If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

TadrithTadrith MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
Alright, folks, we've got some nice new media for you... I know you're all hungry for it.

Be sure to check out the very large and detailed artwork renderings... it should make a great wallpaper!

Alright, let me see it!

Comments

• Liquid IceLiquid Ice Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    This is the reason I decided not to get a gamecube. ?The moment I heard of the new cel-shaded look I got a ps2. ? sad.gif The new Zelda that I saw at spaceworld 2000 I think was the main reason to get a GC. But when I heard of the change i decied to get a ps2 because I wouldnt enjoy one of the few games to come to the GC that I was previousely antcipating.
  • MetacodMetacod Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Hopefully the rest of the world will have at least a bit more common sense...
  • TadrithTadrith Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I fail to understand how people can pass judgement on a game before ever playing it. I myself am not fond of the graphics, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to try the game.

If I followed the same logic, I would have never had the pleasure of playing through Metroid Prime. As a big first person shooter fan, I automatically assumed that playing an FPS on a console would suck. Instead, I gave the game a chance, and discovered one of the most engaging and entertaining games I've ever played.

Games tend to be a whole-package deal... just because one portion of it is not to your liking on it's own, doesn't mean it won't fit once you play it. The cel shaded look may fall right into place when paired with gameplay and story.

But, by all means if you want to skip it up... more for us.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited December 2002
    To those who have played any of the Zelda games; I have a question to pose:

Is Zelda: The Wind Waker worth buying a GameCube for based on your knowledge of the series and its track record?

LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Well, now that you can get that awesome preorder deal. Yeah, it's worth it.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MonCapitan2002 @ Dec. 15 2002,21:30)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"To those who have played any of the Zelda games; I have a question to pose:

Is Zelda: The Wind Waker worth buying a GameCube for based on your knowledge of the series and its track record?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Absolutely.