The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

The Minor Gripe Thread

Comments

• RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    You should be glad you weren't punched in the face for ruining a perfectly good Bizet composition.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    I have not enough good reason to provide exceeding amounts of violence upon random people. Life is too good. It is making me soft.

Dracos
    Needs his flaming edge to live! =P
    edited October 2004
    Coders who I cannot kill mercilessly who do not follow a simple checkout list.

That and hand merging a two thousand line file >_<

Dracos
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    back pain from whiplash in a car accident. Its been weeks now and the pain won't go away.

What's really fun? I'm allergic to the anti-inflammories the doctor can give me. I found out the hard way.
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited October 2004
    I hate not being able to sleep when I have to be at work in the morning.

At this point, I predict that I get 3-4 hours at the most.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • DragonsoulDragonsoul Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
    Sounds rough, SoG. I'm not geting much sleep either, though, that's probably because of my over-writing at nights. *laughs* Here's to hoping both of us gets the much needed rest! *lifts a pillow*
  • edited November 2004
    My gripe of the day concerns oral presentations, and it isn't necessarily the presentation itself that irks me. Rather, it's the buildup. I mean, sure you got all your facts down straight and you're ready to face whatever argument that gets thrown at you. But until you do present, the pressure is on you. Very little can get rid of that ever-present nervous feeling. I HATE it! I just want it to be over with already!
    edited November 2004
    Kill someone.

Works for me.

Dracos
    Join or Die. =D And I'm not speaking figuratively!
  • DominoDomino Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
    Absentee ballots in Florida wont be fully counted until Thursday.
  • DragonsoulDragonsoul Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
    Daily rant/complaint:

Really, really dumb people. Okay, so I was going through the company mail today when I happened upon an envelop that had no return address. I opened it and inside is the company flyer that is torn to shreds with a simple message:

I sue if you send more papers!

Okay, the stupidity of that should be self-evident--without any information, how the hell is the company suppose to know what address NOT to send the mail next time? I mean I don't blame this person (whoever the hell it is) for not wanting junk mail. I don't either. But I'm not an idiot. I always send a letter, with my information, to the company requesting a cease to all correspondence. That almost always works.

Apparently, that's too hard for some people. *dies*
  • KarlinnKarlinn Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
    I hate getting inspiration.

At 3 in the morning when I'm about to go to sleep.

Every day for the last week or so >_<

*goes off to kill his muse*
    edited November 2004
    I know that feeling.

Dracos
  • Zidane TribalZidane Tribal Banned Banned Users
    edited November 2004
    I hate the fact that they're making Resident Evil 4 for the PS2 instead of the GameCube. What's the use of owning a Nintendo system these days? I would get Viewtiful Joe but they have a PS2 port with Dante from Devil May Cry. sad.gif mad.gif
  • JohnJohn Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
    You know what makes me angry?(in compliance with topic) No Ape Escape 3. And after became so use to the odd weirdness and awkward homosexuality of playing with two joysticks instead of one I can't continue my fetish for such titles.

WHAT OTHER GAMES RUN OFF OF A DOUBLE JOYSTICK SYSTEM? HONESTLY?!
  • PersonThingPersonThing Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited November 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Zidane Tribal @ Nov. 23 2004,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I hate the fact that they're making Resident Evil 4 for the PS2 instead of the GameCube. What's the use of owning a Nintendo system these days? I would get Viewtiful Joe but they have a PS2 port with Dante from Devil May Cry. sad.gif mad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Biohazard (Resident Evil) 4 is still coming out for the Gamecube (In N.A. on January 11). Capcom just had an overwhelming response from PS2 owners and therefore felt it stupid on their part to leave them out of the mix.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madhtr @ Nov. 25 2004,03:32)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Zidane Tribal @ Nov. 23 2004,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I hate the fact that they're making Resident Evil 4 for the PS2 instead of the GameCube. What's the use of owning a Nintendo system these days? I would get Viewtiful Joe but they have a PS2 port with Dante from Devil May Cry. sad.gif ?mad.gif[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Biohazard (Resident Evil) 4 is still coming out for the Gamecube (In N.A. on January 11). Capcom just had an overwhelming response from PS2 owners and therefore felt it stupid on their part to leave them out of the mix.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Phew! Thanks madhtr! That makes feel so much better! smile.gif

I guess I should post a gripe so I won't spam here. I hate the fact that SD Gundam is no longer on Cartoon Network. What I'm pleased to know is that it's out on DVD now. Yippee!
  • Tigron111Tigron111 Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Zidane Tribal @ Nov. 25 2004,09:50)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I guess I should post a gripe so I won't spam here. I hate the fact that SD Gundam is no longer on Cartoon Network. What I'm pleased to know is that it's out on DVD now. Yippee![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    What? You guys have had more than Gundam wing and endless waltz (which are both of still good examples of anime) on cartoon network?confused.gif I can't even find VHS let alone DVD titles of anything aside from these. It also bit hard when endless waltz finished for the last time over here.
  • FISHFISH Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    You know what really really gets under my skin... Anime Dubs... I mean sure there are some good dubs like Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop but... there are alot more bad dubs... its not so much the fact its in English it is the fact that they have to edit things or change things they just don't need to be changed. For example 4KIDS (must kill, must kill, MUST KILL); they screwed with Shaman King, Card Captor Sakura, Yu-Gi-Oh, One Peice, etc... What the hell was wrong with Card Captor Sakura anyways? Why did they change the names, leave out important episodes, and start from the middle? And FUNimation likes to do things like that too... like Case Closed (or better known by its real title; Detective Conan)... they felt it nessary to change names, WHY!? And it doesn't just end there... going back to 4KIDS and their choice of voice actors... ... *shudders* THEY HAVE HORRIBLE TASTE!!! Shaman King; Why the hell does Tao Ren have a fake British accent? One Peice; Why does Luppy sound like a five year old? I just really really hate these dubbing... of course its mostly 4KIDS that does it... (and they will die... for one other reason as well... has anyone even heard the real opening for Shaman King? ITS SO MUCH FREAKING BETTER THEN THAT CRAP THEY PLAY!!! *huff* *puff*)

But yeah... thats just my opinion (that a crap load of anime fanatics agree with)...
  • Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"And FUNimation likes to do things like that too... like Case Closed (or better known by its real title; Detective Conan)... they felt it nessary to change names, WHY!?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Probably so Americans could keep track of all the numerous characters' names easier.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • Matt1plus1Matt1plus1 Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    Minor gripe, eh, I've got one..

I dislike the fact that my work will not give me my first paycheck. I was hired through a 3rd party personnel place, and supposedly my check from last week was supposed to be delivered to my workplace today. That didn't happen. And I really, really, really need some money right now. I'm not sure if I was confused, and the check will actually be mailed to me, in which case it may be in my PO box as we speak (and I'll soon be checking for it), but at any rate..I'm annoyed at it all.

In fact, it makes me feel like Milton Waddams in "Office Space". So if these bastards start eying my red Swingline stapler I'm just going to start throwing punches.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    This isn't just a minor gripe, but many! All at once!
    They all come from the same source though: one of my co-workers.

I've soon worked at this place for 2 years, yet this underdeveloped.....creature....still acts like it's my first day, every single time we meet. "You can use that computer if you want to", "Is everything allright?!?! Are you sure you can handle this tiny pathetic task that any five year old kid could complete alone without instructions?!"

Not only that, she also talks way too much. Oh man, if there's something I don't like... it's when people talk too much. This woman talks so damn much I'm surprised there's anything left for the REST OF THE WORLD TO SAY after she's finally done.

And all the stupid questions.... just now, 2 minutes ago, she asked me if I was related to some COMPLETE stranger she read about in a newspaper. ...WHAT?! What's wrong with you?!

As a final note, she is the type that freaks out. All the time. Whenever someone arrives at the E.R (I work at a hospital), and I recieve the note, she comes to me and asks a bunch of questions about what's up. Nothing is up. Nothing. Why do you care?! Why do you pester me like that? Leave me alone. Argh.

Okay, so that was a bit more than a minor gripe.

EDIT: Heh. It's so typical... when I'm sitting here typing this, she screams from the other side of the office "OMG YOU TYPE SO FAST!! HEY HOW DID YOU LEARN THAT?? HUH?? DAMN YOU'RE GOOD AT THAT!! HEY COME ON!! HAHAHAHAHAH"

.....Help.

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Solon @ Dec. 04 2004,06:23)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"This isn't just a minor gripe, but many! All at once!
    They all come from the same source though: one of my co-workers.

I've soon worked at this place for 2 years, yet this underdeveloped.....creature....still acts like it's my first day, every single time we meet. "You can use that computer if you want to", "Is everything allright?!?! Are you sure you can handle this tiny pathetic task that any five year old kid could complete alone without instructions?!"

Not only that, she also talks way too much. Oh man, if there's something I don't like... it's when people talk too much. This woman talks so damn much I'm surprised there's anything left for the REST OF THE WORLD TO SAY after she's finally done.

And all the stupid questions.... just now, 2 minutes ago, she asked me if I was related to some COMPLETE stranger she read about in a newspaper. ...WHAT?! What's wrong with you?!

As a final note, she is the type that freaks out. All the time. Whenever someone arrives at the E.R (I work at a hospital), and I recieve the note, she comes to me and asks a bunch of questions about what's up. Nothing is up. Nothing. Why do you care?! Why do you pester me like that? Leave me alone. Argh.

Okay, so that was a bit more than a minor gripe.

EDIT: Heh. It's so typical... when I'm sitting here typing this, she screams from the other side of the office "OMG YOU TYPE SO FAST!! HEY HOW DID YOU LEARN THAT?? HUH?? DAMN YOU'RE GOOD AT THAT!! HEY COME ON!! HAHAHAHAHAH"

.....Help.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Don't get angry at me......... but what you just typed was easily the greatest thing i've read this year. I totally cracked up....... Again, I'm sorry.
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • djangodjango New Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    t annoys me is people that try to speak l33t but are not l33t enough to speak it and people that try to mix l33t5p34k and ntspk together
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited December 2004
    I find it rather annoying as a piano performance major to be working at a library computer and have to suffer through someone attempting to play a crap piano with a broken soundboard. That, and these two... "actors" trying to rehearse. Give me a freaking break mad.gif
    edited January 2005
    I hate the fact that I don't have a DVD player and I can't buy any anime for it. I guess that means I'm suffering from J-pop-culture shock. sad.gif
  • Crimson FlameCrimson Flame Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    I really get annoyed when you're walking in school or at the mall and the person that's walking in front of you just stops and you walk into them. Especialy when it's on a stair case.
    It makes me so mad I really want to punch that person in the face.
  • mikedmiked New Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Crimson Flame @ Jan. 03 2005,18:41)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I really get annoyed when you're walking in school or at the mall and the person that's walking in front of you just stops and you walk into them. Especialy when it's on a stair case.
    It makes me so mad I really want to punch that person in the face.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I hate that. It also annoys me more when:

1.THEY get pissed at YOU
    2.they can beat you up
    3.they are really(explicit deleted)fat

• Zell88Zell88 Member Full Members
    edited January 2005
    Here's something that's bugged me for a while now. I recently began working in a supermarket, so my gripe is . . .

Customers who will stand a good 3 or 4 metres from me, while my back is turned and quietly ask where something is. There's no sign of a simple, "Excuse me", no sign that they're even talking to me. Then, when I don't hear them and so don't respond at all, they proceed to get angry and frustrated at me.
    edited January 2005
    My quest for supreme godhood over all of existence has been denied for another day.

Curses.

Dracos