If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Suggestions for the boards

13»

Comments

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    I'd say there's a good chance that if a person can't be bothered to read the intermittent page between the main site and the boards, then they won't end up posting anything of value.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • RIPtoadRIPtoad Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    Certainly a possibility. I'd just like to see them get more than simply one strike before they're called out. Guess I'm just a big marshmallow. alien.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Ahh RIPtoad... Arguing for the sake of argument since March 2005!

Stick around for a couple months. It's annoying enough to warrant the severity. Not that restriction is all that severe, for reasons already stated in this thread...
    edited May 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LiQuid! @ May 22 2005,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Ahh RIPtoad... ?Arguing for the sake of argument since March 2005![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Actually, it's a character flaw which I completely blame my dad for--rooting for the underdog / trying to see both sides of a given issue / giving people the benefit of the doubt, perhaps sometimes a little too much so...

But arguing for the sake of arguing...? hmmm. Reminds me of someone, just not sure I can put my finger on who... sarcasm.gif ?alien.gif ?wow.gif ?alien.gif ?tounge.gif ?alien.gif

• DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    Restriction is, in effect, a strong swat on the wrist. I'm rewriting that section of the rules to be more visible and such and I doubt it'll come into effect too often, but there's something wrong when a section of the rules is perpetually ignored.

Dracos
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Spammity spammity spammity spam.

• Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    Not quite a board suggestion, but a bit of a detour.

Does anyone else feel weird about the term "Propaganda" in reference to those Japanese magazine scans on RPGamer? To be honest, the only other time I read the term "propaganda" is in reference to what the Nazis did to justify themselves.

Anyone else bothered by that word? Or is it just me. (And no, please don`t throw dictionary definitions at me, Dracos tounge.gif)
    edited May 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gouden Draak @ May 26 2005,18:21)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Not quite a board suggestion, but a bit of a detour.

Does anyone else feel weird about the term "Propaganda" in reference to those Japanese magazine scans on RPGamer? To be honest, the only other time I read the term "propaganda" is in reference to what the Nazis did to justify themselves.

Anyone else bothered by that word? Or is it just me. (And no, please don`t throw dictionary definitions at me, Dracos tounge.gif)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's probably not the best word to use, but it's still around enough in civil usage to have not retained the same kind of taint that the NSDAP inflicted on the swastika. It does bring up negative connotations for me, as well, but they are divorced from any specific group of people. It smacks of bias, but in a generally manipulative and therefore negative way. Still, in the larger scheme of things, it's harmless enough. Just not particularly appealing. (Hype would probably be a better word to use.) Anyway, that's my take on it.

• AwakeAwake Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    You know, in addition to having a 10 post limit, maybe you could add a test at the end of the disclaimer, you know like use a few radial buttons, and when they request an email be sent to them for authorization it like wont send unless they pass with a 100% hehe.. like

Trolling on the board is

a.) Good
    b.) Ok sometimes
    c.) Very bad, you should be ashamed of yourself!

something along those lines, I mean since i'm fairly certain most people skim the rules and miss the important ones.. or maybe even a more direct control of the members.. like they can only post in certain areas for the first 10 or so posts.. like they can't interact with the big kid forum areas till they are proven capable to interact with the new kids in the kiddy forum area.. just a thought... coming from a noob myself.. <_<
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    The answer is B.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    Hum, again, that comes down to patronizing. I wouldn't care to join a board that did that to me and thus assume those like me wouldn't as well.

We're not quite that great ^_~. *adds a 10 dollar join charge? =P*

Anyhow, that'll be moved up, and we'll be keeping everything else the same. Those who troll will be dealt with as appropriate.

Dracos
  • LawngnomesorceressLawngnomesorceress Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    No, the answer is 'D', troll once, then leave that post alone. It frustrates people in a very amusing fashion.