If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Thumbs

edited June 2005 in Site & Forum Support
I'm sure you guys hear enough bellyaching about all the crap that sucks about your site, so I thought I'd chime in and compliment the new change to thumbnail galleries for game media. It's long overdue and much appreciated. Now get to thumbing the archives!!! tounge.gif

Comments

• MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    Thanks ^^ Yeah, it was long overdue.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    Yeah, so much more user-friendly since some computers can take longer to display the larger pictures. Its great to have the thumbnails to look at and then be able to see the larger versions if desired. I'll be looking at screenshots/images more often thanks to this! biggrin.gif
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited May 2005
    I like it as well. Unfortunately, the thumbnail gallery images are unavailable when clicking on the art links for a given game. For instance, when I clicked the art link from the Makai Kingdom page, the newest images were not shown in the game's art page.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    Well with the old style, instead of reading the (oft well written) captions, I would just blitz through the entire page of screenshots with middle-clicks (in Firefox that opens the link in a new tab) and then just tab through them all to see what was good or not. I'm sure that was more hell on your guys' servers than loading a page of thumbs and just clicking what I actually want to see. I hope this works out for you guys too from a bandwidth standpoints as well as our convenience.
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MonCapitan2002 @ May 24 2005,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I like it as well. Unfortunately, the thumbnail gallery images are unavailable when clicking on the art links for a given game. For instance, when I clicked the art link from the Makai Kingdom page, the newest images were not shown in the game's art page.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Oops, an oversight on our part. In any event, it'll be fixed shortly.
  • CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    I'm glad everyone seems to like it. The site had planned for a while to use thumbnails, but the means were only put into place for this E3.

I too like the thumbnails. smile.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Thumbs up even[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I didn't write that. Who wrote that. Why are you people dicking with my threads? I demand answers!
  • RIPtoadRIPtoad Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    The answers are obvious, "Plunders the Booty." Wood sprites. Evil wood sprites. Evil, power-crazed wood sprites. (They should never have removed your Pantsu.)

And thumbs is way cool. Though losing the captions, not so much so.

• CainEJWCainEJW Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LiQuid! @ May 24 2005,09:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Now get to thumbing the archives!!! tounge.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Keep your eyes open, Liquid. As one of my last actions for the site, I gave them some new archive ideas that should be in the works. You may just be surprised smile.gif
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited May 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LiQuid! @ May 29 2005,08:17)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Thumbs up even[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I didn't write that. Who wrote that. Why are you people dicking with my threads? I demand answers![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    *whistles* =P

Dracos
  • JackalJackal Member Full Members
    edited June 2005
    Yesiree... we'd just be talking lagomorpha or some other lesser mammal without 'em. Opposable thumbs that is....
  • ffwarrioressffwarrioress Member Full Members
    edited June 2005
    I like RPGamer, it rocks!!! Yay for them! (and yay for me, too - I get to navigate the site and have fun!)

*muhahahaha!* laugh.gif