If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Just an idea

Lao TseLao Tse MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Site & Forum Support
Just an idea:

How bout' some sort of chat room for people logged on to the forums? Something for people to do if they're waiting around for others to reply to something.. Just an idea.

Comments

• AletheaAlethea Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Darn computer...hope I'm not double posting this...

Actually, we have an IRC channel - #rpgamer. If you're looking for chat, why don't you come there? It would be nice if some talkative people came in. It's usually way too quiet in there.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    For more info, read up.
  • wyvernlordwyvernlord Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    I don't suggest you go there... It's poorly moderated and most kick out new people.. -.-'
  • DeshDesh Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    If you really want, many of us here have AIM or MSN identities, and you can talk to us through there. You can find our identities in our profiles, if we've put them there biggrin.gif
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wyvernlord @ Dec. 08 2002,15:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I don't suggest you go there... It's poorly moderated and most kick out new people.. -.-'[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    This, kids, is what's called an overgeneralization of IRC channels if I feel like being nice, and a blatant lie about our channel if I feel like telling the truth. The ops in #rpgamer don't kick people in general, let alone newbies. The only problem most newbies have is that they don't wait around long enough for a conversation to actually start, since most people in there are idle most of the time.
  • KamikazeKamikaze Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wyvernlord @ Dec. 08 2002,14:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I don't suggest you go there... It's poorly moderated and most kick out new people.. -.-'[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I wonder if you think it is poorly moderated because you were kicked yourself? New people are more than welcome in #rpgamer so long as they follow the channel rules. LB is absolutely right in saying newbies don't have enough patience to wait for a meaningful conversation to get going. With the upmost confidence I say you're just bitter about your experience in our channel, and it is most certainly not OUR fault if you don't get along with anyone there, including the operators.
  • Lao TseLao Tse Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Alright Y'all, thanks for the tips. I'll join in on the IRC party as soon as I get my new machine (after xmas..). I'm using my roomie's currently, and he's rather paranoid about downloads.
  • TRCTRC Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Also PoV has a channel, #reviewhaven.

come, chat.. stay for ever...
  • TadrithTadrith Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wyvernlord @ Dec. 08 2002,12:14)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I don't suggest you go there... It's poorly moderated and most kick out new people.. -.-'[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I would also like to mention, the channel moderators are the same people who moderate this board... so if you enjoy the boards and generally don't cause trouble, you will find the chat room is much the same.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Except I don't pay nearly as much attention...