If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XII Soundtrack Announced

AdviengaAdvienga New MemberFull Members
edited March 2006 in Latest Updates
The official soundtrack for Final Fantasy XII will be released in Japan next month.

Read the article.

Comments

• Slayer of GodSlayer of God Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    I'm hoping for something that sounds like the Dragon Quarter OST, since that's the only Sakimoto production I've enjoyed.

We'll see, I guess.
    Within the spreading darkness, I pledged a vow to the revolution.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited March 2006
    I'm not a big Sakimoto fan either, but I have a feeling that this will be one of his better works.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Athiestic doubtAthiestic doubt Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    NOT A SAKIMOTO FAN!? Blasphemy! Anyway, I'm a huge Sakimoto fan. I've liked his work on almost every game I can think of. I'd be interested in buying this, but not listening until the game comes to NA. I want to hear how it is used in-game before taking my own spin on it. Plus, I'd like to be surprised by some unexpected great tunes.
  • laazyeyelaazyeye Pretty much... Full Members
    edited March 2006
    preordered like two weeks ago :p
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    http://i2.tinypic.com/qn8mqc.jpg

there is a pic of the DVD style soundtrack case. Looks really nice actually, that being said, why soundtracks for such a nice case?
  • Datguy86Datguy86 Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    I have a few soundtracks with better packaging than most movies I own. My Evangelion S^2 Works comes to mind.

• ElranzerElranzer Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    The soundtrack is available already in PSF2 format (check Zophar if you're not familiar). It's actually quite disappointing, really...
  • SolonSolon Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"Looks really nice actually, that being said, why soundtracks for such a nice case?[/QUOTE]
    Why not?
    Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    ^ im not saying its bad, its just seems over fancy, which is good really. I guess it would have been cool to seesome bonus FFXII stuff on DVD, like developer interviews, why it took 6 years to make the game etc.
  • Gouden DraakGouden Draak Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    anyone know of a good site I can order it directly (and get the little bonus)?

I know I`ll get this, I just doubt I`ll get the bonus if I get it from ebay as usual...
  • laazyeyelaazyeye Pretty much... Full Members
    edited March 2006
    <table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td colspan="2">(Gouden Draak @ Mar. 22 2006,12:01)</td></tr><tr><td width="10" id="QUOTEHEAD">Q
    U
    O
    T
    E</td><td class="QUOTE"anyone know of a good site I can order it directly (and get the little bonus)?

I know I`ll get this, I just doubt I`ll get the bonus if I get it from ebay as usual...[/QUOTE]
    here ya go smile1.png

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SVWC-7351

or

http://www.vgmworld.com/catalog....6135b87

check both sites out before ordering, I ordered from cdjapan, but had i known cocebiz was going to sell it i'd have ordered it from there, but it's your call smile1.png
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    Go with vgmworld @ cocoebiz. Better service. Trust me.

Anyway, I had this preordered the first day it was available. Though I'm dissapointed the psf rip was done so fast... at least they can't get at the streamed audio.

Support the artists...you'll be much cooler. Really. smile15.png
  • LaniaLania New Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    I am so getting this soundtrack. Hitoshi Sakimoto (FFT and Stella Deus) is one of my favorite composers. His music is like not of this world.
    edited March 2006
    Preordered smile3.png

Cocobiz looks like a good site!

Heeeeey.... those blue FFXII "potions" are sale too!
  • ElrinthElrinth Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    there is little variation in instruments in the soundtrack... im a bit disappointed. atleast the main theme is good smile1.png (made by nobuo uematsu)

strings, tingle & ffta bas.... the songs are all alike smile10.png

there are quite a few really good songs, but they relate to final fantasy tactics

\"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind\" - Edward D. Morrison
  • MetalKingSlimeMetalKingSlime Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    what other games has that composer made music for? i never heard of him. i wanna order and/or preorder this!!!
    edited March 2006
    FF Tactics I think...?

(Actually if you skim back in this thread, people say he also did DQ8 and Stella Deus)

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited March 2006
    Not DQ8, but Stella Deus, Vagrant Story and FFTactics to name a few.

http://www.cocoebiz.com/sakimoto/discography/index.shtml
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited March 2006
    Oops read too fast, that`s Dragon Quarter, not Dragon Quest...
  • ElranzerElranzer Member Full Members
    edited March 2006
    The game's opening theme rapes the classic Prelude and Prologue tunes...