If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Minor Gripe Thread

Comments

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Really? I might have to try them. Just as long as they're not as expensive as Subways.

That's the real reason Jarrod was able to lose all that weight. He went broke buying food from Subways!
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Coincidentally, I just saw one of the Quiznos commercials in question and I think it's the most entertaining commercial I've seen in years. But then again, I am a sucker for weird humor.
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    My pet peeve?

Old time veterans on the forums who think they can humiliate us newbies publicly!

EDIT: IOW, Us newbies have enough on our plates. Bad netiquette is embarrassing enough without help. Couldn't you veterans just PM the newbies and tell them about their netiquette breaches? That's what I do (mostly)!

• DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I sometimes get annoyed with people who don't realize that they do more to make themselves look bad than I could ever do to them. Especially when I haven't even done anything spectacular.
  • RainaRaina Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Girls who wear incredibly short skirts, they can't possibly be a skirt, and bend over improperly in public! I mean to each his own, but please ladies I don't need to see your hoo-ha. It's all about being discreet. *shudder*
  • Options
    edited February 2004
    How about total strangers on the net?

I just got talking with a certain Jane Doe. I was a guest at a computer and she got me all flustered because she thought I was someone else. Not that that's a bad thing, but I get nervous around females like that. :blush:

Another pet peeve:

Not enough smiley codes here. As the above shows, we need some more smileys (like blush? Some of us need those).
  • SilentwolfSilentwolf Only Silence Full Members
    edited February 2004
    people using the [me] tags toooo much REALLY gets on my nerves. Also people posting just for the heck of it, ALL the time. I mean sometimes is okay, but absolutely everytime you get on, every thread, every forum, posts just for the sake of posting. GGRRR
    Every sailor knows the tale
    of those becalmed at sea
    though at peace they can be found
    at peace they never be.
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Raina @ Feb. 22 2004,16:09)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Girls who wear incredibly short skirts, they can't possibly be a skirt, and bend over improperly in public! I mean to each his own, but please ladies I don't need to see your hoo-ha. It's all about being discreet. *shudder*[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That bugs me too!, I saw a girl with one so short the other day, I could see her ass! They look more like a tiny strip of fabric wrapped around them, than a skirt! Leave something to the imagination lol.
  • JudgementJudgement Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    There are *ahem* certain short skirts I can abide by (the ones female tennis players used to wear with the pleats phwoor tounge.gif ) But Skirts that are excessivly short just seem like a waist of money and make perfectly nice looking ladies into (pardon my use of british slang) "Slappers".

Oh and my latest gripe PEOPLE WHO DON'T STOP TO SEE IF YOUR OKAY WHEN THEY HIT YOU WITH THEIR CAR. Last Friday around lunchtime I was crossing the road at a crossing no less the light was red when a big silver "I'm an expensive car that's driven by a complete T**T that pays no attention to traffic laws because the don't apply to me" came speeding through and clipped me on the side and sent me spinning. THE T**T DIDN'T STOP he just sped away leaving me stunnned and in pain. I ws helped by the bemused onlookers and went home from their. LUCKILY I only have bruising up the left side of my body (really black ones not nice) and some internal bruising around my stomach. I now have another reason to hate bad RICH drivers. mad.gif

You have awakened the sleeper May God forgive those who go against his Judgement
    and may God show You mercy and compassion For I shall show you none........
  • King Luca BlightKing Luca Blight Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Man, too bad you didn't get his tag number. You could probably still report him and he could lose his license, and you could slap a lawsuit on him. Go up to his house kick the door and when he answers slap the paper on his face and say, "You got served!" He might laugh...or be really mad and get his really "good" lawyer.
    edited February 2004
    Supposedly easy to open resealable packages...I tore the strip on the chicken nuggets package and it ripped off, and I couldn't open it. I had to cut it open with scissors...yeah easy to open, sure!
  • LobstrosityLobstrosity Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Malango @ Feb. 23 2004,05:55)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Raina @ Feb. 22 2004,16:09)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Girls who wear incredibly short skirts, they can't possibly be a skirt, and bend over improperly in public! I mean to each his own, but please ladies I don't need to see your hoo-ha. It's all about being discreet. *shudder*[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That bugs me too!, I saw a girl with one so short the other day, I could see her ass! They look ?more like a tiny strip of fabric wrapped around them, than a skirt! Leave something to the imagination lol.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Don't tell me I'm the only one who goes for that? I'm a total perv and a voyear. If a woman wants to wear revealing clothes around me in public, she's welcome.

Anyway, my two cents for the day is this: it's damn hard finding a job. I picked the worst time to be a lazy video game addict. Why couldn't I have been a workaholic? Addiction is a funny thing.
    edited February 2004
    Ads that say stuff is free and then in small print they have a shipping and handling charge. Uhh, I think they need to look up the definition of free in the dictionary again. laugh.gif
  • MalangoMalango Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Today.. grrrrr.
    edited February 2004
    People who live in your building that smoke in the hallway! That's what your OWN apartment is for! Sheesh!
    edited February 2004
    Senior citizens eat free at my univerisity cafeteria. If I saw them once in a while I wouldnt mind BUT they fill the lunch room up, take all the parking places (as if I have a car), get in the way, move slower than time, and they smell bad!!! There is a retirement home not even a walk away but could they instead eat at the Holiday House (which is next door to their home) they eat free at my school. Isn't a senior discount enough? What about my SS?
  • Silky WaysSilky Ways Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    Well there are no young hotties at the Holiday house, are there? tounge.gif
    edited February 2004
    Well, that sent a paralyzing chill up my spine...heh heh laugh.gif
  • Silky WaysSilky Ways Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Luca Blight @ Feb. 24 2004,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Well, that sent a paralyzing chill up my spine...heh heh laugh.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Good! Mission accomplished then! *Starts munchin on prey*

EDIT: If I munched on "pray" then all my FFX-2 battles would no longer be victorious...

edited February 2004
    Guys who think it is perfectly okay to grab a girl's bum who they don't know! And in public no less! I pulled an anime type routine and elbowed him in the stomach! Darn it! Perverts everywhere!!! >_<
  • TheFoxTheFox Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    On Monday morning when people talk to me about the night out they had on Saturday in incredible depth...I might seem mean here but THEY don't care what I did over the weekend! Raaar its every week so annoying!
  • DominoDomino Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    I hate it how my girlfriend is always awake when I try to go outside at night to modify my wheelchair to have a motor. She will not let me go anywhere on my own because she does not seem to trust me to keep safe. I tell that I appreciate all she is doing, and that I know she just wants me to keep safe, but she still won't leave me alone. I had to lock her out of my room for at least some privacy. Why do girlfriends worry so much?
  • fuct4lessfuct4less Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Domino @ Feb. 25 2004,20:47)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Why do girlfriends worry so much?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    because they care ;)
    edited February 2004
    Yep and wives care too. You should see me with Chris sometimes. *lol* He says it makes him nuts, but overall he's grateful that there's someone there to incessantly bug him to throw on his jacket so he doesn't catch a cold. laugh.gif
  • An FF OriginalAn FF Original Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Raina @ Feb. 25 2004,08:42)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Guys who think it is perfectly okay to grab a girl's bum who they don't know! And in public no less! I pulled an anime type routine and elbowed him in the stomach! Darn it! Perverts everywhere!!! >_<[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    My mom told me about a guy on a moped who randomly grabbed her breast in Rome....

And if I saw a guy do that to a woman, I'd either laughed when she hit him, or hit him myself if she didn't. That's just rude.
    edited February 2004
    A Minor gripe? Being outposted! *grumble* yeah, that does it...
    of those becalmed at sea
    at peace they never be.
    edited February 2004
    I have minor gripe...taking a shower sitting down, while under supervison.
  • An FF OriginalAn FF Original Member Full Members
    edited February 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Domino @ Feb. 26 2004,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I have minor gripe...taking a shower sitting down, while under supervison.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'm sorry, what did you do to deserve that?
    edited February 2004
    Read my previous posts here. Mika wont let me out of her sight after I tried to race with a cast on my leg and ended up in a wheelchair.
    edited February 2004
    MWAHAHAHAHA tounge.gif laugh.gif Domino you goof!
    of those becalmed at sea
    at peace they never be.