If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Quoting People

Cloud Strife 7Cloud Strife 7 MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Site & Forum Support
I've tried to quote people but it doesnt appear in the whie box. It just says "
" by it how does this work??

Comments

• LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    It's not gonna appear in the white box. To quote someone, hit the quote button, insert the quote, and hit the quote button again. The text should look like this:

{QUOTE}I am a happy little quote!{/QUOTE}

Erm, use square brackets, though [these things]. You can also just type the quote tags yourself, it'll work just as well.
  • RicoRico Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Chances are, you forgot the ending /quote, which kills the whole thing.
  • Cloud Strife 7Cloud Strife 7 Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordBrian @ Dec. 17 2002,06:36)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"It's not gonna appear in the white box. To quote someone, hit the quote button, insert the quote, and hit the quote button again. The text should look like this:

{QUOTE}I am a happy little quote!{/QUOTE}

Erm, use square brackets, though [these things]. You can also just type the quote tags yourself, it'll work just as well.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Just Trying the quote thing out don't mind me
  • Cloud Strife 7Cloud Strife 7 Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    YAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    biggrin.gif smile.gif xmas.gif wow.gif