The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - 12 Screens

Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited September 2006 in Latest Updates
Check out some images from the Tokyo Game Show trailer of Square-Enix's upcoming FFXII sequel for the Nintendo DS.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12rw/ff12rwss.html
179811.png

Comments

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited September 2006
    This screenshot makes me strongly suspect that Panelo is going around bereft of panties.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • AnimeGamer183AnimeGamer183 Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    I will be shocked of any of those screens are gameplay screenshots.
    edited September 2006
    They are not gameplay screens. They are of CG cutscene footage that will presumably be used in the game.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited September 2006
    http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12rw/screens/ff12rw5.jpg
    I would not let my daughter run around in those.
  • ZindrazilZindrazil Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Any idea on the format of the gameplay (specifically if they're planning on using that real time battling system) or where its supposed to take place with regards to the FFXII storyline (prequel or sequel)
  • MuneTeikaMuneTeika Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Her mid section is waaaaaay too long.
    edited September 2006
    Not really. You're just seeing the upper areas of her crotch. It looks like she shaves below the bikini line.
    LordBilbanes.png
  • AethelredAethelred Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (MonCapitan2002 @ Sep. 25 2006,21:28)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Not really. You're just seeing the upper areas of her crotch. It looks like she shaves below the bikini line.</div>
    Is this really a necessary conversation?
    edited September 2006
    You make a good point. I'll drop the discussion. It was the first thing I noticed about the game though. I wonder what that says about me (please don't answer that).

I wish we had some gameplay screens, though. The CG footage is nice and all but it says nothing about what the actual game will look like. Hopefully some gameplays screens will be forthcoming.
    LordBilbanes.png
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (MonCapitan2002 @ Sep. 25 2006,21:28)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Not really. You're just seeing the upper areas of her crotch. It looks like she shaves below the bikini line.</div>
    Actually, I'm judging simply by what is above the belly-button. It just seems anatomically incorrect.

Regardless, I'm not going to actually consider this game until I see game play screen shots.
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Actually, I'm judging simply by what is above the belly-button. It just seems anatomically incorrect.

Regardless, I'm not going to actually consider this game until I see game play screen shot</div>

Take your pants off and look at yourself in the mirror... that is actually about how much room there is on a real person....

<div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">

Any idea on the format of the gameplay (specifically if they're planning on using that real time battling system) or where its supposed to take place with regards to the FFXII storyline (prequel or sequel)</div>

I'm pretty sure it was announced that it will be a more traditional RPG style and I'm positive it takes place after the events of FFXII.
  • MorridorMorridor Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    I'm just amazed to see this amount of detail on a DS system. This image -> ff12rw9.jpg is really amazing seeing all the detail in the background and foregroud. Then again, if anyone were to do it, it was going to be Square.

Danny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (Daemon Sadi @ Sep. 26 2006,11:28)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"> <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Actually, I'm judging simply by what is above the belly-button. It just seems anatomically incorrect.

Regardless, I'm not going to actually consider this game until I see game play screen shot</div>

Take your pants off and look at yourself in the mirror... that is actually about how much room there is on a real person....</div>
    As both a fit woman and a arist, I'm still going to have to say no. Her torso is elongated, if you look at her imagine the ribs and organs within her, they wouldn't be a compact as they "should" be. There is a rather obvious difference between anatomically correct, and... her. I'm not saying that it's horriffic or absurdly disgusting, but it is obvious.

For a simple test of this, cover up to her top with your hand an imagine where the belly button would be... it would be higher than it's current position.

(nevermind that I'm still talking about what is above the bellybutton, not the crotch, thankyouverymuch)

• Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited September 2006
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">As both a fit woman and a arist, I'm still going to have to say no. Her torso is elongated, if you look at her imagine the ribs and organs within her, they wouldn't be a compact as they "should" be. There is a rather obvious difference between anatomically correct, and... her. I'm not saying that it's horriffic or absurdly disgusting, but it is obvious.

For a simple test of this, cover up to her top with your hand an imagine where the belly button would be... it would be higher than it's current position.

(nevermind that I'm still talking about what is above the bellybutton, not the crotch, thankyouverymuch) </div>

Oh yea I was even looking at the top half. The top half is too long but under the belly-button is fine.
  • laazyeyelaazyeye Pretty much... Full Members
    edited September 2006
    Okay you guys... it's a cartoon... I think they're allowed to exaggerate a little from time to time
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited September 2006
    <div>
    (VncentValntine @ Sep. 27 2006,23:34)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Okay you guys... it's a cartoon... I think they're allowed to exaggerate a little from time to time</div>
    Considering Square seems to be shooting for a more and more realistic art style with each passing FF, this criticism is warrented methinks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited September 2006
    I think the more realistic look is intended for the main titles and not necessarily for the spinoffs.
    LordBilbanes.png