If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Suikoden III

Evil King StanEvil King Stan MemberFull Members
edited December 2003 in General Help & Advice
I'm at that big boss that looks like a giant crystal bird, with 4 or 5 orbs floating around it mad.gif I don't know if I'm underleveled, picked bad party members or what, but I'm about ready to tear the game into pieces.

Anyone have any tips or strategies?? Characters or magic that would be useful or something? The party I'm using at the moment, I think, is Geddoe, Jacques, Queen, Fred, Rody, and Sasari.

Comments

• SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Okay, this is how I did it...

It is quite obvious that you want to take out the water crystal first, since it heals the other parts.

Although, since the Lightning Crystal has less Hp than the others, destroy that one first. If you do that, you can then use Lightning spells without being crushed... and thus inflict much more damage to the water crystal.

Do this EVEN if the Water Crystal will continue to revive the Lightning Crystal. Just do things over, the damage you did to the water crystal isn't gone. After you've destroyed the water crystal, the battle is pathetic.

Still, concentrate on one crystal at a time, and do not try to go for the big bird until you've destroyed them all.

By the way... I think you've figured it out by now, but "<span class="spoiler">that's thte final boss</span>".
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • Evil King StanEvil King Stan Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    THANK YOU. ?I've been having such a hard time with that stupid thing, I'll give this strategy a try. ?For such an annoying boss, the game better hace a good ending tounge.gif

Thanks again.

Oh yeah, and what level were your characters? I'm scared that I might be underlevel confused.gif

edited November 2003
    I don't remember... I haven't touched it since I finished it. Maybe around 60.

• SesshoumaruSesshoumaru Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I thought you were talking about the Water Dragon at first

I used Chris, Geddoe, Futch and Bright (Teamed Together), and Hugo and Fubar (Teamed Together) and bashed the damn thing and "<span class="spoiler">Hugo had the True Fire Rune</span>"
  • King Jowy XXIIKing Jowy XXII Regnus Obscura Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Here's how I did it: Hugo with True Water, Geddoe with True Lightning, Chris with True Fire (an effectively useless rune in this battle to begin with.)

Now to start, you really need to weather the storm, so to spreak...the first few rounds will be murder, so pick characters that can ride it out. My extra three were Landis, Aila, and Leo.

Leo, if built up right, should practically be invincible: here's a guy who could take on each elemental attack with maybe a 1 to 12 HP damage to show for it and still have enough presence of mind to smack the hell out of the Water Crystal. Once that thing is down, the rest is all a matte of people's choice. wink.gif

Now, Hugo and Aila, if given the proper healing runes, should focus on doing NOTHING but healing...if you drop down 200 to 250 HP in a round, then heal s'more...and don't be shy about doubling up the healing spells, either, since Aila is a lot quicker of a caster than hugo will ever dream of becoming...and that bird can do a hell of a lot of damage in the 'tween times.

Landis I kept on board, truthfully, because he was the 104th Star that I recruited. (Just wander into the woods with an extra spot open my @$;$...six HOURS later he decides to show up...)

Anyway, between Leo being a tank, Chris doing (hopefully, if you built her up, three or four strikes per) and Geddo pounding the ever-loving crap out of the other spehers with heavy True Lightning spells, you should make do in decent time.

Oh, by the way, Stan...how did you get to keep Sasarai in your party at the very end? The game forced me to lose him and let him go off with Thomas, Cecile and Dios. I'd REALLY like to have him in my final group, as well.
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Jowy XXII @ Nov. 27 2003,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Oh, by the way, Stan...how did you get to keep Sasarai in your party at the very end? ?The game forced me to lose him and let him go off with Thomas, Cecile and Dios. ?I'd REALLY like to have him in my final group, as well.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'd like to know that too.. I finished the game with all 108 stars, but Sasari wasn't one of them. Were there certain characters you could keep who weren't stars of destiny? How is that possible according to the plot?
  • Evil King StanEvil King Stan Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    Eh? You guys couldn't use Sasari??? I couldn't use him when I was doing the cavess with Chris and Hugo, but when I did the last cave thing with Geddoe, he was available for me to use.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I don't remember... I haven't touched it since I finished it. Maybe around 60.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Yikes, my characters are only around level 42
    edited November 2003
    Come to think of it... some of the 108 stars might ?change depending on who you chose to be your main character in chapter 5.

EDIT: Level 42? Go kill some of those optional bosses or something then.... they are scattered in a few caverns on places where the old bosses were.

• SugarmanxSugarmanx Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    I'm not sure if you're still struggling with the "bird", but as for the four orbs, when you get down to the Earth Rune, "<span class="spoiler">DO NOT cast magic on it !!! Why ? Because it will reflect that magic back to you.</span>"

...if you already passed it, you can ignore it biggrin.gif

I used Hugo (with True Flame rune), Chris, Geddoe, Fubar, Piccolo, and that one guy with the shield (I forgot his name...)
  • bebop007bebop007 Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sugarmanx @ Nov. 27 2003,10:20)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'm not sure if you're still struggling with the "bird", but as for the four orbs, when you get down to the Earth Rune, "<span class="spoiler">DO NOT cast magic on it !!! Why ? Because it will reflect that magic back to you.</span>"

...if you already passed it, you can ignore it biggrin.gif

I used Hugo (with True Flame rune), Chris, Geddoe, Fubar, Piccolo, and that one guy with the shield (I forgot his name...)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Are you talking about Mua, I used him too, because of his ridiculously high defense. I think I used him, Hallec, Leo, Hugo, Estelle, and Edge
    \"We're about to stage an attack on technology worthy of being chronicled in an anthem by Rush!\"
  • SugarmanxSugarmanx Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bebop007 @ Nov. 27 2003,10:48)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Are you talking about Mua, I used him too, because of his ridiculously high defense. I think I used him, Hallec, Leo, Hugo, Estelle, and Edge[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Mua ! That's his name smile.gif

Yes, he was strong as heck ! He was a good person to use in certain parts of the game.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    *doesn't remember even bothering with any but the crystals that got in his way which sort of got vaporized* If you take the speed demon squad (All of the people with ridiculously high slash and small attack delay) you can get 30-36 hits a round of medium-high damage. Anything pretty much disintegrates quickly under that.

Dracos
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited December 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Solon @ Nov. 27 2003,03:59)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Jowy XXII @ Nov. 27 2003,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Oh, by the way, Stan...how did you get to keep Sasarai in your party at the very end? ?The game forced me to lose him and let him go off with Thomas, Cecile and Dios. ?I'd REALLY like to have him in my final group, as well.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'd like to know that too.. I finished the game with all 108 stars, but Sasari wasn't one of them. Were there certain characters you could keep who weren't stars of destiny? How is that possible according to the plot?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Umm just because he went off with the others doesn't mean he wasn't a star. If you leave before you fight the real boss you can return with Sasarai.
    edited December 2003
    EDIT: Gah. Nevermind. I misunderstood.. Ignore this post.