If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

SDHeroSDHero MemberFull Members
edited January 2003 in Latest Updates
I don't know about you guys, but I'm very excited to see another GBA Castlevania on the way. I'm even more excited about the possibility of a full-blown new console Castlevania. Mr. Igrashi has always said he'd like to do a new one on the PS2 or GC, so I think there's a strong possibility that it may finally be coming together. If you haven't already, check out the full story here: www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2003/011703a.html

Comments

• Noj AirkNoj Airk Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Man, with THREE Castlevania games on the GBA, I really got to get one for the long car trips...mostly now since my CD player doesn't play loud enough to satisfy my volume of stuff like...the Symphony of the Night Sountrack!!! ?(greatest soundtrack...ever! wink.gif )

Didn't the original NES Castlevania composer come back for the N64 entries? ?Did anyone else notice how Super Castlevania IV's soundtrack wasn't as good as the NES trilogy? ?I'm so happy that Rika Muranaka is finally doing another soundtrack! ?I mean, the guy was a sound programmer until SotN! ?Then he wrote the most mind blowing soundtrack I've ever heard (pre-Lord of the Rings, that is)! After SotN, and Silent Hill, did he do any musical scores? Anyone know?

Although, back to the game, I personally hope that it isn't the sequel to SotN, for I think that the sheer slickness of Alucard would be needed for that...that, and doesn't anyone else agree that SotN's closing between Alucard and Vlad Tepes Dracula was actually a perfect ending for the series, as Dracula lost his hatred for mankind? ?Personally, I think so! ?I think that Dracula should either have a new reason, or like in SotN, the great Castlevania itself should be stolen by someone else.

• DarkDreadDarkDread Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    new GBA castlevania? best news I've heard in a long time.

As for the console Castlevania they might be making... as long as it's not 3D, and crap, like the N64 versions, I'll look forward to it. Think of how amazing a 2D Castlevania they could make for the current generation of console systems!
  • ViperViper Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    What amazes me is how quick the game is coming out. May! Castlevania:HoD just came out a few months ago. I wish other games would come out this quick.
  • LordBrianLordBrian Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"As for the console Castlevania they might be making... as long as it's not 3D, and crap, like the N64 versions, I'll look forward to it. Think of how amazing a 2D Castlevania they could make for the current generation of console systems![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I'd love to see a 2D console Castlevania, but Metroid Prime has proven to me that games like that can successfully make the jump to 3D quite well.
  • Liquid IceLiquid Ice Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Whats with Konami, why do they have to make all of the stars of the castlevania sidescrollers, save a few like the original and COTM, look like girls. No offence to women ment. If there gonna make the main character a man than they should make him look like one and if its gonna be a women it should look like a woman. thats all i have to say about that. But in other news, Using a sword is back (sweet) and gameplay and graphics are at their best. So besides my one issue the game looks great.
  • Lao TseLao Tse Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Rockin.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited January 2003
    The game looks good. ?I look forward to getting it. biggrin.gif
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • WildDracWildDrac Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Boo-yaka!! This is one of my most favorite series. I still need a copy of Harmony of Dissonance. And now I'm going to need to get another one. I hope it is a PS2 Castlevania (there are big rumors about it being just that). I don't think they could really do a sequel to SotN. And not because I think Dracula lost his htred of humanity (He heard his wife's last words, yes, but it never sugested he lost his hatred. I think after all the years of defeat, he came to hate humans because of the Belmonts more than what they did to his wife). Besides, there are so many other characters and stories they could explore instead. And a soundtrack by the SotN guy on AoS? WOOF!! Can't wait, must save money now.
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WildDrac @ Jan. 18 2003,18:25)</td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I hope it is a PS2 Castlevania (there are big rumors about it being just that).[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    This game is only going to the GBA. They also announced another Castlevania, but didn't give any details on that.
  • ShinuzzoShinuzzo Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    Finally, a futuristic Castelvania game. Hopefully Konami can get the balance between sound quality and graphics right this time. Also, I wouldn't mind see a port of Dracula X. (the real one not the watered-down SNES version)
    edited January 2003
    Igrashi said he wanted to make another Castlevania Chronicles that will be the PC-Engine/Turbo Duo version of Dracula X. It would be nice if they do remake it. I can sell my Dracula X for some big bucks on Ebay.

• NinaNina Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    I like it! It looks like SOTN! Im excited about it!
  • SupraDarkySupraDarky Member Full Members
    edited January 2003
    </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td class="QUOTE"I'd love to see a 2D console Castlevania, but Metroid Prime has proven to me that games like that can successfully make the jump to 3D quite well[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I completely agree. Metroid Prime showed me how great the jump to 3D can be. If a CV game in 3D has the same quality as MP, then bring it on.