The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Emerald and Ruby help?

fatchickenfatchicken MemberFull Members
edited November 2003 in General Help & Advice
any tips for how to beat these psychos?

Comments

• Yo-Yo KirbyYo-Yo Kirby Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Of all the methods I've read, this has got to be the simplest, safest, and least AP-consuming way to kill Ruby.

Here's all that you'll need:

- MASTERED Command Counter Materia paired with Mime
    (Not the counterattack materia. The "Command Counter" is a blue materia)
    - Knights of the Round paired with HP Absorb.
    - Enough HP and defense so you don't die in one hit. *Heh*
    - High magic rating. (200+)
    - Ribbon. (Very, very important!!)

Optional. (You don't have to do this, but otherwise, the battle will take a LONG time)
    - 2 Knights of the Round Charges
    - W-Summon
    - Master Summon paired with MP Turbo (on different slots than the regular
    KOTR one)

Okay! Now, here's what you do:

Before you start the fight, kill off your other two party members. When you start the fight, simply cast Knights of the Round (W-summon or without) on Ruby Weapon or the tentacles. Then take a nap, come back in about 15 minutes, and Ruby Weapon be dead! laugh.gif

Everytime Cloud *Or whoever* gets hit, he will counter with KOTR and regain tons of HP.
    This method will work against Emerald too, provided you have the Underwater Materia and a light set of Materia so Aire Tyre Dam doesn't do 9999 damage to you. *Shudder*
    Also because you probably don't have the Master Summon you'll need a high Magic Rating because KOTR isn't MP Turbo'ed. I find it much easier to do the well known KOTR-Mime-As-Fast-As-You-Can way to kill him... although you need a bit of luck.
    So.... good luck!

(And next time, post things like these in the Game Help forum, okay?)

~ Yo-Yo Kirby out
  • fatchickenfatchicken Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    thanx, i'll use the correct forum next time. biggrin.gif
  • WindWind Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    Sorry, can't help you there. I never ever beat Ruby wepon and don't even get me started on Emerald weapon, everytime I fight Emerald the very first thing he does is Air Tram ( or whatever it is called, it has been a long time since I have played FFVII ) which does 9999 hp damage ( ie. instant death ) to all the characters in my party. How the hell am I suposed to defend myself from somthing like that?
  • Holy DragoonHoly Dragoon Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    For Emerald...

Gear: 3 mime materia (it'll take you awhile, but having three makes Emerald a breeze) KOTR (of course) W-summon (on the guy with KOTR) and a final attack/pheonix summon combo. Being level 75+ helps, but I've beaten him on a much lower level. Equip any armor, weapons, or materia that raises magic attack. Having HP absorb on the guy with KOTR, and having KOTR itself on level 2+ helps also.

Just have the person with all the important materia (KOTR, w-summon, HP absorb) go first, then just keep miming over and over again, if you die, start the sequence again after reviving through pheonix.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited September 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wind @ Sep. 23 2003,06:48)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Air Tram ( or whatever it is called, it has been a long time since I have played FFVII ) which does 9999 hp damage ( ie. instant death ) to all the characters in my party. How the hell am I ?suposed to defend myself from somthing like that?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The trick is that Aire Tam Storm does 1111 per materia equipped, hinted at by Aire Tam being Materia spelled backwards with a space added.
  • ShadowKnight28ShadowKnight28 Banned Banned Users
    edited October 2003
    Darn a little late on this one. Ruby and Emerald are different setups for me. First off get Hp Absorb and equip a Knights of the Rnd with that. Then this is the pain in the butt part make three mime materia so the other guys can keep miming the same thing without using MP even the guy that started Knights of the Rnd Table. Also you will need another Knights of the round table Summon Materia to equip W-Summon with. As long as you keep miming the attacks your pretty much all set.

Now for Ruby Have the same set up only this time have a Phoenix summon equipped to the character that is not using Knights of the Rnd. Kill your main ally and the other character there purposely so you can change his form. Then when it gets it his form, Use Pheonix Summon.
    Also make sure you have your Elemental absorb materia at least past three levels for each person (want to make sure everyone is alive to keep miming) and equip a fire materia to it. THen you should have him after a long 15 mins or so.
  • edited November 2003
    thats just about what i was going to say, ive beat both weapons a few times there realy hard plus i would like to add Final Attack with Pheonix masterd this way you can come back if you do die at any point i did die even though i had Hp Absorb on.
    edited November 2003
    No no don't have Pheonix as a final attack. Reason why is if one of your characters has it, and you want to mime Knights of the Round Table it will mime pheonix again and you could have problems there! I made these mistakes already lol. Don't want to see that happen again. Mime is good but you can't make it mime what you want once another type of magic or summon is activated.

Equip the fire materia with elemental. That will absorb Rubie's fire attack. Hp Absorb fills you up to 9999 every time so there really is no need for final attack anyway.
  • espenbjespenbj New Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    They are almost impossible to defeat, so you should give them everything you got! Final Attack, Phoenix and Underwater(for emerald weapon) are the most important materias you need!
  • IsraelIsrael Member Full Members
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Air Tram ( or whatever it is called, it has been a long time since I have played FFVII ) which does 9999 hp damage ( ie. instant death ) to all the characters in my party. How the hell am I suposed to defend myself from somthing like that? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I remember the last time I fought Emerald Weapon he used Aire Tam Storm on my group and I thought I was wiped out, but I was surprised here: he did got rid of Tifa and Vincent, but THE ATTACK MISSED CLOUD!!! I was very surprised, but I just casted KOTR again and so: Hasta la vista, baby!

To beat Ruby I used a terribly dangerous strategy (it is way too defensive). It consists of allowing Ruby to wipe out two of yor party members leaving alive the one with Master Summon and Enemy Skill alive. With Enemy Skill you can use Big Guard (taken from the Poddler-like monsters from the Saucer's beaches), which uses Wall and Haste, making your only fighter faster. You defeat the two tentacles (this has to be done several times, therefore someone with 4xcut or rather, Cloud's Omnislash, are the greatest bets). Ruby retracts them and you wait for a Comet2. If it does minimal damage, counterattack with KOTR (W-Summon obviously). If it does much harm (about 2000+ HP) use an X-Potion. Ruby Weapon will eventually release the tentacles, but you have to make him retract them. On the fifth time, use Bahamut-ZERO instead because I got a fail system when I defeated him like that. Take the risk: let Ruby raise his tentacles and use KOTR again, it may counterattack with Ultima or it may vanish. Be careful: you will need SEVERAL Turbo Ethers and X-Potions. It is way too risky and slow, but it worked when I did it.
    edited November 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (espenbj @ Nov. 13 2003,04:56)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"They are almost impossible to defeat, so you should give them everything you got! Final Attack, Phoenix and Underwater(for emerald weapon) are the most important materias you need![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Ok no offense dude I understand what your saying but Pheonix won't help if you are using Mime. ?Unless you plan on duplicating over 10 different Knights of the Round table, and have enough Mp to back it all up. ?

Let me explain if more in detail here because some people are lost. ?Sure have Phoenix equipped but not as final attack. ?If your in the middle of miming Knights of the Round table then after the attack one of your guys gets attacked and killed, that character will use final attack and revive. ?Yeah it's good he revived but the next person to go will also use Pheonix! ?Because you already have them set for mime. ?So mime mimes any move that was last done. ?Since Pheonix summon was the last move that will be mimed. ?You also don't harm the big boss. ?IT does hardly any damage with Pheonix fire. ?Now the boss can attack you and kill you again. ?Then you are forced to revive your character again! ?You can't mime Pheonix, or you pay the price! ?If you plan to use Pheonix as a final attack then your going to need allot more. ?Instead of just having one guy with Knights of the Round, you will need all 3 to have it, one equipped to Hp absorb, and the other equipped to Mp Absorb, then the one equipped with the W-summon Materia. ?Multiply this by 3. ?You will need 9 Knights of the Rnd Table, 9 W-Summon Materia, 3 Pheonix Materia, 3 Final Attack Materia, 3 elemental materia maxed out, 3 Fire materia maxed out to absorb the fire attack, and all three characters have to have Mime materia. ?All these take forever to master. ?Even with Triple x the ap. ?I believe that would be just a waist of time. ?IF your worried about magic power, just equip the materia or relic that powers up magic.