The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Hmm...so what RPG are you planning to buy next?

Comments

• ArdeArde Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Heard some mixed reviews on Musashi Legend... from 5 to 8 in a 10 point scale.
    So you might want to rent it first or at the very least check with your favorite review site.

Review sites that already covered it

The first one was kinda good, I'll just rent it first once I'm done with Suikoden 3.
  • InuInu New Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    When school finally gets out for me May 7, I'm going to get
    InuYaush
    Devil may cry 1 yes I've never played the 1st one
    going to finally beat Blood Rayne 2
    That is my list for next RPGs I'm going play during the summer, I can't wait, oh those and RO smile.gif
  • forcesofhabitforcesofhabit New Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Eternal Eyes. $2.00 on ebay. Yah that's right.

After that Digital Devil Saga.
  • Crimson FlameCrimson Flame Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Digital Devil Saga. I've been waiting forever to get that game!
  • ArekaineArekaine Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    I just read the review GI had for Digital Devil Daga.....They didn't like it very much. But these are the people that gave Rachet and Clanck a 10 out of 10 so....
  • bhsbhs Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Next for me? ?Majin Tensei: RONDE...I need to see if it is as bad as I am told it is...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

It is. ?Believe me, it is . . .

Anyway, I placed my preorders for both Tengai Makyou III: Namida and Romancing Saga: Minstrel's Song. ?The newest titles from two of my favorite series are being released one week apart. ?I'm all excited and whatnot.

Edit: Release date mistake.

• AmanoAmano Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Digital Devil Saga, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and whatever rarity crosses my path for a low price. laugh.gif
  • zane587zane587 New Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Suikoden 4
  • zane587zane587 New Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    or maybe Xenosaga 2
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Amano @ April 02 2005,19:55)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Digital Devil Saga, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and whatever rarity crosses my path for a low price. ? laugh.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Same for me!

I hope they don't push back the release date again...

must have DDS... must have DDS... MUST HAVE DDS!!!!

sad.gif
  • AmanoAmano Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Ne, I agree. I was annoyed, to say the least, when it didn't come out on the 23th of March. Meh. At least it's coming out soon, though. My store received the bonus controller skins for DDS reservations. Surely that's a sign. I hope. sarcasm.gif
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited April 2005
    I <3 my Avatar Tuner controller skin, it's awesomely Atlus ghetto.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • loafierloafier New Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Going to try the .hack series, I think. //Infection is only $15-20
  • JackalJackal Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    I've been re-living my glory days with 16-bit rpgs so much I almost forgot about new games. I'll probably get FFXII just to see how it plays but I totally dig what I've seen so far about Belle Isle.

Other than games I may pick up to see what they're about I'm really looking forward to Phantasy Star Universe.

• KalvKalv Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    As far as Rpgs i'll be picking up this summer
    - Arc the lad end of darkness,
    - Atelier Iris Eternal Mana
    - Wild Arms alter code f

Then i'll also be picking up the following as soon as it hits retail in the fall/winter (assuming they arnt released even later may not hit shelves until spring/summer of 2006) =/

- Grandia III
    - shadow hearts new world

Personaly looking forward to Grandia 3 and the new shadow hearts, probaly more then any other titles comming out this year ).
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Atelier looked a lot nicer than I thought.

May have to open an eye in that direction deeper.

Dracos
  • Your Inner ChildYour Inner Child Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    What RPG to buy next? I really don't know. I'm trying my best to not be greedy for once and actually play all the way through the games I already own. :/

There are quite a few games I'm interested in, though... Digital Devil Saga, Phantom Brave, and Stella Deus (whenever it's released here, that is...) to name a few.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Stella Deus. Going by EB, they said the 27th yesterday. No idea how accurate that is, but I'm sold on it. If it get's pushed back a couple days, then Guild Wars.
  • NaphtaliNaphtali New Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    YES
    Stella Deus, can't wait XDXD

I'm holding up hopes it will be a memorable play, in the vein of FF Tactics.
  • edited April 2005
    Wild Arms: Alter Code F

Without a doubt the game I'm waiting on the most smile.gif
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    I'm eagerly awaiting a good Square-Enix game, maybe Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, but seeing this preview of it makes me queezy - romancing saga preview

Is it just me or has Square-Enix sucked lately? The last game I can remember that was released that was decent, was star ocean 3. And when's the last time we had a major FF12 update?

Seems like Atlus is cruising along, with the megami series and atlerier iris getting released soon.
  • GrowlanserGrowlanser Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kanes_Inferno @ April 24 2005,14:45)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Wild Arms: Alter Code F

Without a doubt the game I'm waiting on the most smile.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    EBgames.com now says the release date is 8/16 or somethin.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire Hunter V @ May 02 2005,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Is it just me or has Square-Enix sucked lately? The last game I can remember that was released that was decent, was star ocean 3.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    And they've released, what, two or three games since then? Not that big a deal.

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    Sorry, I forgot about Musashi Samurai Legend and Full Metal Alchemist. Those games didn't really catch my interest in buying them.
    FF1+2 Dawn of Souls was also released not too long ago, but that was a re-release.

I want a brand new game or series from square to rival their great past games.
    edited May 2005
    Samural Legend Musashi was ewwww.

Dracos
    Threw it across his room after an hour or so.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire Hunter V @ May 02 2005,21:02)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Sorry, I forgot about Musashi Samurai Legend and Full Metal Alchemist. Those games didn't really catch my interest in buying them.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That was my point actually. It's only two mediocre games(from what I've read anyway) released by one company in a couple of months. No big deal, happens all the time.

Incidentally, I was going to pick up SLM soon since it's probably pretty cheap now, but Karlinn recced me the two Max Payne games the other day. And I figure since I rec him stuff all the time, I'd might as well listen to one of his. laugh.gif

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
    edited May 2005
    Don't bother picking up SLM. :\ Go with the recs =p

Dracos
  • RuinRuin Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    I'll be getting Altier next.

Dracos
  • starbladestarblade Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    If I don't pick up Atelier Iris than what's the point of living? Also wild arms Alter code F, fire emblem on the GBA, and jade empire are all in sight.
    edited May 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruin @ May 03 2005,08:17)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'll be getting Altier next.

Dracos[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    *blinks*

*raises an eyebrow*

Dracos
    *wonders why his name signature is being tagged such*