If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Poll discussion

Nomi SunriderNomi Sunrider MemberFull Members
edited November 2005 in Site & Forum Support
Why is there no forum topic for an RPGamer poll discussion (the poll on the main page)? Didn't there used to be one back in the day? Is there one still and I'm just missing it? The reason I'm asking is... I have been frustrated with poll choices lately. In the current poll choices for example, I usually lurk here, but only occasionally post; I don't post enough to remotely call myself "active," yet I do still occasionally post. There is no choice for that. Also, in polls concerning anticipation of games, I don't remember there beign an "other" or "none" choice, though I could be remembering wrong.

Summary: Poll creators, please make sure you cover (within reason) all your bases. Sometimes I don't vote at all, rather than skew the vote by only voting for something I half agree with.

Am I taking this too seriously? But of course! smile6.png But anyway, this is the board for site suggestions/complaints/questions, and these are two suggestions of mine:

1. Poll discussion thread (can be a reactions-type informal thing.)

2. Make sure (within reason) you're not leaving out an important choice (usually for us wafflers smile10.png ).

Thanks, and keep up the polling! I love that feature of RPGamer, 'cause the choices are so wacky and witty sometimes! smile4.png

Comments

• MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Also, in polls concerning anticipation of games, I don't remember there beign an "other" or "none" choice, though I could be remembering wrong.[/QUOTE]

There was a "none of them" choice.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"1. Poll discussion thread (can be a reactions-type informal thing.)[/QUOTE]

We did that with every poll before the redesign, but we decided to stop doing it because nobody ever used those threads. Wouldn't be too hard to put it back in though, I'll talk to the others about it =P

U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"2. Make sure (within reason) you're not leaving out an important choice (usually for us wafflers smile10.png ).[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on that. I've noticed that before. We'll try and be more mindful of that sort of thing =P
  • Nomi SunriderNomi Sunrider Member Full Members
    edited November 2005
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Also, in polls concerning anticipation of games, I don't remember there beign an "other" or "none" choice, though I could be remembering wrong.[/QUOTE]

There was a "none of them" choice.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, you're right! I think what I was remembering was an equal anticipation of two games (i.e. "More than one") and not wanting to have to decide between them. That's my problem though, not necessarily the poll creators!

Anyway, thanks for responding so quickly. I love RPGamer and you guys rock!