The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

RicoRico MemberFull Members
edited December 2003 in General Help & Advice
I'm in Chapter 3, and am currently stuck in the "<span class="spoiler">Mimic Cave</span>". ?I know I'm supposed to "<span class="spoiler">use the gems and the big pile to bait it into the trap</span>", it's pretty obvious, but there must be some kind of trick to placing them, because it's sure not working for me. ?The little beams even look like they're touching it, but it's just not exploding or whatever it's supposed to do.

Comments

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    You're supposed to pull the switch next to the trap in order for it to explode when the target is close enough, otherwise nothing will happen. I don't think you did anything wrong when placing it out though.

EDIT: The gems you're placing out are supposed to go from the closest grappling-target to the trap in the middle.. but you probably understood that.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    That's exactly what I'm doing, but even though I see the beams intersect the Mimic while it's in the red circle, it's just not going down. I suppose I'll just wait for 1.60 to come out. There are a lot of seemingly-random bugs that only kick in under very specific circumstances.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    Hmm? 1.61 was just recently released. Maybe you should check that one out.
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
This discussion has been closed.