The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Coolest RPG Character of all Time?

Comments

• edited March 2005
    i'd say my favorite hero is..
    Veigue of ToR... the game didnt released tho but he seems really awesome.
  • ASHURANASHURAN Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    im still waiting for the two tales games to come to my us ps2. ff12 proballly will come out before the tales games at the rate its going confused.gif
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Ouch.

We have:
    One count of "This character's art looks cool, but I can't talk about the character or the game because I've not played it."

One count of "I'm too busy fantasizing about how awesome the Japanese are to bother to use my English speaking capabilities."

Which two tales games? There's been a half dozen of them. More than that, actually.

Dracos
  • cj_iwakuracj_iwakura Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Hero: Alex, Lunar: The Silver Star
    Villain: "<span class="spoiler">Ghaleon</span>", Lunar: The Silver Star

Sega CD versions naturally.

Honorable mentions.. Terra/Kefka.

edited March 2005
    tales of rebirth and tales of syphonia for the us ps2
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (yunkel @ Feb. 22 2005,16:06)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Jowy from Suikoden II[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    wow.gif biggrin.gif wow.gif

Yeah, Jowy DOES rock! He is only slightly beaten out by HK-47, though.

Hem. Please forgive my precocious fanboy...ism.

~J~

P.S While we're talking about villains...I'm gonna just jump right up and name the King of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy. That guy was pretty fruitfully evil.

...or the writer for the script from ToD2. He was a pretty vicious s.o.b.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    The King of All Cosmos rocked.

But everything from katamari rocked.

Dracos
  • Vampire Hunter VVampire Hunter V Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yeah, Jowy DOES rock! He is only slightly beaten out by HK-47, though.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Forgive me for asking, but who is HK-47?
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Explanation: HK-47 is a homicidal assassin droid with a devilish sense of humor in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    edited March 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vampire Hunter V @ Mar. 03 2005,09:35)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yeah, Jowy DOES rock! ?He is only slightly beaten out by HK-47, though.
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Forgive me for asking, but who is HK-47?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    what!!!! u know not meatbag of his awsomeness!
  • RPGfan2005RPGfan2005 New Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    hmm many would say it would be Cloud or Sephiroth but i think it is Dart from the Legend of the Dragoon he is simple yet looks cool

i like simpleness but yeah dont get me wrong Sephi and Cloudy look cool too
  • ArekaineArekaine Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Zidane from FF9. Just an over all cool dude
  • loafierloafier New Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    Id from Xenogears is the most bestest coolest character 'cause he likes to break stuff
  • edited March 2005
    Link, from the legend of zelda!
  • edited March 2005
    Id have to say Yuri, tho Tidus, Cloud and Dart arnt far behind
  • Crimson FlameCrimson Flame Member Full Members
    edited March 2005
    I would have to say Sephiroth.
  • zane587zane587 New Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Auron
  • zane587zane587 New Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    or maybe chrono
  • edited April 2005
    BARRET
    He is one angry man, but still cool, not like Dyne.
  • edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Anyway, he gets more arrows rained on him, then you gotta duel him one on one, then he says something like, "Remember me. I've slaughtered thousands, I am the face of Evil.", then he falls over dead.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>"It took hundreds to kill me, but I've slaughtered thousands." Blah, blah, "Look upon me! I AM THE TRUE FACE OF EVIL!!!" Something like that, absolutely awesome. It just doesn't get much better than that. So yes, my vote definitely goes to him, with Jowy at a close second.
  • JackalJackal Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    And now for something completely different...

For favorite hero I'd like to name Kain the Wrecker from Phantasy Star II. In his bio it says something like "Tried fixing things but always broke them; decided to make that his job." I just love the attitude that implies and breaking things you try to fix is something I can relate to. Plus in the original Genesis version of his portrait he had a look like Lupin the Third's. ^.^

My favorite villain, also from the Phantasy Star series, is King Lassic from the original Phantasy Star. He doesn't have much to say but his background says it all. He became afraid of growing old and took a suit of black armor from some suspicious characters that would allow him to live forever. Unfortunately it also made him an evil tyrant. I could easily see someone doing this and it really got me to thinking about motives and judgement. Even though I felt the guy's pain I knew I had to kill him.
  • Alex44Alex44 Banned Banned Users
    edited April 2005
    Max. From Shining Force. That guy is a god.
  • Alex44Alex44 Banned Banned Users
    edited April 2005
    oh wait.

Oddeye
    -Shining Force 2/Final Conflict.

So.....cool.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Love the avatar.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Dammit, why didn't I think of that?

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
    Who will have to make do with anime crotch.

• DarionDarion Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    BANDIGER!

Bandiger SPIN~~~!
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darion @ April 08 2005,19:58)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"BANDIGER!

Bandiger SPIN~~~![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! biggrin.gif

He also draws distinction as being the first guy I can recall saying s*** in a video game.

By way of voice acting anyway.

Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Yeah, I think the first time I saw it (in text) was a year before, in FFT (Deep Dungeon).

....not counting the fan translations of FFV or ToP.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • SiconderaSicondera New Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    Best Hero: Yuri, from Shadow Hearts. Gotta love his attitude. And what he does to Leni. It's hilarious.

Best Villain: Sephiroth. No contest.

Runner up Villain: Sydney, from Vagrant Story. He's the single most manipulative little punk ever. That and, c'mon, 5-inch razors on every fingertip? And those pants....

Sicondera

-The only difference between insanity and genius is success.
  • Non Blonde JohnNon Blonde John New Member Full Members
    edited April 2005
    I've heard a few people say Tidus and just don't get why, he really bugged me, he had the most annoying, whiny voice I've ever heard.

I think Vincent Valentine is a strong contender for coolest character, but that's mainly because there's so much mystery about him (of the type that makes you want to know more as opposed to just a character we don't know much about).