The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Comments

• ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited March 2007
    <div>
    (Cactuar Joe @ Mar. 23 2007,17:12)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Togekiss is a surprisingly good evolution to a sub-par critter. Heck, just it's base Special stats (120 Sp. Atk / 115 Sp. Def) are very solid. At 80, it's Spd is average, but it's workable. Plus it learns Scheme, which is just sexy with Pulse Bomb and the rest of its movepool.

A lot of weird critters got suprisingly powerful evolutions in D/P. I'm particularly looking forward to using Tangrowth. ^^</div>
    *looked up Tangrowth* Wow! Those are some impressive stats! And, yeah, I would have never imagined all of these evolutions and babies.
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited March 2007
    Right? I just decided to look through a bunch of them, and I didn't know there were that many random new evolutions. Does level up with Ancient Power for evolution mean the last move you used before getting a level has to be Ancient Power? That's kind of weird, if you ask me.
  • Cactuar JoeCactuar Joe Member Full Members
    edited March 2007
    Level up with Ancient Power/Rollout/whatever means that if you level up with that move in your moveset, you'll evolve. And yeah, it is pretty odd, but it is interesting, at least. ^^
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited March 2007
    I can't wait to get my UFO Magnemite, or as its called Magnezone
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
    edited March 2007
    Gah! I've never been so conflicted in trying to decide my team! x.x

BTW, if anyone don't plan on using their Eevee(s), when the time comes, I'll be more than willing to set up some deals!
    edited March 2007
    Not using Eevee's? That's blasphemous. But I may breed them if anyone wants them.
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, it's just that I've met a lot of people that never touch their Eevee, which always saddens me since it's such a waste of a valuable pokemon.
    edited March 2007
    <div>
    (Clix @ Mar. 26 2007,06:46)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Yeah, it's just that I've met a lot of people that never touch their Eevee, which always saddens me since it's such a waste of a valuable pokemon.</div>
    wow.gif

That's Eevee neglect! Take vengeance I say, vengeance!

Really though, that's so strange, most people I know who play always use them. I can't really think of a time I haven't used at least one Eevee in my party when I had the chance.
    edited March 2007
    Heheh. Eevee neglect, huh? We'll have to form an Eeevee Welfare Department. tounge2.gif

If nothing else, you gotta love the Eeevees for their absoption abilities. Volt Absorb, Flashfire and Water Absorb are three of the most useful abilities known to man.
    edited March 2007
    I personally like Glaceon's ability. Evasion + damage to enemy = happy from lack of HP.
    edited March 2007
    OK I have broardband now. Whats involved in getting and using WI-FI? I need to know so I can cream you all!
    The new psychic monsters look fairly cool.

edited March 2007
    You need to either get the Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter that connects to your computer somehow, or find a wireless system that works with Wi-Fi. I think there's a list that are compatible on the Nintendo site, or something like that.

I might just be making that up though...
    edited March 2007
    They do, and it's right here. Wish I'd looked at it before I bought mine. I went through three routers before finding one that worked properly. ^^;;
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited April 2007
    Rawr! Nabbing me the Pearl version and will prolly start with the penguin (not gonna use it much though...)

I have my salamance, flygon and latios from ruby that im bringing over.... woots!!! I can't wait!
    edited April 2007
    I think i'll probably end up bringing over level 5'ers. It just gives me more freedom to develop them with there movesets of that game.
  • rpggamer79rpggamer79 New Member Full Members
    edited April 2007
    Diamond is the game of choice for me rith now and my starting pokemon is going to be either the monkey or the penguin. I will not choose my starter pokemon until game is in hand and I am caught in the heat of the moment.
  • FF ShinobiFF Shinobi Member Full Members
    edited April 2007
    I played an in-store demo of Pearl today, and my excitement level kinda dropped. The battles feel slow, and the battle menus feel clunky. It seemed to take a it between me touching the button and the pokemon using its move, and It takes an extra 2-3 clicks to do anything except the fight command now. Is this what the full game is like also or is the demo badly done?

• RokuRoku Member Full Members
    edited April 2007
    Using the stylus will save you a lot of clicks, but yeah, even without that, there's a minor but noticeable battle slowdown in comparison to the GBA titles.
  • FF ShinobiFF Shinobi Member Full Members
    edited April 2007
    Got my copy, but I cant start until my Brother gets his, due to an agreement we made.

edited April 2007
    Mmm, my copy is in Philly now, so I should have it tomorrow. Fun times.
    edited April 2007
    Will be in Thursday YAY, though Australia's now got a release date for June 21, according to Kotaku.
    edited April 2007
    And yet from importing, you win. Fun!
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited April 2007
    I'm impressed by this game. I've never really played a Pokemans game before but I'm really kinda enjoying it. Neat.
    edited April 2007
    Yar, I just picked up my package from the front desk. Time to delve in and such. Damn, I still have work to do. Procrastination, away!
    edited April 2007
    STOP MOCKING ME, it will be in on Thursday, it will be in on Thursday, it will be in on Thursday, it will be in on Thursday,........
    edited April 2007
    Jesus Christ, this stylus is huge. I didn't think it would be anywhere near this large. I don't think I can take this out in public, but it does seem to work very well. Nice and comfy.
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, it is very comfy. I'd like it a lot better if it didn't have the huge honking thingy on top, but it is nice. ^^
    edited April 2007
    just use some scissors.
    edited April 2007
    But... But then it'd be broken. T_T
    edited April 2007
    Gaudy or slightly smaller, your choice. Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick.......