If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What is your favorite RPGs of all time so far?

Disket McCloudDisket McCloud MemberFull Members
edited January 2003 in Role Playing Games
I have to say Suikoden 2 is my favorite Rpg at the moment along with wild arms 2. The story lines are so clear in the both of them..you can jump right into the game with out being fustrated...Legend of Dragoon is also a good rpg but my favorite would have to be Castlevania SOTN. wink.gif

Comments

• SilverDragon_7SilverDragon_7 Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    star ocean 2, and tales of destiny 2. the best games.
  • EinlanzerEinlanzer Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Final Fantasy 10 , followed by FF7, Xenogears, and Chrono cross.
  • AlexielTheFallenAngelAlexielTheFallenAngel New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Oooo, let's see...Xenogears, Star Ocean 2, and FFX!!! Those are my personal favorites. Hey, "DisketMcCloud", I also like Legend of Dragoon! I thought it was neat and loved the addition system! smile.gif
  • Holy DragoonHoly Dragoon Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Hmmm... Probably Xenogears, Breath of Fire 4, Suikoden 2, and FF7. Suiko3, BOF3, and FFT get an honorable mention.
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    Chrono Trigger.

I've replayed this game more than any RPG I've ever played, and not just because of the multiple endings. Every run-through was worthwhile . . . so now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna start a New Game.
  • Disket McCloudDisket McCloud Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Yeah..Legend of Dragoon IS a good game..but the lving system was to long..it took to long to lv up. I also like Chrono cross. wink.gif
  • met7met7 Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Final Fantasy 7 without a doubt. The story was the best, the graphics were the best (although definitely less important), and the music topped off the overall amazing experience. I think materia management is the best system of all FF's, a bold statement but it was the most fun looking for them and putting together unbeatable materia chains.

Xenogears and Crono Trigger follow closely. XG for the story, CT for the all the sidequests, and both for the battle systems.
  • Final NightFinal Night Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Chrono Trigger is tied with Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete for the best RPG of all time. Both are such great games. I'm not one of those people who just like them becaus ethey don't have all the facny graphics or crap like that. I like them because they're simple and deep. Lunar is especially deep on the story end.

The Suikodens are pretty good too. I haven't had too many complaints with any of them. As far as FF goes (since you know a Final Fantasy ranks somewhere in everyone's top 5 favorite RPG list), I'd have to say VII and IX are tied with me.
    † Final Night †

Currently Playing: Persona 4 Golden

[URL="http://\"http://www.twitter.com/final_night\""]twitter.com/final_night[/URL]
  • Disket McCloudDisket McCloud Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I didnt really think FF7 had good graphic as far as battling but the cut seens were awesome. But it still ranks up there as one of my faves also. But one of my personal faves is Front Mission 3.

• WishmasterWishmaster Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Of all the games I have played, I have to chose 3 best ones on the SUper NES console.. Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI (3 US) and Breath of Fire 2. I'm still playing these, actually.. probably a lot more than I'm playing PS2 or Game Cube o_O

*weep*
    *misses the old classics..*
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Dragon Warrior IV.
  • NinaNina Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Chrono Trigger owns me...it will always own...
    Legend Of Dragoon rules..
    Breath Of Fire 4 rules all!!
    Chrono Cross
    Secret Of Mana and Earthbound
  • OtakuDonOtakuDon Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Xenogears leads the pack without a doubt
    Star Ocean 2 sneaks up behind for second
    The Lunar series comes in at thrid
    Chrono Trigger rushes in for fourth
    Final Fantasy VII is in at number 5
    the Grandia series (excluding Xtreme) is number 6
    the Tale of series (the ones ive played Tod2, ToP) are in at 7
  • little tigerlittle tiger Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Vagrant Story (because it's the only game you'll ever need), FFVI (because the end comes... beyond chaos), and Pok?mon Blue (because it was my first ever RPG).
  • ShaleShale Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Panzer Dragoon Saga. The battle system is easy to use, deep, and fast-paced, the storyline is interesting, and the dragon-customization system is fantastic - it has near-total customization without much abusability (you can't develop a slow physical powerhouse for half the game and then turn it into an effective spellcaster, for example). If only the characters had more personality, and the battles some more challenge, it would be perfect. It also makes a great conversation piece if I'm talking with somebody who knows videogames.

Final Fantasy Tactics (fantastic story and skills system), Lunar:SSSC (best character development ever, and just a hell of a lot of fun) and Xenogears (what a story) come close to PDS, but they can't quite touch it, much less beat it.
  • Geek_SquidGeek_Squid Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    At the moment I would say FFX, but in a few years I will probably say FFVI, it just has a magical feeling.
  • fergus the lesserfergus the lesser Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    i agree with met that nothing beats than an old time fave "final fantasy VII" when it comes to storyline and the baTTLE system that keeps rpg gamers on playing it...

hmm another would be star ocean great battle system and an array of skills to be learned either on the battle or not...

although the graphics of saga frontier are not well polished still the deep magic system overwhelms me with so much techniques and magics to acquired and having many party members to choose from...
  • Mr.SaturnMr.Saturn Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    FFVI or EarthBound
  • DarkZitanDarkZitan Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 were ####.

Tales of Phantasia is by far the best of the series, and one of my favorite Rpg's of all time. Phantasy Star 1 and 2 are up there as well, and Chrono Trigger, FF3j, FF4...way to many to choose. Rpg's own all.
  • Lao TseLao Tse Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    A tie:

Final Fantasy 4
    Shining Force 2.

I have my reasons..
  • NanamiNanami New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    FFVII, Suikoden series, and CT. There really are too many, though!
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    hmmm....
    1. final fantasy 10 definitely my fave ever..
    2,3. i can't decide between chrono trigger and secret of mana for second..
    4. lunar silver star story.. i think the psx version is better than sega cd by virtue of better character development, imho.. and i was ga-ga over the sega cd game when it came out
    5. final fantasy 6
  • RaiRai Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Final Fantasies, especially FF VII and X, and the Suikoden-series are holding the number 1 place in my chart.
  • GameMavenGameMaven Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    Short list:

FF 2 (US)
    FF Tactics
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    FF Adventure (GB)
    Shining Force 3
    Zelda 1+3
    Hydlide - NOT!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    It is for sure the one and only Xenogears.
    no other rpg ?gave me that much emotions like this game.so i am really looking forward to episode 1 .
    so after xenogears there is a long periode with no other game and then there is for example: FFIV , suikoden I and for sure the sakura taisen series.
    greetings from good ol? germany
  • Options
    edited December 2002
    I can't say that I have just one personal favorite but if I did have to have one it would probably be Breath of Fire III. I really enjoyed the ending of it and am still playing it, even today. Xenogears is probably second and followed closely by Final Fantasy VII, IX, and X. Chrono Trigger is also a great game. I enjoy all of the games that I play.
  • musicman2059musicman2059 New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Final Fantasy VI...

And Lufia II *points to avatar*

Don't diss the L series peeps.
  • NeclordNeclord Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    My favorite has always been the same since I played it back in 1999. It is none other than Suikoden II. I loved that game ever since I beat it for the first time. I love the deep plot and great character development. All the different battle systems made the even that much better and the music. The opening Theme is my favorite videogame music ever.
  • DragoniteDragonite Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I would have to say top 5 fav rpgs so far is-
    1. Secret of Mana
    2. Tales of Destiny 2
    3. Final Fantasy IX
    4. Final Fantasy IV
    5. Chrono Trigger
    These games I can actually when I got them I was the happiest man alive when I got these games.
  • Rockman JrRockman Jr New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    smile.gif OF COURSE, X E N O G E A R S smile.gif
    that's the best rpg in our world I've ever played