If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGeopardy!

MarinkMarink MemberFull Members
edited February 2006 in Site & Forum Support
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this- but seeing as I can't post in any of the other "site" forums- is RPGeopardy open to UK residents?

Comments

• Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2006
    "The Contest is open to all American and Canadian readers of RPGamer except employees of RPGamer, XSEED Games, Nippon Ichi Software America, their partners, and the immediate families of any of the above."

As the games are North American NTSC format, we cannot offer them to any other region.
  • MarinkMarink Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Could I get the cash equivalent? If I won that is, hypathecially(sp?).
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Ugh, sorry for the late response, I figured Zach would wander into this thread and I overlooked it today.

In any event...I'll ask him should I track him down, but to tell you the truth I'm doubting it.
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"As the games are North American NTSC format, we cannot offer them to any other region.[/QUOTE]
    Hoho, I wouldn't be so sure about that. smile6.png
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • DracosDracos Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    'officially'.

It's largely a combination of shipping + not wanting to deal with irate contest winner finding his prizes don't work in pal. And you know the majority wouldn't read such so it's far easier for them to just to say 'yah, we're having states only contests'.

Dracos

• Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Marink @ Jan. 27 2006,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Could I get the cash equivalent? If I won that is, hypathecially(sp?).[/QUOTE]
    No cash or other substitution for prizes...

The rules are clearly written for a reason with the contest. It's the same as every contest.
  • madhtrmadhtr Full Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Paws @ Jan. 29 2006,11:13)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Marink @ Jan. 27 2006,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Could I get the cash equivalent? If I won that is, hypathecially(sp?).[/QUOTE]

The rules are clearly written for a reason with the contest. ?It's the same as every contest.[/QUOTE]
    "...except, at the option of RPGamer..."
    Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ASVASV Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    Unfortunately the prizes being offered are coming from XSEED and NISA, and RPGamer has little control over that aspect of the contest. In the future we would like to start offering contests that are applicable to our readers in Japan, South America, Eurafrasia, and Australia but for the time being we're only able to ship prizes within North American NTSC region encoded areas. A number of companies (and I make no assertion as to which ones) don't like to promote importing because of the widely held view that it is tied - at least in part - to videogame piracy.

In short, the contest rules specifically state where the contest is valid, and although we would like to offer it to our viewers in Europe, we can't do so at this time.
  • MarinkMarink Member Full Members
    edited January 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Paws @ Jan. 29 2006,08:13)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Marink @ Jan. 27 2006,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T

The rules are clearly written for a reason with the contest. ?It's the same as every contest.[/QUOTE]
    Oh, sorry, I thought that meant for the competition. Y'know, no substitutions for the entry.
  • cykocyko New Member Full Members
    edited February 2006
    i also have a question about the RPGeopardy contest -

it says that "duplicate entries will be disqualified". after checking my outbox earlier today, it says that i sent my contest entry email twice in a row and i'm not sure if i did accidentally send my entry twice. does that mean that i'll be disqualified if it did go through twice? please tell me i won't be, because if i did, i certainly didn't mean to send two copies. smile5.png
  • MartyrMartyr Member Full Members
    edited February 2006
    Just as long as the entires are both exactly the same you should be okay.
  • cykocyko New Member Full Members
    edited February 2006
    *phew*

okay. thanks for setting my mind at ease.