The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

RPGamer's Interview with Atlus USA

MartyrMartyr MemberFull Members
edited March 2005 in Latest Updates
With the second title in the Shin Megami Tensei to see release in North America due at the end of the month, what better time to read up on a conversation with the people responsible? Inquire within for RPGamer's interview with Atlus USA regarding Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.

Interviewness

Comments

• BalzacBalzac Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    I can't wait for this game.
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Nor I...SMT is one of my favorite series, even ahead of Suikoden. This installment looks to be a lot like Soul Hackers...an SMT game for the Saturn that we didn't get, so it should be interesting to see what comes of it.
  • Crimson FlameCrimson Flame Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    I wish it came out sooner because I really wanna play this game...I've been waiting for it since I saw the preview on Nocturne!!
  • ASHURANASHURAN Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga really dosn't impress me at the moment.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Oh man I want to play this game. The promo on Nocturne looked really cool..wish it was out now... laugh.gif
  • Sword_of_SwordsSword_of_Swords Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Wait a tic; at the bottom of the interview, a note says that they will talk to Nippon Ichi about upcoming games, Stella Deus being one of them. It's a bit confusing to me since I always thought that Stella Deus was just Atlus. Could I get some clarification?

Either way, I'm as excited about Digital Devil Saga as I always was. My excitement for the game can't be increased anymore. I really, really, really want DDS.
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"With the latest onslaught of Shin Megami series, is there any possibility America could see past games released in the U.S. in some form or another?
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Ha! That woulda been my first question too!
    Localised Persona2:Innocent Sin anyone? Yes please!
    I would also like an uncensored Revelations:Persona.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Personally, I like how the people who turned into demons must devour others in order to live. It sounds gory and cruel, but it?s really not that different from the way we live our lives in the real world. Makes you think how sinful our lives really are... Whether you're a meat lover or a vegetarian, you have to kill and eat in order to live.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

hee hee, this is why atlus owns.
    sup?
    edited March 2005
    I just love how, though each game seems extremely farfetched, there is a nagging reality under all of it. You know it, but it's hard to admit that we all kill something else to survive.
  • Starky27Starky27 Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sword_of_Swords @ Mar. 05 2005,12:18)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wait a tic; at the bottom of the interview, a note says that they will talk to Nippon Ichi about upcoming games, Stella Deus being one of them. It's a bit confusing to me since I always thought that Stella Deus was just Atlus. Could I get some clarification?

Either way, I'm as excited about Digital Devil Saga as I always was. My excitement for the game can't be increased anymore. I really, really, really want DDS.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's a mistake. Stella Deus is an Atlus title and a pseudo-sequel of Hoshigami. ?The article also says DDS is part of the SMT series, which it isn't. ?It's a spin-off just like Persona, the NA title was just changed to capitilize on Nocturne's popularity...
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It's a mistake. Stella Deus is an Atlus title and a pseudo-sequel of Hoshigami.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

oop, yeah, mistake ^^;

Sorry about that...*blushes*

• bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    This is a great game, but the second one just kicks its ass all over the place. ?Digital Devil Saga is just a set-up for the suckerpunch that is Digital Devil Saga 2. ?Damn. ?If you're going to buy the first game, you MUST buy the second one.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Localised Persona2:Innocent Sin anyone?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'd much rather see a remake of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"This installment looks to be a lot like Soul Hackers...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's not. ?If anything, it plays like Persona. ?I like to think of it as Persona 2 done right.
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    I'm pleased they used my questions, but some of their answers really weren't that great. I tried to make them get away from using form answers and they really didn't.

I'm glad that they got some details out they haven't gotten through other interviews. Especially about other games, the favorite parts, and the question about criteria-specific Mantra.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bhs @ Mar. 06 2005,05:04)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'd much rather see a remake of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'll second that.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bhs @ Mar. 05 2005,20:04)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'd much rather see a remake of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'll, well, I guess I have to "third" that now, don't I?
    edited March 2005
    Ugh...I feel so...

YOUNG.
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'd much rather see a remake of Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, Persona was my first introduction to the SMT series, which is why I always root for Innocent Sin to come out. I liked Eternal Punishment, but Atlus tried to pass it off saying you didn't have to play Innocent Sin to understand it. Um, wrong, EP is the second part of IS. All the character development for the characters in EP is in IS. The storyline is a continuation of IS. They should have released a double cd package with both games.

sup?