If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Japandemonium - Famous Monsters

AlexAlex MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
Hey all. This weeks Japandemonium is up, and it focuses on the panoply of game events that are going down in Japan right now.

Here's a link to the column

Comments

• EsperathEsperath New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Since Japandemonium is a regular column, shouldn't it receive its own little slot on the right section bar? ?It's certainly updated more often than most of the other established sections.
  • Web JanitorWeb Janitor New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I rather like this series. I find it interesting to know what our Japanese counterparts are getting that we don't. It also makes me go green with anger, yes, anger, as I see what I don't get to have! ~_^' Keep up the nice work.
  • AlexAlex Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Thanks for the encouragement. I find it very interesting to contrast how video games are perceived by the mainstream over here compared to Japan. They seem to have a lot more of a culture surrounding games whereas over here there are just a lot of people that buy games. This is starting to change, but I think it's going to be a long time before we have, say. an autograph session with the team behind Metroid Prime (just picking a random US dev team here).

As for a section on the right-side interaction bar, we are currently trying to figure out exactly where to put it. There is a lot of behind-the-scenes work going on at the moment, so we should decide on something soon. I hope. The poor archive page is continuously overlooked.
  • mogforevermogforever Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    i look forward to this column everyweek since it started. Japan is the birthplace of all the best video games(that's why im moving there,to Akihabara in particular...heehee). for those more cultured about their video games, like me, keep it up.