If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Seiken Densetsu and Crystal Chronicles Info

Joseph WithamJoseph Witham MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles keeps getting more and more interesting. ?I can't wait to hook up with three friends for some Final Fantasy-style action RPG goodness.

Ever since I was introduced to RPGs by Secret of Mana, I have been in love with the series. ?Words can't explain how excited I am for Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu!

Comments

• ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    The remake of Seiken Densetsu looks amazing. I can't believe how much it looks like Legend of Mana.
  • HolySwordsmanCidHolySwordsmanCid New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I think this is great news. The only thing to make it better would be a confirmed US release of both of them smile.gif
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Viper @ Dec. 15 2002,21:29)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"The remake of Seiken Densetsu looks amazing. I can't believe how much it looks like Legend of Mana.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    It's a new game, not a remake.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    That one kinda snuck up on me. Must not have been paying attention the day they changed their mind.
  • chiapetchiapet Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Joseph Witham @ Dec. 15 2002,17:07)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I can't wait to hook up with three friends for some Final Fantasy-style action RPG goodness.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I was excited about this as well. Finally my wife could play Final Fantasy with me. But no, she just wants to watch...
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Yeah! A new mana game...I'm gonna have a ton of fun!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    FlOzXvF.jpg
    My VAPS Entry,
  • sydromssydroms New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I had read that the new Seiken game would be a remake of FFA as well. I'm honestly a little dissapointed that it won't be. I wasn't very happy with Legend Of Mana's gameplay...If they could take the gameplay of SoM and mix it with LoM's visuals, THEN i'll be psyched.

Anyone see any screenshots of this game yet?
  • OurobolusOurobolus Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Hey, as long as it has a better plot and better gameplay than Legend of Mana, I'm sold. I'd be happy with either Seiken Densetsu 2 or 3's battles. And the thought of playing it on the go is awesome!
  • Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. ?There had better be something earth-shakingly innovative in this game, otherwise, POW!

Secret of Mana (Seiken 2) 's battles were a little buggy in the hit detection and movement departments, and the high-level (higher than 3) charging was both unnecessary and un-fun. ?If they could take the Seiken 3 formula, though, and make the movement in battle a bit more quick, like Seiken 2, then it could really enhance the fighting aspect of this game.

I'd like to see some roleplaying scenarios, too.

On second thought, nah, this game's about battling. ?As long as the battles stay interesting until the end, this'll hold up on its own.

• Joseph WithamJoseph Witham Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I've done a little research and, while no one knows for sure, all signs are pointing to a remake of the original Seiken Densetsu. The "Shinyaku" supposedly translates to "New Interpretation," so there will likely be enough new stuff in the game to make it seem like another entry in the series.

Judging from the recently-revealed graphics and art, the game appears have been heavily modified, if indeed it is a remake.

But I have to admit, I would have loved to see Seiken Densetsu 5. Who knows? Maybe it will still happen.
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordBrian @ Dec. 16 2002,02:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It's a new game, not a remake.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    *sniff* But, I want to see a graphically updated "<span class="spoiler">Metal Chocobo.</span>"

edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"But I have to admit, I would have loved to see Seiken Densetsu 5. Who knows? Maybe it will still happen.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

As would I, but we'd first have to see SD4 first, as Legend of Mana was not it.
  • sydromssydroms New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"But I have to admit, I would have loved to see Seiken Densetsu 5. Who knows? Maybe it will still happen."
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The reason I'm psyched for an FFA remake is a few reasons:
    1) It's a really incredible game on its own, and would really benefit from a Visual overhaul
    2) This MAY mean that SoM might be the next to get a GBA update...
    and 3) If 2 is correct, maybe USA will FINALLY see Seiken 3 on our shores!

Optimistically,
    -Tim
  • wyvernlordwyvernlord Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    *chuckles fiendishly* Hehehe... HEHEHEHHE... FFCC Was the reason I bought a Gamecube! biggrin.gif I can't wait til american release -.- If it doesn't... >=P Then I get translator and buy it japanese! lol!
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"As would I, but we'd first have to see SD4 first, as Legend of Mana was not it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Heh. We could argue over whether or not LoM is SD4 for days and never get anywhere, LordBrian. We'll just have to wait until the next title is announced if we ever wish to know for sure.
  • Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    I wonder if the adventures in FFCC will be generated by algorithm, like in Phantasy Star Online, or set, like in regular FFs when you play with the controller in "Multi" mode.

And will the screen be cluttered with information when no-one's playing using a GBA?
    edited December 2002
    Maybe the GBA's required for multi-player.
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Joseph Witham @ Dec. 17 2002,16:46)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"As would I, but we'd first have to see SD4 first, as Legend of Mana was not it.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Heh. ?We could argue over whether or not LoM is SD4 for days and never get anywhere, LordBrian. ?We'll just have to wait until the next title is announced if we ever wish to know for sure.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Except we couldn't, as all it takes is one look at the title screen to see there's not a big 4 plastered on it (or IV, or whatever they used). tounge.gif
    edited December 2002
    edited December 2002
    Hey, I never ruled out the possibility that it's not technically THE Seiken Densetsu 4, I'm just saying that until one of the game's designers comes out of the closet and says, "Legend of Mana is NOT SD4," or "Legend of Mana IS SD4," we'll never know for sure. (Unless you guys want to point me to an interview)

...Told you we could argue this forever and never get anywhere ?sarcasm.gif

• Daryth DarkmoonDaryth Darkmoon Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rico @ Dec. 18 2002,01:45)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Handy Comparison .jpg ?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I'm going to ask a completely uninformed and ignorant question here. If Secret of Mana was Seiken Densetsu 2, was there an SD 1? If not, is it possible that Legend of Mana is a prequil, and therefore would be SD1, not 4?

As I said, completely ignorant. Please bear with me here, I'll do my best to update my knowledge as time passes.
    edited December 2002
    The original Seiken Densetsu is for the Game Boy, and was released in North America as Final Fantasy Adventure. I didn't include it in the comparison because very few series-starters actually include a number in their logo/title.