEPSI. AH COOL REFRESHING. DRINK PEPSI OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.</span></span>[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

generating ad revenue.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    *Hundreds of forum posters are relieved by Mt. Dew generally being a Pepsi product*
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Jan. 17 2005,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"*Hundreds of forum posters are relieved by Mt. Dew generally being a Pepsi product*[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yes indeed. biggrin.gif
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    While I obviously agree, they DO keep us afloat on bills sometimes. We're paid up through the year from ads. So, if it means we won't be shutting down, I'll deal with Paris Hilton quizzes. smile.gif
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    This post deleted by Pepsi co.
  • T.G. CidT.G. Cid Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    This post deleted by Paris Hilton.
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    I realize the point, but please stop spamming.
  • EllyElly Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    so, clicking on the ads every now and then actually helps rpgamer?
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Elly @ Jan. 20 2005,18:27)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"so, clicking on the ads every now and then actually helps rpgamer?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yes, indeed it does.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    Does anyone actually DO that??? eh.gif
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited February 2005
    We get quite a few 'good' (read: game related) ad campaigns because we can show a good clickthrough on them. Yes, it helps a lot. ^^
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    So... would it help you out if all the boardies decided to click on the main page's ad at least 5 times each day? alien.gif
  • kweeekweee Member Full Members
    edited February 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MeoTwister5 @ Feb. 13 2005,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"So... would it help you out if all the boardies decided to click on the main page's ad at least 5 times each day? alien.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No, you'll have to do better than that! How about a BILLION clicks a day! wink.gif