If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Mythri Finds A Publisher

SDHeroSDHero MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
Hey! It's finally getting published!! Go check the front page and corresponding story for more info!!!

Comments

• RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I've been waiting for this for a long time. With as tight-lipped as Tomm's been, I'd wager there's one heckuva battle system in this sucker, and I know he can write, too.
  • XIONXION Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    what is this? I've never heard of this game.Looks old
  • Skye WulfeSkye Wulfe New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    As for what Mythri is, it's a game that was developed about 2 years back by new gaming group, called XKalibur, which was boasted by RPGamer as a true gem that seemingly had a lot of great things going for it. Only problem is, XKalibur couldn't find themselves a publisher, as many weren't willing to publish the game. I think there also was a petition that could be signed to show that there was a growing base for people to get this game, or something like that.

Since Mythri couldn't get a publisher, it kinda fell off the radar of RPGs in general.

And it's about time Mythri finally managed to snag a publisher. I was hoping a publisher would finally take this game and deliver it to us, because I'm still wanting to see this game. Happy that Variant Interactive was kind enough to do so.

Took several years, but meh. Although, it'll be a year after now, because it has to be upgraded to GBA, but I'm
    happy to just get my greedy, grubby hands on it.

<insert evil Kefka-like laugh here>
  • Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    I predict that it will look like a GBC R.P.G., but use the GBA's FMV capabilities for the cutscenes.
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    what a lack of faith. Sadly you may be correct. Nevertheless we can hope that it will have a complete overhaul. Wish it was released a couple years ago though. Mythri would have been somthing worth playing during the drawn out dry spells in the console market. Though with things going the way they are now, after Xenosaga, i dont see much on the menu. I guess i could wish for its release THIS december. oh well.... next year it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    Hey, nice. I'm ashamed to say I had forgotten about this game, but now I remember looking forward to it. I guess this means I'll definately have to get myself a new GBA, since mine was lost recently *sob*. Oh well, guess I'll just console myself with Metroid Prime for now... tounge.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Q. Mulative @ Dec. 05 2002,06:45)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I predict that it will look like a GBC R.P.G., but use the GBA's FMV capabilities for the cutscenes.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Actually, to the best of my knowledge the GBA is almost, but not quite, powerful enough to do FMV. There's only one mode for bitmapped graphics, and when you're in that mode you are almost able to draw frames quickly enough, but not quite; add in the fact that the FMV would have to be compressed because the carts are so small and you quickly get to the point where you'd have something like quarter-screen FMV (which would just look bad).
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    Hi all, Tomm at Team XKalibur pointed me to this news article. Glad to know we've got your support. Tell all your friends and colleagues. Mythri will rock your socks off. It'll be a great stocking stuffer, too. wink.gif

Feel free to stop by our site and have a look around, Mythri isn't alone on there. We're ready to make a mark.

Warm regards,
    Cristopher W. Boyer
    Variant Interactive
    www.variantinteractive.com
  • MRHDMRHD Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Congrats to Team XKalibur for finding a publisher for Mythri at long last. I remember being interested in the game when it was first shown on this site, you can bet that I'll be among the first to buy it.:)
  • AnjelikaAnjelika Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Mythri will rock your socks off[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

These are great news for me, since i already have to buy the GC for FFCChronicles anyway and rpg?s are my thing, this title comes to me more than welcome!

[edit: oooh, i got it all wrong!! i just visited variantinteractive
    and realized the game is for GBAdvanced
    nevertheless, since in order to play FFTacticsAdvanced i have to buy the GC and the cable to play it on tv, i might well get this title too]

• Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2002
    At first, I thought Tomm was yanking my chain.
    But they really did get a publisher, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I've been DYING to play the game since we heard about it back in summer 2000.

As an added bonus, through this game came the knowledge of GBC character limits on a line. And that my name is too long for it. Bugger.

I'm definitely picking up this gem as soon as it hits the shelves. It looked good on the GBC, so I'm anxious to see what the new screens will look like.
  • SpikingZeroSpikingZero Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    That's a nice surprise. Good for them. It shows that hard work really does pay off. They've waited a long time for this, and I certainly hope that this game becomes a huge success!

40 hours of hand-held gameplay; what more could you ask for? biggrin.gif
  • CyberSkullCyberSkull Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Heh, my friend is gonna croak when he hears this news, he's been waiting so long.
    Sincerely,
    Your Dread Lord
    FF6-CyberSkull_Medium_Sig.gif
    Un-Certified Looney, Heretic @ Large, etc…
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    *stares in shock*

Wow! I was one of the people working on the GBC version, doing graphics, and... this is the first I've heard from anyone about Mythri in a long time. I'd email Tomm and Keith and all to say congrats, but I don't know if they're still on the same email addresses, so uh... I'll say it here and hope someone points them to it. =) Good going, guys!

(And uh, let me know what's up with the graphics... andrea@thenortherncrater.com . Sorry to have had to change addys so many times - if I'd had my way, I'd never have changed it at all.)
  • Lao TseLao Tse Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Yea, this is totally cool- seems like it's been forever.

Finally!

wow.gif
  • bgbbgb New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Finally. I'm so glad they found a publisher--The screens were great and it definietely looks like it will be a good game. Perhaps the two years were indeed worth waiting. I'm just pleased Team XKalibur's effort will be paid off smile.gif