If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Great and Wonderful Newbie Thread

Comments

• IsraelIsrael Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Welcome to the boards, Squonk.

I am Israel, a cold and unexpressive Mexican (the only one here, so you can say I am one-of-a-kind in RPGamer). I have written four fics and headed for the fifth and sixth. I am also some guy who thinks love is stupid and I almost get tortured at school for saying that in English class (our main language is Spanish as I am sure you know). Love is unexistent for me, as I have no heart.

Welcome, anyway.
  • edited October 2003
    Hey !! I used to frequent the message boards back in highschool, I'm in college now and I've come back to see whats going on
  • SilvermaneSilvermane Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Welcome all newcomers to the continual insanity of the boards. tounge.gif laugh.gif
  • Zidane TribalZidane Tribal Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    Is there anyone else that can make good siggy pics besides Aliena? I've sent PMs to her at least 3 times and she still hasn't responded. She might be on vacation or something. sarcasm.gif Anyway, I need somebody to drop me a line ASAP.
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Welcome newbies YoeTheTerrible and Zaphod Beeblebrox. It must be HELL to log on w/o the cookies set with names like that! Hope you enjoy our little insane asylum. It is October, month of the insane. To kick it off, I will start by GOING INSANE!!!

;fjaeiwaophveiopwahgb;a3h94p0n7qp08dioaui
    eoiwaphi
    ewagoejwag9i4a
    gajko0wa

ok. feel much better now. no wait...

jfaosei 4a08920j49ja02c40qx ,
    edited October 2003
    Hey, waitaminute! I know where you got your name, Zaphod Beeblebrox! Your name is the code you type in for the PC point-and-click adventure, The 7th Guest! When you type it in I guess you can warp to different parts of the mansion. Glad I caught that! Anyway, I know what to do to get a title. You just have to write a long and impressive post to get Lord Brian to give you one. But I don't think I can find any topic to give a long-winded speech about. The Athenian or generator got one after doing that thing about cigerretes. Or maybe I just have to write something witty and thought-provoking. confused.gif

• Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Yoe, Zaphod, welcome to the boards.

Anyway, Zidane, I can make a sig for you if you want. Drop me a PM telling me what you want. Finally next time, drop by the Happy sig shop to order a sig. There are plenty of people on the boards willing and happy to make you one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Zidane Tribal @ Oct. 07 2003,13:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Hey, waitaminute! I know where you got your name, Zaphod Beeblebrox! Your name is the code you type in for the PC point-and-click adventure, The 7th Guest! When you type it in I guess you can warp to different parts of the mansion. Glad I caught that![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I really hope that was sarcasm, because the name was taken from a far more impressive source than The 7th Guest.
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Zidane Tribal @ Oct. 07 2003,12:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Anyway, I know what to do to get a title. You just have to write a long and impressive post to get Lord Brian to give you one. But I don't think I can find any topic to give a long-winded speech about. The Athenian or generator got one after doing that thing about cigerretes. Or maybe I just have to write something witty and thought-provoking. confused.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    or do something completely moronic, which I apparently did....
  • Lord DycedargLord Dycedarg Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    You should all make your own sig pics, having some one else do it defeats the purpose of expressing yourself. Which is what having a sig and avatar is about, unless your a mindless fool who simply gets his avatar or sig from whatever new pop-culture phenom; like the matrix for example.
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    But what if you simply have no way to make one yourself? Malango made mine and I think it does a wonderful job of expressing me.
    edited October 2003
    yes yes but YOU are not expressing your self you are giving someone else the ideas and having them do it.
  • wind~of~fatewind~of~fate Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Hey, how can you have a picture sig anyway?
    edited October 2003
    You just put the link in the image brackets. Also if at all possible make your own.
  • lord-of-shadowlord-of-shadow Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lord Dycedarg @ Oct. 07 2003,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"You should all make your own sig pics, having some one else do it defeats the purpose of expressing yourself. Which is what having a sig and avatar is about, unless your a mindless fool who simply gets his avatar or sig from whatever new pop-culture phenom; like the matrix for example.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Finally, someone who agrees with me on that point...

Personally though, I'd rather have larger avatar sizes and no sig images allowed at all. Ah well, I suppose I'll live.

Oh yeah, I'm a bit new too wink.gif

A question... typing down ";)" doesn't automatically get the winky smiley, like at most forums... any special reason for this?
  • rurazruraz Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Hi...semi new here...just actually never got around to posting in this forum!! Was bust reading about the MMOs whenever I came onto here because that is what I am most interested..

A little about me:

Playing Right now:

GBA: FFTA
    XBOX: Morrowind
    PC: Temple of Elemental Evil
    Games that I am waiting for:
    ? Horizons
    UXO

Hope to talk to you all more!!!

edited October 2003
    Ruraz and Lord-of-Shadows, welcome to the boards.

Also, the reason ;) doesn't do wink.gif Because :"wink": does that. Well without the quotation marks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark Aeon AnimaDark Aeon Anima Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I wouldn't exactly say i'm a "newbie" but I am back from a long vacation. I'm sure most of you don't know me, I didn't post to much but registered a long time ago. Anyways, i'm back and hope to become a active member. smile.gif
  • THEDARKONE4THEDARKONE4 Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    Well welcome back. smile.gif

• THEDARKONE4THEDARKONE4 Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    Well welcome back. laugh.gif
    edited October 2003
    Welcome newbies, to the Asylum of the Criminaly Insane!
    Dont be scared, we wont bite. Well, most of us wont. Just stay cool and be fresh. Glad to see new faces.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited October 2003
    Welcome all ye newbies! Make yerself right at home here!

(yes I've been playin' FFXI beta too much lately)
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited October 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adremmelech @ Oct. 07 2003,11:45)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Zidane Tribal @ Oct. 07 2003,12:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Anyway, I know what to do to get a title. You just have to write a long and impressive post to get Lord Brian to give you one. But I don't think I can find any topic to give a long-winded speech about. The Athenian or generator got one after doing that thing about cigerretes. Or maybe I just have to write something witty and thought-provoking. confused.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    or do something completely moronic, which I apparently did....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Well, what did you do that was so completely moronic? Did you have to type a secret word? I should get a title for bravely changing my name from mogster to Zidane Tribal. Besides, I've been here since January. alien.gif
  • RedBearRedBear New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Just so you know, I do bite....
    edited October 2003
    I had a slight tiff with a moderator. I decided not to continue it and *poff* I was pregnant with title.
  • MercuryMercury New Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    I'm new to this forum and you know something really new to most forums and I was wondering if someone could assit with cool avatars and sigs maybe websites and a little on how to fix them right, I know it may be in this thread already really didn't want to read all 63 pages so if you know where just tell and I'll read thanks.
    edited October 2003
    Welcome Mercury. We have a thread specially made for sigs and avatars. Go to the Artworks Forum and they will help you in any way they can.

• IsraelIsrael Member Full Members
    edited October 2003
    Welcome, newbies.

I am the heartless of the forums.
    I think love is stupid and have all the right to.
    edited October 2003
    Dark Aeon Anima, welcome back to the boards, and welcome to the boards Mercury.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2003
    You have to learn how to do the Humptey before you can post more than 10 post. Dont know how? Learn it!

Do the Humptey Hump!
    Do the Do the Humptey Hump!!
This discussion has been closed.