The RPGamer Forums will be closing on May 2, 2021.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Comments

• DarksilanusDarksilanus Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (bain_nick @ Apr. 30 2007,17:39)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I still don't know how to use irc efficently.</div>
    Ditto (pardon the poke-pun)
  • JeffreyJeffrey Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Well, right here's a good place to start.
    [url=\"http://evilpandapirate.tumblr.com/\"]Tumblr[/url] | [url=\"http://twitter.com/EvilPandaPirate\"]Twitter[/url]
    \"FFXII doesn't really have a story to tell, and so it doesn't. FFXIII doesn't really have a story to tell, but has hours of cutscenes anyway.\" -SiliconNooB
  • Cactuar JoeCactuar Joe Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    And there's always the option of sending me a PM when I'm on here. ^^
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited May 2007
    I FINALLY got Pearl. Im gonna bust it WIDE OPEN!
  • ZelgodesZelgodes A Mastermind!? Full Members
    edited May 2007
    For undisclosed reasons, I decided to start over my file in Pearl. Meh, I haven't actually gone through a Pok?mon game on the first try ever, so I'm not that surprised. I'll be back up to where I was in no time though.
  • bain_nickbain_nick Be Water my friend Full Members
    edited May 2007
    If anyone needs to evolve a trading pokemon (like Haunter) send me a PM wjhilst i'm on, i'd like a Genger myself (and the online people are all asking for lv 100 pokemon, or mews or whatnot)
    http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
    Steam: bain_nick Add me, maybe we can play something together.
    League of Legends: NA Server: Bainick
    The problem with HM/RF games for me, is the opposite of my issues in real life.
  • Cassandra RamosCassandra Ramos Eternal Kyoshi Administrators
    edited May 2007
    I FINALLY did the trading I needed to get the three starters, so now I'm really starting the game. I've got finals soon though, so I don't think I'll be going too far yet.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• Noble GruntyNoble Grunty Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Should anyone find it useful, my Friend Code is:
    1890-7726-0792 (appropriate name associated with it is Nimbex).

I have Pearl. I'm 2 badges in, with about 24 Pok?mon caught so far. I just got wireless set up at home yesterday, for the sole purpose of Pok?mon, so I'm still ironing out the bugs.
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    A#1) I love my pearl to pieces!

A#2) Do I really have to wait until after the the end(first end after elite type guys) to bring my GBA pokemon over? That's soooo very annoying... I mean... badges still restrict you from bringing in overpowered pokemon, so what's the problem?
    edited May 2007
    I'm thinking they were worried about bringing non-Sinnoh Dex Pokemon in before you had the National Dex. Although you can still trade National Dex critters over from friends, so who knows.
  • kittenofthepackkittenofthepack It bes a cat hat! Full Members
    edited May 2007
    I got my second badge.

Wheeeee! .-.

Now I'm just dinking around catching critters I don't have and leveling up.
    edited May 2007
    Just got the third badge.

Wheeeee!

Should probably get the 4th now.

(Damn you Driffloon)

http://melodysheep.bandcamp.com/track/be-water-my-friend-bruce-lee (Youtube video been taken down soooo)
  • Daemon SadiDaemon Sadi Member Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div></div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I'm thinking they were worried about bringing non-Sinnoh Dex Pokemon in before you had the National Dex. Although you can still trade National Dex critters over from friends, so who knows.</div>

Mrehhh.... evil pokeyman peoples making up silly rules....
  • edited May 2007
    Hey, guys.

I was hoping someone here would be able to help me.

I'm not sure whether there's a clear cut answer to this, so sorry if there is.

I'm from Australia and I want to buy the Pokemon Gamecube games and eventually have them interact with my Gameboy Advance so that I can trade them from the Gamecube to Emerald. Does it matter if Emerald happens to be the American version, because that's the one I have.

Hopefully that makes sense.
    edited May 2007
    Before somebody ask's me I don't know as I have both the Australian versions of Fire Red and Emerald.
    The only thing I can suggest if it doesn't work is to find a second hand copy of a AUS/PAL GBA gen pokemon game and start with that (I'm also unsure if the NTSC and PAL gba games are connectable)
    Or you could ask in certain faq sites pokemon section, but I'd take there answers with a grain of salt if I was you.
    Lastly try seribii.net as they have anything pokemon you might want to know about.
  • edited May 2007
    Thanks very much for that! I'll see what I can find.
    edited May 2007
    Does anyone else find that growing berries is addictive? I spend a lot of time doing it.

Also, Dusk balls are awesome. I play this mostly at night, and they're a godsend. Except against the three mythical Psychics. Those were just the most annoying thing ever. I've never had that much trouble catching a Pok?mon before.
    edited May 2007
    Ohmagah shiny! Hatched a shiny Aipom. First shiny I've ever gotten, and only the second I've ever seen. ^^
    edited May 2007
    You lucky sonuva. Still no shinies ever for me... Unless you count that Gyarados, but that never counts.
    edited May 2007
    Oh sad.gif I want a shiny.

Anywho now heading towards the final gym.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited May 2007
    After losing about 3 hours of raising my Ponyta and losing it when my DS died. I put the game away for awhile. I just picked it up again recently and I got my Ponyta back up to where he was. I'll get my Magikarp back up soon. Stupid dead batteries.
  • SorenSoren ..not a pony.. Full Members
    edited May 2007
    And now with your shiney new ds lite!
    Driving FB bonkers for years. Paw's Wife.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2007
    <div>
    (Frozenbabylon @ May 13 2007,00:59)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">After losing about 3 hours of raising my Ponyta and losing it when my DS died. I put the game away for awhile. I just picked it up again recently and I got my Ponyta back up to ?where he was. I'll get my Magikarp back up soon. Stupid dead batteries.</div>
    Let that be a lesson: Always keep your DS fully charged before playing with your pokeymanz. tounge2.gif If your battery is just plain crapping out, you need to get a new one from http://store.nintendo.com asap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited May 2007
    I just got a new DS lite since the top screen was crapping out. So yeah. Problem fiiiiiiixed I believe.
  • ClixClix Former Listmaster Full Members
    edited May 2007
    Well, I've been looking for a challenger. My team is Lv. 50-52 if anyone's interested.
    edited May 2007
    Hmm, not yet, i'm only in the low 40's (except my Rapidash, thanks to the ice gym) Give me a bit.
    edited May 2007
    No problem. I'm working on building a new team from scratch, so I doubt I'll be using my winning team. Please PM me when you want to challenge me. smile.gif
    edited May 2007
    I somehow managed to beat the Elite 4 and champion, so I was a bit surprised. Well, I spent lots of cash on healing items, so that was sort of the only reason I beat a couple specific Pokes. That was a lot harder than in the last games. Especially GSC, but that's a given.
    edited May 2007
    I don't know. For some reason, I had a few issues with the Johto League... but I'm not sure why. Though, I honestly think that the Kanto League is the heardest. But, yeah, Sinnoh did seem a bit tougher than the Hoenn League.
    edited May 2007
    I always had Feraligatr for Johto, and as long as it's fast enough, it can completely sweep everything in the Elite 4 with Bite and Ice Beam/Ice Punch. I didn't have too much trouble with Hoenn, but I would rank Kanto a bit behind Sinnoh on difficulty. At least I'd say I simply had a rougher time with Sinnoh, I didn't actually lost any battles. They were just a complete annoyance.

Also, would the correct name actually be Feraligator, or is the "o" always missing? I always thought it was just because of the lack of available space for letters.