If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TGS - Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Impression

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited September 2007 in Latest Updates
With a tactical advantage in his hand, Paul gives us his hands-on impression of Final Fantasy Tactics A2 direct from the floor of the Tokyo Game Show.

Impression
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• Duke OtterlandDuke Otterland Banned Banned Users
    edited September 2007
    So, it still has the same "learn skills from items" system as its predecessor?

• RageRage Transcends lowly masses Full Members
    edited September 2007
    ffta211.jpg
    This screen makes me think about winrar files.
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2007
    I'm glad to hear that the judges are still around. I liked the Laws system, it just needs a bit of tweaking which hopefully it will get.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited September 2007
    The Judges are in? Ok I'll pass!
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • Killer LinkKiller Link Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I enjoy the judges because it makes the game a bit more challenging, which a lot of games nowadays are to easy now
  • jj984jjjj984jj Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Prison is gone, you don't need to follow laws.
  • scorpioscorpio Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Judges in = me out!
  • Killer LinkKiller Link Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (jj984jj @ Sep. 21 2007,00:44)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Prison is gone, you don't need to follow laws.</div>
    Really?Thats cool, so what do you get?..... a fine or something ^_^
  • Adriaan den OudenAdriaan den Ouden Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (Killer Link @ Sep. 21 2007,06:25)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (jj984jj @ Sep. 21 2007,00:44)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Prison is gone, you don't need to follow laws.</div>
    Really?Thats cool, so what do you get?..... a fine or something ^_^</div>
    If it's like FFXII, they brutally kill you.
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (omegabyte @ Sep. 21 2007,13:00)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    (Killer Link @ Sep. 21 2007,06:25)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE"><div>
    Really?Thats cool, so what do you get?..... a fine or something ^_^</div>
    If it's like FFXII, they brutally kill you.</div>
    If you're right, I am so there.
  • WindWind Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (Duke Otterland @ Sep. 20 2007,16:49)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">So, it still has the same "learn skills from items" system as its predecessor?</div>
    I didn't care very much for the "Laws" in the first FFTA so I'm not exactly happy that they seem to be returning ( I don't care if you can chose to follow them or not ).

I wasn't to thrilled about the way skills were learned from items either.

Why can't it play more like the original FFT on the PS1. That was an awesome strategy game.
    edited September 2007
    <div>
    (Paws @ Sep. 21 2007,13:23)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">If you're right, I am so there.</div>
    +1
    I'd love to pick a fight with the judges.
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Judges were the best part of the first game. They back, me back.

lulz @ the WinRAR reference. Does anyone say RAR in WinRAR like they're a mythical creature? 'cause I do. But then again I'm quite callow and easily amused.
  • lost_keeperlost_keeper Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    I'd love to have a playable Judge job class.

edited September 2007
    <div>
    (lost_keeper @ Sep. 21 2007,18:41)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">I'd love to have a playable Judge job class.</div>
    Maybe that'll happen in Final Fantasy Tactics A2: International, and Japan will get it but we won't.

It'd be classic Square.
    edited September 2007
    Indeed. ?sad.gif
  • Anna Marie PrivitereAnna Marie Privitere Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2007
    Ugh, I'd rather not consider the possibility.
  • scorpioscorpio Member Full Members
    edited September 2007
    Hmmm perhaps i spoke too soon... if judges are in the game thats not as big a deal, its the laws that are the real issues for me, therefore :

laws in = me out

Plus judge playable class =awesomeness

edited September 2007
    There was a playable judge character in FFTA, Cid, who you received if you completed all 300 missions, which, I can tell you, was a gigantic pain in the butt.

edited September 2007
    Yeah, but it's not like it was an assignable class, so you couldn't have a party comprised fully of judges.

I'd love to have a party of judges to bring into battle, the sight would strike fear into the enemy.

edited September 2007
    <div>
    (lost_keeper @ Sep. 22 2007,07:52)</div><div class="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div class="QUOTE">Yeah, but it's not like it was an assignable class, so you couldn't have a party comprised fully of judges.

I'd love to have a party of judges to bring into battle, the sight would strike fear into the enemy.</div>
    Not if they know what's good for them, because if I were one of those judges I'd just make a law against fear, and then say "Hey! Stop that! Yellow card! Don't make me haul you off to jail!"