The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Salivation (not salvation)

2»

Comments

• SorenLovesIkeSorenLovesIke Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">1) Final Fantasy XII... it's almost as if the game was custom made for everything I want in an RPG.</div>

Wow, that's pretty enthusiastic. While I'm really looking forward to it, I'm still skeptical. I think the demo scared a lot of people, including me. I hope it's not a hot mess.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited July 2006
    FFXII is going to own. The haters are going to have to eat a pretty big humble pie after Halloween.

Five tons of Flax,
    Davis
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Wow, that's pretty enthusiastic. While I'm really looking forward to it, I'm still skeptical. I think the demo scared a lot of people, including me. I hope it's not a hot mess.</div>

Well it's just that it hits almost everything I want in an rpg right on the head. It's really hard not to be enthusiastic about it ^^

Length, story, optional stuff, customization, style.... all so very perfect. I can see where some people will see misses, but for me it seems just about perfect. I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a game! blush.gif
    edited July 2006
    Even though I've been looking forward to it for years, it's still just my secondmost anticipated game. Valkyrie Profile 2 looks like my dream game.
  • RaquelRaquel Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    I REALLY want Valkyrie Profile Silmeria! I spent hours just looking at the pictures of it in one of my magazines! I also am looking foward to Final Fantasy XII. I might be getting Persona 3 if I enjoy Persona 2 (just picked it up new for $30 but I haven't had a chance to play yet).
    edited July 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I might be getting Persona 3 if I enjoy Persona 2 (just picked it up new for $30 but I haven't had a chance to play yet).</div>

That's why I haven't been anticipating Persona 3 at all. I hated Persona and Persona 2. I hope you have a better experience with it than I did.
  • VigivalgusVigivalgus Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    <div>
    (Davis @ Jul. 05 2006,17:42)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">FFXII is going to own. The haters are going to have to eat a pretty big humble pie after Halloween.</div>
    Thou speaks't sooth.

This fall bodes well for my general amusement, but my bank account has already started feigning death to avoid what it knows is coming.

For the win: Rogue Galaxy, FFXII, FFVII: DoC (My optimism is waning), Rocket Slime, and maybe some pure, unadulturated gaming sex from the big N.
  • JopinJopin Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    Like almost everyone else, I'm looking forward to FFXII,which clearly has some elements new to FF, which is fine with me. I just hope it's as good as I'm imagining.

Twilight Princess is definitely on my list, if it lives up to Nintendo's "Best Zelda game ever" boasting, or not.

I'm "salivating" for FFVII Advent Children, which I bought about a month ago, but stubbornly refuse to watch until I can find a copy of FFVII and play it for the first time.

The whole Fabula Nova Crystallis idea is interesting, and I am definitely looking forward to FFXIII and FF Versus XIII.

On a different note, Unreal Tournament 2007 looks great, if you like highly competitive, fast-paced first-person shooters. (I'm not particularly fond of FPSs, but after playing Unreal Championship 2, I'm sort of hooked.) The melee combat and third-person view option just take the "trapped inside a camera" feeling completely out of the game.

This is my tenth post, the end of my probation period. Yay. (I'm so enthusiastic.) Actually, it will be nice to be able to start my own topic...
    edited July 2006
    In the case of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Final Fantasy XII, does anyone else feel like you've waited so long, you're not caring about them as much as you cared about them a year or two ago? That's how I feel. Now I'm just looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII...
  • DirkLanceDirkLance Member Full Members
    edited July 2006
    You can only dangle something in front of us for so long before it losses its appeal.