If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Even More Crystal Chronicles News

Joseph WithamJoseph Witham MemberFull Members
edited December 2002 in Latest Updates
I've always enjoyed fantasy settings over sci-fi settings in RPGs. I'm glad Crystal Chronicles is going to be a blast from the past in the Final Fantasy universe.

Comments

• Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    Hmph, now this just sounds like a straight battle game like PSO. Tell us there's some plot, please! There's got to be more than PSO!
  • YamauchiYamauchi New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Well, I just watched a few guys playing multiplayer on the Live Square Feed from Jump Fest, and the multiplayer looks really good. For me, though, finding people to play a multiplayer RPG with GBAs is hard to do (and I do have friends. SHOCK! ).

I hope the game has an enjoyable single player game, and a nice story. Otherwise, I'll have to pass.

• WildTurkeyWildTurkey New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    At this point I don't think there is any reason to speculate that the game has no story. It's just too early to tell. In an RPG no one really knows how much story a game will have until it comes out. If Square screws up this game I'll be really disappointed, as they would just be giving the PS2 masses more Nintendo bashing fuel.
  • NeiXNeiX New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I agree with Turkey here--this subdivision of Square better get their crap straight and deliver a solid RPG or even their merger won't help 'em.

In my opinion, from everything I've read, this game looks like a grand turd. ?Sakaguchi needs to be designing the games again dagnabbit. ?WAKE UP SQUARE--YA CRUSTIES!!!

Nei

"These terms too will be used synonomously."

• Q. MulativeQ. Mulative Banned Banned Users
    edited December 2002
    Wait, is Mario Club watching over this? Because if Nintendo is in partially involved, then we should get something at least as good as an RPG equivalent to Metroid Prime (considering Nintendo's involvement in that).
  • AnjelikaAnjelika Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    si si si si si xmas.gif
  • SethSeth New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Is this game 1-player? If it's not... pass.

Also, if you have to buy a GameCube AND a Gameboy Advance in order to play it... pass.

I'm not going to buy two systems I don't even own just for one game, let alone one that I have to have other people around in order to play at all.
  • RucainRucain Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    I <believe> the game is single player with multi-player capabilities. Also, from what I've read, the GBA is used as an accessory - hopefully this means you will not <need> one. Either way, I am looking forward to this game. Square's long-overdue for a Nintendo project with the Final Fantasy name. FFTA and CC are both being hyped up - let's hope Square lives up to its reputation.

~Rucain
  • WildTurkeyWildTurkey New Member Full Members
    edited December 2002
    Yes, it's 1 to 4 players, the same way Secret of Mana and Legend of Mana were 1 to 2 players. I think the lead designer of this game was the lead designer of Legend of Mana, so I'm expecting something similar, which is also why I seriously doubt that the story is lacking. And also, the GBA is not required, just supported. I plan on playing it with just a regular controller, as the GBA link up thing is probably not much more than a gimmick.