If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

bi/tri/multil lingualism

2»

Comments

• AlienaAliena Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    LOL! I remember watching my sister type that stuff on our old TI Computer. It was the kind where your TV was the monitor. I miss that machine...

I used to know Turbo Pascal. Couldn't do anything with it now, but I made some really cool screen savers back in the day!
  • The FireDragonThe FireDragon Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"Yeah... what SeraphicLaw meant was:
    "Bonjour! Mon nom est Chi et mon nom de l'ordinatuer est SeraphicLaw. J'ai faim. Aujourd'hui neige."
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

That makes a little more sense.
  • StingrayStingray Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Let's see...
    American English is my native tongue, sorta.
    I know a little German...half my family is German.
    I can speak some Queen's English.
    I have been introduced to Spanish, French, Russian, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and a tribal language of Togo (I forget the name).
    Since I've a degree in classical studies, Greek civ. and archaeology, I can read and translate Classical Greek; I also know a little Latin.
    Now, I'm working on a Master of Divinity degree, so I'm supposed to know Masoretic Hebrew, but it's slipped a little (still, I'm "relearning" it).
    Since we're adding programing languages (can we add scripting languages?), I can add BASIC, ircII script, and Perl script.

I have no life, hehe!
  • little tigerlittle tiger Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    I can speak/write:

-Dutch (native language)
    -Flemish... hey, DragonHaerted, this one doesn't count! tounge.gif
    -English
    -HTML

I can read:

-French (bonjour. du vin, du pain, du... something.)
    -German
    -Latin
    -Greek (the B.C. kind)
    -Al Bhed
    -Japanese... though just the basic fangirl stuff. (konninchiwa minna-san. Watashi wa baka na Orando-jin desu. Anime wa totemo sugoi desu ne. Anoo... chotto matte onegai... che...) I can read katakana, and I know a few kanji.
  • StingrayStingray Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    hmmm, I dunno how I left HTML and tlhIngan Hol (used to be able to do the symbols, too, but now only Romanized) off my original "list."

It's all fun...I still have no life.
  • Ruin&amp;#39;s FateRuin&amp;#39;s Fate Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    I speak English and Armenian and am currently learning Quenya and Sindarin (the former being the langauge of the Elves during the First Age and the latter being the language of the Elves during the Third Age).

What?...better than Klingon.